2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Is self-discovery part of the rubric, I know it doesn't specifically say it, but how would I talk about it making sure it is specific to the rubric, "renewed perceptions of ourselves"??

leehuan

HSC
When I see mock papers (and also quite a lot of schools' trial papers) and look at their discovery essay question, I note that the question literally quotes off the rubric. Like, I can see the rubric sentence in just the question because it's given rather straightforwardly (e.g. question will actually say provocative discovery).

But when I compare the belonging rubric to the 2012-2014 HSC essay questions, I find that the question spins off the rubric instead and relates to it, rather than being directly plucked from it.

atargainz

HSC
When I see mock papers (and also quite a lot of schools' trial papers) and look at their discovery essay question, I note that the question literally quotes off the rubric. Like, I can see the rubric sentence in just the question because it's given rather straightforwardly (e.g. question will actually say provocative discovery).

But when I compare the belonging rubric to the 2012-2014 HSC essay questions, I find that the question spins off the rubric instead and relates to it, rather than being directly plucked from it.
yeah, i've been seeing a lot of questions which pretty much revolve around how the discovery has challenged the individual and affected their perception of things

Drsoccerball

HSC
If the question is about individuals or society boom 100... anything else 0....

teridax

HSC
N/A
can't anything pretty much be linked/moulded to individuals or society lol
tbh, discovery is a multifaceted concept, so if you can bs the links in the rubric, you should be ok

Chris_S

HSC
How long should the last short response question be? Like 1-1.5 pages?

Flop21

HSC
srsly tho

should i cut them down to like 22 or something?

36 might be too much, idk
I try to keep my essays to 1k or less, so if it's around 900-1000 words you're alright.

My quotes are quite chopped up to integrate them better in my essay, so I have quite a few quotes as well. Probably in the high 20s.

Purgie

HSC
How long should the last short response question be? Like 1-1.5 pages?
Depends on how BOSTES is gonna roll with it.

If they are gonna do that 4 question bullshit in the short answer questions where the marks are 3,3,3,6, then i'd write like 1 and a half pages for the six marker.

Up to you tbh.

Chris_S

HSC
Cheers and btw I have looked at a few "band 6" responses and they only have like 10-15 max quotes in total in their AoS essay! Is that a good amount?

Purgie

HSC
Cheers and btw I have looked at a few "band 6" responses and they only have like 10-15 max quotes in total in their AoS essay! Is that a good amount?
Different for everyone. I'd stick with 10-15. I personally have 15 quotes. I'd say that's a sweet spot, but if you can write more.. go for more in the given time limit, do it.

atargainz

HSC
sounds sufficient, especially if you're doing a doco or movie or something like me. My examples and analysis include film techniques so I don't have as many quotes as some the guys here

Flop21

HSC
It'll all come down to how well your essay answers the question, so don't worry too much about number of quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)