• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, quick question about internal and external marks. I know that if a person is coming first internally and gets the highest external mark his final mark will be his external mark. But how about if he is coming first internally and doesn't get the highest external mark? Will his final mark then be the average of his internal and the external mark?

HSC
Hey guys, quick question about internal and external marks. I know that if a person is coming first internally and gets the highest external mark his final mark will be his external mark. But how about if he is coming first internally and doesn't get the highest external mark? Will his final mark then be the average of his internal and the external mark?
To an extent... they get the average as a mark to be used when it gets scaled

Ello1234

HSC
Drsoccerball, we're going to have to put a hold on our wedding, cause I have to finish school...wait i'll be 17 when i finish...hopefully that's not too young.

Drsoccerball

HSC
The person coming first does his hsc exam and that mark is his. If he comes last with 50% and another person came first with 80% he will get the average of the two marks 65% and this works for every rank

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
The person coming first does his hsc exam and that mark is his. If he comes last with 50% and another person came first with 80% he will get the average of the two marks 65% and this works for every rank
Wait so if I'm coming say 5th, my external mark is 60 and the highest external mark is 80, my final mark will be 70? I thought that I will be getting the 5th highest external mark...

Drsoccerball

HSC
Wait so if I'm coming say 5th, my external mark is 60 and the highest external mark is 80, my final mark will be 70? I thought that I will be getting the 5th highest external mark...
No... You get the 5th rank marked averaged with yours

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
I thought it's like if you're internally 5th, the person who came 5th externally<- you take this score + your own external score then half it

HSC
Yes you do. You get your mark averaged with the mark that your rank corresponds with. However, that's not your 'mark' as scaling will take place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)