• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

StudyToDeath

HSC
Lol... My artists influences aren't from the famous artists haha. They're from artists you haven't heard of much and some from my country.

But yeah, one of the reasons why I've neglected my bow cuz I'm not that good in English so I do spend some time studying the theory and practise writing the responses lol, if not I'll not be able to write well under pressure in 1.5 hours.
Honestly everyone needs to practice for art exams, and you're one step ahead of everyone! :)

milkytea99

HSC
I haven't touched my work for about 3 weeks. Started working on it today and I realised how much flaws it has. I'm going to take it home and work on it. If I continue to work on it in school I'll never finish it

milkytea99

HSC
Our art exam is on the 4th November. I couldn't be any more pleased about that :)
I can't believe we're the last day and last exam haha. I have about 6 days to study after my business studies exam lol

StudyToDeath

HSC
I can't believe we're the last day and last exam haha. I have about 6 days to study after my business studies exam lol
Me too, I have 6 days to study after my textiles exam. I think I will go insane attempting to study for art for a week!

Last edited:

milkytea99

HSC
Me too, I have 6 days to study after my textiles exam. I think I will go insane attempting to study for art for a week!
Wow! You do textiles as well? Then that's 2 major works!!! What a heavy workload! One major is enough to kill me already lol

StudyToDeath

HSC
Wow! You do textiles as well? Then that's 2 major works!!! What a heavy workload! One major is enough to kill me already lol
I do, its not that bad considering I did a lot of practical work in the summer holidays. I'm making a quilt and pillow set in textiles, it's nearly finished :p My art major is coming along nicely as well. Surprisingly I'm ahead of most people

milkytea99

HSC
I do, its not that bad considering I did a lot of practical work in the summer holidays. I'm making a quilt and pillow set in textiles, it's nearly finished :p My art major is coming along nicely as well. Surprisingly I'm ahead of most people
Wow! That's superhuman time management skills haha. I'm doing one major work and my artwork is only 50% completed lol

StudyToDeath

HSC
QUESTION:
There is a drawing of a dear on the internet I like. Can I directly use the outline of the drawing and paint it different colours? am I plagiarising?

I heard that you can use other people's artworks, ideas etc but you cannot be selected for art express for copy right reasons.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
QUESTION:
There is a drawing of a dear on the internet I like. Can I directly use the outline of the drawing and paint it different colours? am I plagiarising?

I heard that you can use other people's artworks, ideas etc but you cannot be selected for art express for copy right reasons.

Yes but you'd need to put in your VAPD plus you can put reference in your title. As long as it is substantially different it should be okay.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
QUESTION:

What BLIT said... There's something in the syllabus about referencing to images from flickr and other sources :)

Deer are very cute :p

oh and....

UPDATE:

Today I started work on my third canvas which is big big!! OMG! So exciting!!! This one has less paint thrown across the canvas but more finesse. Gulp. Nah, I'll be fine haha :D.

I received back my marks for the part way BOW and VAPD marking thingo! I got 94% which I'm ecstatic about! Band 6 yay!

I'm not too happy with my second piece, but I wasn't happy with my first piece when I was up to this stage with that one so hopefully it's just a rough patch that I'll be able to overcome. I need to lay down the impasto to give it a little more structure. But I've found with the second artwork that I didn't directly follow the general formula that I used for the first one, and therefore it isn't totally consistent with the first. Sigh.

Now I just need to focus more on my theory work. :D

- m.s.

Last edited:

milkytea99

HSC
Congrats m.s!

Btw, I've started with a triptych since the start of the year so every time I'm painting 3 boards at once. I'm so glad that now my messed up mountain and impasto is now looking better. I'm going to bring home my artwork maybe next week so that I can speed up the progress. Since the start of the year I just left my painting at school and I didn't bring it home.

Last edited:

StudyToDeath

HSC
Congratulations on the mark M.S :) I will get my progress mark for the VAPD + BOW back next week. I've also started on my 3rd canvas. 3 must be a luck number!

milkytea99

HSC
Our teacher is pushing us to finish our BOW by the end of this term, I don't know is it realistic or not lol

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What BLIT said... There's something in the syllabus about referencing to images from flickr and other sources :)

Deer are very cute :p

oh and....

UPDATE:

Today I started work on my third canvas which is big big!! OMG! So exciting!!! This one has less paint thrown across the canvas but more finesse. Gulp. Nah, I'll be fine haha :D.

I received back my marks for the part way BOW and VAPD marking thingo! I got 94% which I'm ecstatic about! Band 6 yay!

I'm not too happy with my second piece, but I wasn't happy with my first piece when I was up to this stage with that one so hopefully it's just a rough patch that I'll be able to overcome. I need to lay down the impasto to give it a little more structure. But I've found with the second artwork that I didn't directly follow the general formula that I used for the first one, and therefore it isn't totally consistent with the first. Sigh.

Now I just need to focus more on my theory work. :D

- m.s.
Well done!

StudyToDeath

HSC
Our teacher is pushing us to finish our BOW by the end of this term, I don't know is it realistic or not lol
Haha it's being realistic, it will be good to have your major out of the way before trials! Are you nearly finished?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)