2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

milkytea99

HSC
Hi everyone!!!

It's been a while since my last update, but you know, half yearlies and stuff...

UPDATE:

I've actually really been enjoying my work now! My artworks are coming along really well, I'm quite happy with them.

Is everyone taking their artworks home for the holidays?
I can't zzzz. The car broke down before the holidays. What a great time to break down zzzz
I might just do experimentation during the holidays and also plan the next step for my work. So when next term starts I can quickly finish it.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
I can't zzzz. The car broke down before the holidays. What a great time to break down zzzz
I might just do experimentation during the holidays and also plan the next step for my work. So when next term starts I can quickly finish it.
Are you going to finish your whole BOW that early? Or just one piece?

Yeah, I had to make the harrowing journey on the school bus with my painting in its carrier thingo... it was a bit scary.

milkytea99

HSC
Are you going to finish your whole BOW that early? Or just one piece?

Yeah, I had to make the harrowing journey on the school bus with my painting in its carrier thingo... it was a bit scary.
Same. I tried taking my work on public transport and. I look like an idiot.
So I tend to drive my work but how the car broke down wtf

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Same. I tried taking my work on public transport and. I look like an idiot.
So I tend to drive my work but how the car broke down wtf
wtf car???

I'm kind of hesitant to work on mine too much. Plus, I left some vital paints at school so bleh.

milkytea99

HSC
wtf car???

I'm kind of hesitant to work on mine too much. Plus, I left some vital paints at school so bleh.
Yeah. My car is not working so I didn't bring my work home zzz.
I'm just going to update my VAD in the holidays , do some crazy experimentation and plan for the next step when term starts lol.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. My car is not working so I didn't bring my work home zzz.
I'm just going to update my VAD in the holidays , do some crazy experimentation and plan for the next step when term starts lol.
Can't wait to hear about your progress:)-please keep us up to date what experimentation you did:)

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone!

My two artworks are looking pretty cool. They're about two thirds of the way through. I've purchased my third canvas (yay) and now it can be full steam ahead. Although, I'm not sure the third canvas is big enough... I'll work that out later :)

I did some small detail on my first frame, bought some new interactive acrylic from the art shop and added complementary tones to my second frame.

I'm pretty happy so far :)

- m.s

milkytea99

HSC
Hi everyone!

My two artworks are looking pretty cool. They're about two thirds of the way through. I've purchased my third canvas (yay) and now it can be full steam ahead. Although, I'm not sure the third canvas is big enough... I'll work that out later :)

I did some small detail on my first frame, bought some new interactive acrylic from the art shop and added complementary tones to my second frame.

I'm pretty happy so far :)

- m.s
Wow, you're now wayyyy ahead of me

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Yes, i got my red P's haha. Upgrade from L's :)
Go you! See, now you're way ahead of me on the driving front haha!

I have to wait till June to get my P's. And my car needs to be re-registered. And I need to actually drive where other cars do. And I need to go to one of the learning course thingos...

Sigh.

StudyToDeath

HSC
I finally found some people who actually care about their major works!!
My major is a painting about the destruction of nature- painting (acrylic), Pop surrealism style with some abstraction. I've completed 2 canvases, they are relatively small with lots of fine detail. I plan on finishing another painting in term 3 :) I will try and post some photos!

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
My major is a painting about the destruction of nature- painting (acrylic), Pop surrealism style with some abstraction. I've completed 2 canvases, they are relatively small with lots of fine detail. I plan on finishing another painting in term 3 :) I will try and post some photos!
Hi! Welcome :D

Your BOW sounds stunning! What a great style :).

How many pieces will your final BOW be comprised of? I'm doing three large canvases in an impasto colour shock style :).

StudyToDeath

HSC
Hi! Welcome :D

Your BOW sounds stunning! What a great style :).

How many pieces will your final BOW be comprised of? I'm doing three large canvases in an impasto colour shock style :).
Wow your artwork sounds amazing, I cannot wait to see the finished piece! I'm always too scared to do large scale works.

My artwork will consist of 3, 20x23 inch canvases. I doubt I'll have time to do a fourth canvas considering trails coming up. We have aprox 127 days until it's due :)

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Progress mark for our VAPD and BOW next week! Hopefully I'm on track and doing well.

I started my third piece on Wednesday and it looks pretty fantastic but the canvas has a tiny crack in it so I'm just submitting it as a proof of experimentation and I'll probably do an unrelated artwork on it some time in the distant future. Now I need to find another canvas and start on my third piece asap to make up for a lost week :).

Feeling pretty chill at the moment. I'm sure it's the calm before the storm.

-m.s.

milkytea99

HSC
Progress mark for our VAPD and BOW next week! Hopefully I'm on track and doing well.

I started my third piece on Wednesday and it looks pretty fantastic but the canvas has a tiny crack in it so I'm just submitting it as a proof of experimentation and I'll probably do an unrelated artwork on it some time in the distant future. Now I need to find another canvas and start on my third piece asap to make up for a lost week :).

Feeling pretty chill at the moment. I'm sure it's the calm before the storm.

-m.s.
Congrats! You're sooo ahead now, I still haven't touched my artwork lol. Just getting feedback on from our half yearlys, I couldn't believe that I got such a high mark for my half yearly in visual arts lol

milkytea99

HSC
Wow, your concept seems sophisticated! Mine is cultural based but it's an abstract depiction of it. It's not a realism painting of my culture since it'll look too cliche and boring.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Congrats! You're sooo ahead now, I still haven't touched my artwork lol. Just getting feedback on from our half yearlys, I couldn't believe that I got such a high mark for my half yearly in visual arts lol
Haha! Whoop! Well done!

I'm sure you'll overtake me once I get in the thick of all the assessments this term :/

MILKYTEA99 said:
Wow, your concept seems sophisticated! Mine is cultural based but it's an abstract depiction of it. It's not a realism painting of my culture since it'll look too cliche and boring.
I don't think I've actually heard about you concept before! That sounds really powerful. Who are your artist of influence/ inspiration ect.?

Last edited:

milkytea99

HSC
Haha! Whoop! Well done!

I'm sure you'll overtake me once I get in the thick of all the assessments this term :/

I don't think I've actually heard about you concept before! That sounds really powerful. Who are your artist of influence/ inspiration ect.?
Lol... My artists influences aren't from the famous artists haha. They're from artists you haven't heard of much and some from my country.

But yeah, one of the reasons why I've neglected my bow cuz I'm not that good in English so I do spend some time studying the theory and practise writing the responses lol, if not I'll not be able to write well under pressure in 1.5 hours.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Great to hear everyone supporting each other on this forum:) If you guys have any urging questions about anything visual arts related, feel free to ask:)-we are here to help!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)