2014 HSC BoWs - How is it going? Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait sorry misread

I spend around 2-5 hours a week on my BOW
Does this include time given in your visual art classes to work on your body of work or is this time frame solely on how long you work on your body of work outside of your class?

fatassmcfat

HSC
YAY im glad this is alive. rumbleroar Im also doing a really detailed slow sort of thing and i know them feels -_- anyone want to post pics? ILL take a pic of mine tomorow

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
YAY im glad this is alive. rumbleroar Im also doing a really detailed slow sort of thing and i know them feels -_- anyone want to post pics? ILL take a pic of mine tomorow
Haha!! What are you doing? What ideas are you exploring?
I'll post up a pic too!

fatassmcfat

HSC
OK i finally took pics but my camera died so they are bad webcam quality. So far I've just drawn (normal pencil) a kitchen and the rest of the pic will show a guy binge eating at a table with all these statues in the background in a trophy cabinet (and there are also some faces on the kitchen drawers and tap). Basically its ironically showing that he has a lot of physical company/human faces around him yet is still lonely, hence the binge eating (something you do for emotional comfort). And I tried to make it look 'greek/romany' since all the art from that time showed the ideal man, powerful, confident, attractive- and this guy is like that in the outside world but is weak when he is alone with his thoughts (I guess similiar to how adults appear all confident around kids, but when alone they are just as confused about the meaning of life and their purpose etc. like the rest of us). Also its about the inevitable loneliness of life- like even with ourfriends around us, at the end of the day we are sleeping alone in our bed, have to deal with our own situations, will be alone in our graves etc.....So inevitable human loneliness I guess is the main theme for my work and my other ones I plan on doing a person on their laptop in the middle of the night on Facebook (yearning for communication and love) and maybe a guy/girl masturbating (not for the sexual comfort but to distract themselves from the loneliness, engage in their senses to find some meaning and let time pass etc.) YEAH i really love this idea because its something I think universally people can relate to....... :) Can you please tell me about your work? :) Man i love artPhoto on 2014-02-16 at 10.09 #5.jpgPhoto on 2014-02-16 at 10.06.jpgPhoto on 2014-02-16 at 10.07.jpg

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Exploration of the interrelationships between humanity, nature, ethics and science :p I hope the complexities will be adequately represented though.

How long did you work on your bow for each week?
Outside of the class, I would say I was working on my body of work around 4-5 hours each week:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Outside of the class, I would say I was working on my body of work around 4-5 hours each week:)
Woah! Did you spend a lot of time in te holidays on it as well?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392585134.321549.jpg

This is a small portion of my BoW, it's part of a panoramic sketch 1.5 x 0.6m in size. That's the centre of it so far and isn't a very big portion. It's edited in the photo because the colours don't come out as well via phone.

I'm exploring the interrelationships between humanity, science, nature and ethics. there's there aspects of my work, but I'll explain most of it later when I get home lol

norwegianwood

HSC

View attachment 30013

This is a small portion of my BoW, it's part of a panoramic sketch 1.5 x 0.6m in size. That's the centre of it so far and isn't a very big portion. It's edited in the photo because the colours don't come out as well via phone.

I'm exploring the interrelationships between humanity, science, nature and ethics. there's there aspects of my work, but I'll explain most of it later when I get home lol
dayum gurl
50/50

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

View attachment 30013

I didn't spend that much time on my major work in my summer holidays, but did spent a few days in each succeeding school holidays devoted to it. Your progress so far looks absolutely amazing:)-such talent-can't wait to see your work when the other components are completed:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I didn't spend that much time on my major work in my summer holidays, but did spent a few days in each succeeding school holidays devoted to it. Your progress so far looks absolutely amazing:)-such talent-can't wait to see your work when the other components are completed:)
Haha thanks strawberrye :) tbh, I can't wait until I finish the other components. It seems as though finishing is a very distant reality haha! Do you have any photos of your BoW? I'm really curious to see what you produced :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
This is the time that I spend either in class or during frees

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
We also have a art theory lesson once a week...

Does you school do something similar?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, nice work rumbleroar.Love the details :p

Don't really have a concept as such, but I'm working with animals such as Elephants

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, nice work rumbleroar.Love the details :p

Don't really have a concept as such, but I'm working with animals such as Elephants
What medium are you working in and what are the size you intend your major work to be?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
We also have a art theory lesson once a week...

Does you school do something similar?
No! I haven't had theory in ages my gosh, I'm getting quite worried about the essay haha!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No! I haven't had theory in ages my gosh, I'm getting quite worried about the essay haha!
What essay are you talking about? Why haven't you had theory in ages? Aren't you required to complete 5 case studies in year 12?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What essay are you talking about? Why haven't you had theory in ages? Aren't you required to complete 5 case studies in year 12?
Haha yes! We've done 1 so far, on our second one. Our teacher wants us to really get moving with our BoWs, so I reckon we'll be doing a lot more theory next term.

We usually have art theory lesson twice a week and prac for one lesson. It seems like our teacher just likes the theoretical side of things lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really?! Ours is so weird, we have like theory once every two weeks haha! What case studies are you doing?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I think we are doing a casestudy on aboriginal artworks atm.
@ Rumbleroar have you asked your teacher about theory ?
I'm sure it will be okay... art essays are a lot more logical then english essays :p

Recent assessment for theory, was really insane at how 1 mark lost was roughly 7 ranks :(

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm working in ceramics/digital manipulation

book (digital) about a4 size

ceramics 15 cm x 20cm roughly ( 3 lots )

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yeah, we're doing modernism at the moment so like Monet, Dali, Seurat etc, and might do some postmodern artists as well. Wbu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah!! Dali is one of my favourite modern masters :) I love how he paints the most out of the world things with such finesse! I remember writing an in class essay on him in year 11 haha :p which post-modern artists are you looking at?

We just did a case study on artists as social commentators, which was really interesting :) I studied Jeff Wall and George Gittoes.

I think we are doing a casestudy on aboriginal artworks atm.
@ Rumbleroar have you asked your teacher about theory ?
I'm sure it will be okay... art essays are a lot more logical then english essays :p

Recent assessment for theory, was really insane at how 1 mark lost was roughly 7 ranks :(
Ooh! Aboriginal art sounds really interesting :) We're doing a feminism case study. I think it would be really cool to see the two overlap!

And our essay was on Tuesday, so its over now (thank goodness lol) I agree, art essays are way better than English essays. They're also so much easier to talk about.

Ouch :( that rank drop sounds intense!! That's a bit like my school, but for maths and English mainly. :'(

I'm working in ceramics/digital manipulation

book (digital) about a4 size

ceramics 15 cm x 20cm roughly ( 3 lots )
do you have any progress pictures or anything? Curious to see how your work is going! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)