2014 HSC BoWs - How is it going? Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

fatassmcfat

HSC
Thanks, maybe i should watch that :monkey:

im using graphite pencil and aiming for the hyperrealistic look
hey do you think it would fine if we posted pics of our BOW over here as a progress/motivation thing? or would HSC markers have a problem with it?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Good luck with hyperrealism :) sounds like a challenge!!

and I don't think HSC markers have a problem with it, as long as you don't have a problem with it, it should be fine!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks, maybe i should watch that :monkey:

im using graphite pencil and aiming for the hyperrealistic look
hey do you think it would fine if we posted pics of our BOW over here as a progress/motivation thing? or would HSC markers have a problem with it?
What subject matter are you doing?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Awesome!! Do you have any pictures of your BoW? Curious to see what it looks like! And haha thank you :p I'm going to try my best because I want to get into art express lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know-try your best to get into art express-but it is really not the end of the world if you don't-as long as you have tried your best. I actually don't have any proper pics of my BOW-not the final one anyways, I have to track it down-when I find the photos of the separate drawings, I will send it to you:) By the way, I wish you a happy holiday:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I know-try your best to get into art express-but it is really not the end of the world if you don't-as long as you have tried your best. I actually don't have any proper pics of my BOW-not the final one anyways, I have to track it down-when I find the photos of the separate drawings, I will send it to you:) By the way, I wish you a happy holiday:)
Haha I know, I just really want to be recognised as an artist I guess :p
What was your BoW concept about? Sounds interesting! Curious to see it!
And thanks, happy holidays to you too :) hope the break treats you well!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
got some designs for my BoW drawn up, will need to email my teacher for approval and stuff before I draw it up on the actual thing!!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
got some designs for my BoW drawn up, will need to email my teacher for approval and stuff before I draw it up on the actual thing!!
Sounds exciting. Hope you are enjoying your holidays so far:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
thought to bump this thread back up!

Now school has started, I'm pretty sure most people have gotten feedback from their teachers. How's everyone's BoWs progressed so far?

my teacher noted it will take me forever to finish part of my BoW, going at the snail pace I am at right now (sighhhhhh) so I need to "quicken" the pace a little or I will have nothing to hand in for August

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
thought to bump this thread back up!

Now school has started, I'm pretty sure most people have gotten feedback from their teachers. How's everyone's BoWs progressed so far?

my teacher noted it will take me forever to finish part of my BoW, going at the snail pace I am at right now (sighhhhhh) so I need to "quicken" the pace a little or I will have nothing to hand in for August
Why would it take you forever to finish part of your BOW?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Why would it take you forever to finish part of your BOW?
My teacher pointed out that I spend too long doing a small portion of my work (I'm planning to do a colour pencil panorama of an artificial landscape as part of my work) and I'm just excruciatingly or meticulously slow :p

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher pointed out that I spend too long doing a small portion of my work (I'm planning to do a colour pencil panorama of an artificial landscape as part of my work) and I'm just excruciatingly or meticulously slow :p
Sounds like it's going to be awesome:) How many pieces of work do you intend to have as your final body of work?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Sounds like it's going to be awesome:) How many pieces of work do you intend to have as your final body of work?
Haha hopefully it will come together (6 months left holy crap!!)
I intend on having 3 aspects to my work: pencil drawings, perspex grid w/ science stuff and the panorama mentioned earlier :p

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha hopefully it will come together (6 months left holy crap!!)
I intend on having 3 aspects to my work: pencil drawings, perspex grid w/ science stuff and the panorama mentioned earlier :p
What's your thematic concern? Your work sounds awesome:)-6 months is plenty of time, just make sure you are working consistently and you should be fine:)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
BOW is going okay,started trying out pinch pots etc for the ceramic part of the major. Art teacher's don't seem to hate my idea so thats good too :p

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
BOW is going okay,started trying out pinch pots etc for the ceramic part of the major. Art teacher's don't seem to hate my idea so thats good too :p
Ooh are you doing many mediums for yours? What's your idea? And art teachers like for an idea is always reassuring haha I would've been devastated if my teacher destroyed my idea :'(

What's your thematic concern? Your work sounds awesome:)-6 months is plenty of time, just make sure you are working consistently and you should be fine:)
Exploration of the interrelationships between humanity, nature, ethics and science :p I hope the complexities will be adequately represented though.

How long did you work on your bow for each week?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing ceramics, then digital/drawing combination so a few different mediums :)

Umn it really depends on how behind I am or if the teacher wants to check it

Did a substantial proportion of it last term. And so far around 6 pages forthis term? Maybe 3-6 hours?

How long do you spend on your vapd?

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait sorry misread

I spend around 2-5 hours a week on my BOW

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I'm doing ceramics, then digital/drawing combination so a few different mediums :)

Umn it really depends on how behind I am or if the teacher wants to check it

Did a substantial proportion of it last term. And so far around 6 pages forthis term? Maybe 3-6 hours?

How long do you spend on your vapd?
Awesome!! Ceramics seem so interesting! I wish we did it in junior years :D What's your concept on?

Idk I haven't spent much time in it lately because I'm working on my actual major. But generally 1-2 hours each week of gluing and pasting things in haha I don't really do a lot of prac in it, just a lot of research and planning.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Wait sorry misread

I spend around 2-5 hours a week on my BOW
haha I was wondering where the VAPD came from!!

wow 2-5 hours a week is a lot :eek: when are you hoping to finish by?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)