2013 UNSW Offers (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
My friend got a 96.25 atar. he didn't get the cutoff...
so he got into normal comm instead of co op?

lol i dont actually think i got into comm. I think this is all a lie and then when I log in this evening, it's gonna say eng/sci T_T

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

lol i dont actually think i got into comm. I think this is all a lie and then when I log in this evening, it's gonna say eng/sci T_T

did you put 3001 when you filled your details into the identity manager link?

ismeta

HSC

I think if he got into comm, he would've been able to accept the conditional offer made to him. (Unless there's a different commerce degree that he needs to apply for?)

Got an offer for B Computer Science. All my friends were jelly of the lower cutoff. "You don't have to work as hard! D:<"

HSC
N/A
I think if he got into comm, he would've been able to accept the conditional offer made to him. (Unless there's a different commerce degree that he needs to apply for?)

Got an offer for B Computer Science. All my friends were jelly of the lower cutoff. "You don't have to work as hard! D:<"
comm op has a different uac code from normal comm

so i'm thinking maybe he got the normal comm?

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
science (advanced)/law with a major in climate systems science :)

D94

HSC
N/A
next page? o_O

Also, someone pls explain to me how this class utilisation thing works it's so confusing :(
It just tells you what classes are available, how many students are in each class, and what lectures/tutorials/labs/other classes you need to take. It's just like the Handbook version (e.g. http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2013/MATH1141.html ) however, it updates more frequently (from what I've seen).

So what you do is you decide which subjects you want to take, so let's say MATH1141. You go to Class Util and find "MATH". Select the appropriate semester, then find "MATH1141". It shows you two lecture streams, both which you need to take, and it shows you TUT1 and TUT2, i.e. you choose 2 tutorial streams. If we choose the first option, it says "Fri 14 (w2-4,5-13, MechEng403)". This means your tutorial will run on Friday, it starts at 14:00 or 2pm and runs for 1 hour unless it specifies a time range, it will run from weeks 2 to 13, and your room is Mechanical Engineering Building, Level 4, Room 403.

You can go to the Handbook version for a slightly better interface, but the Class Util is best to see how many spots are available and whether a class may open up.

HSC
N/A
It just tells you what classes are available, how many students are in each class, and what lectures/tutorials/labs/other classes you need to take. It's just like the Handbook version (e.g. http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2013/MATH1141.html ) however, it updates more frequently (from what I've seen).

So what you do is you decide which subjects you want to take, so let's say MATH1141. You go to Class Util and find "MATH". Select the appropriate semester, then find "MATH1141". It shows you two lecture streams, both which you need to take, and it shows you TUT1 and TUT2, i.e. you choose 2 tutorial streams. If we choose the first option, it says "Fri 14 (w2-4,5-13, MechEng403)". This means your tutorial will run on Friday, it starts at 14:00 or 2pm and runs for 1 hour unless it specifies a time range, it will run from weeks 2 to 13, and your room is Mechanical Engineering Building, Level 4, Room 403.

You can go to the Handbook version for a slightly better interface, but the Class Util is best to see how many spots are available and whether a class may open up.
Thank you <3

It's not, I had it on my preferences with 95.9 and didn't get an offer.

At least 96+, would say your pretty correct with the 96.3 though.
You don't know if you got an offer or not. None of us really do until this evening

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
MedSci omg... Don't even want to do it though :/ I didn't know how the order of preferences worked until today lol. Guess I have to wait for late offers now
Accept the offer anyway, so if you don't get what you want for the late offer you've still got a degree.

And if you don't get the degree you want, then you can still try and transfer in to the degree you do want to do if you get a good WAM (if you feel good about it just take the subjects for the degree you want instead of MedSci subs).

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
It's not 100%. Some people will get in after 9pm. Don't stress if you can't log in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)