• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It seems even Labor mp's are now questioning Gillards credibility after yesterday's abortion disaster.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
"When announcing plans for his own commission of audit in March, he specifically charged it with examining questions such as ''whether the federal health department really needs all 6000 of its current staff when the Commonwealth doesn't actually run a single hospital''.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/how-an-abbott-government-may-run-the-economy-20130611-2o1yz.html#ixzz2VxXm7v3i"

yeah what an embarrassment

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
how is going through the public working system and seeing if those jobs are needed an embarrassment? this will save big dollars and remove useless jobs
as it might mean his own job is found to not be needed.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
"When announcing plans for his own commission of audit in March, he specifically charged it with examining questions such as ''whether the federal health department really needs all 6000 of its current staff when the Commonwealth doesn't actually run a single hospital''.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/how-an-abbott-government-may-run-the-economy-20130611-2o1yz.html#ixzz2VxXm7v3i"

yeah what an embarrassment
I didn't realize that that entirely of the health system takes place within hospitals oh wait it doesn't

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
how is going through the public working system and seeing if those jobs are needed an embarrassment? this will save big dollars and remove useless jobs
I was more concerned with possible changes to the aged pension etc. actually

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I didn't realize that that entirely of the health system takes place within hospitals oh wait it doesn't
Presumably you're annoyed by the likes of me and others getting our jollies off at the prospect of the public service being cut due to this almost dogmatic belief that any government is bad government, right?

But why is the flipside of that on your part better? There might absolutely be positions in the federal health department that are redundant, ignoring the rhetoric. Why shouldn't there be greater efficiency in the public service?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Presumably you're annoyed by the likes of me and others getting our jollies off at the prospect of the public service being cut due to this almost dogmatic belief that any government is bad government, right?

But why is the flipside of that on your part better? There might absolutely be positions in the federal health department that are redundant, ignoring the rhetoric. Why shouldn't there be greater efficiency in the public service?
First off, everybody jumped to the conclusion that that's what concerned me most about the article I posted (which it didn't, it was actually the changes to health, pensions, aging and education).

I don't disagree with genuine public service efficiencies, as I've said a few times recently. I do disagree with cheap, ideology driven public servant bashing. Recent attempts to make the public service more "efficient" are nothing more than taking money out of departments leaving them to decide how to make the cuts, normally by cutting work program, hardly efficient.

In fact there was a review into the public service that made some recommendations to make it more efficient (The Moran Review), unfortunately that required an upfront investment for long term gain but a lot of those plans were ditched and replaced with the dreaded efficiency dividend.

If the coalition implements a genuine, non-partisan (I.e. not done by a former liberal party treasurer), non-ideologically driven, evidence based approach to making the public service more efficient I would applaud that.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Rudd speaks voters' language.
It was a cold and wet day in Hurstville when Kevin Rudd rained on PM Julia Gillard's parade. He's a rock star I enthused as the blue tie wearing former PM was mobbed by shoppers in the Southern Sydney seat of Barton. Everytime he comes he is welcomed. The backbencher proved he's at least trlingual by convsersing in English, Mandarin and a special brand of Bloke Speak aimed at Anglo gents of advanced age or sporting truckers caps- in the suburbs main shopping strip. "Mate, I am a hooker in the scrum here" Mr Rudd said in fluent Bloke Speak as he posed for a photo with a trucker type outside Lowes. Julia Gillard cemented herself as the best person to lead the Labor party to the September 14 federal election. '

A man dressed in a dragon suit explained he was on the disability pension and Mr Rudd said that he would receive superior income support under a Labor government than the other mob.

"The PM (Julia Gillard) is doing a strong job" replied Mr Rudd to a man who claimed that "Julia Gillard is no good."
"I am very lucky" a Chinese woman sighed as the backbencher posed for a photo. "We 're very lucky to have you in Australia because you contribute to the country." "G'day. Kevin... I'm Kevin" he piped. "I'm here to help."

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
any bets on abbott lasting a full term without someone challenging? i feel as though he is one of the most unlikable politicians in parliament who has been gifted one of the strongest protest votes in decades - to the point where he could almost win an election without announcing a policy. yes labour will most likely be wiped out, however, give them 4 years to regroup under a new leader (shorten is my guess), reality will start to set in and alternatives will be sought.

but holy-shit the elephant in the room is definitely abbott's paid parental leave scheme. watch the costs of that absolutely blow out - it is outrageously generous, will be abused and is funded by a 1.5% levy on business, and they have the cheek to complain about a 0.5% tax for the disabled. i was having a read through the scheme and here's pretty much what it entails:

- 26 weeks paid leave at your wage (up to $150,000) or at the minimum wage, whichever is higher. (up from 18 at minimum wage)
- 2 weeks paid leave for the father with the same conditions as above. (completely new)

WOW. so every time a relatively well of couple decides to pop out another unique little star it costs us as a country about $80,000, not including all the hospital fees. oh and for the bottom feeders of society the coalition will guarantee you 26 weeks of min. wage income just for having a baby as well as contributions to your super. just what we need to do, convince young, naive/stupid couples to have children that they can't afford - but that's okay, because centrelink will be there to assist them with income support down the line.

ahhhh, entitlement society.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
if this passes time to get my girlfriend knocked up and collect that sweet sweet entitlement.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
any bets on abbott lasting a full term without someone challenging? i feel as though he is one of the most unlikable politicians in parliament who has been gifted one of the strongest protest votes in decades - to the point where he could almost win an election without announcing a policy. yes labour will most likely be wiped out, however, give them 4 years to regroup under a new leader (shorten is my guess), reality will start to set in and alternatives will be sought.

but holy-shit the elephant in the room is definitely abbott's paid parental leave scheme. watch the costs of that absolutely blow out - it is outrageously generous, will be abused and is funded by a 1.5% levy on business, and they have the cheek to complain about a 0.5% tax for the disabled. i was having a read through the scheme and here's pretty much what it entails:

- 26 weeks paid leave at your wage (up to $150,000) or at the minimum wage, whichever is higher. (up from 18 at minimum wage)
- 2 weeks paid leave for the father with the same conditions as above. (completely new)

WOW. so every time a relatively well of couple decides to pop out another unique little star it costs us as a country about $80,000, not including all the hospital fees. oh and for the bottom feeders of society the coalition will guarantee you 26 weeks of min. wage income just for having a baby as well as contributions to your super. just what we need to do, convince young, naive/stupid couples to have children that they can't afford - but that's okay, because centrelink will be there to assist them with income support down the line.

ahhhh, entitlement society.
gg

they never should have replaced krudd tbhbbq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)