Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Wayne Swan's budget speech the best in decades: Keating.
Paul Keating, the greatest federal Labor Treasurer has praised Wayne Swan's budget speech as "the best in decades". Mr Keating, Australia's second longest serving Treasurer Mr Swans mentor has declared that Labor has rescued the Australian economy from an economic Holocaust. "Mr Swan is simply one of the greatest Treasurers in the world at the moment; and some would argue Australia's greatest Treasurer that ever lived."
yeh no.

Tony Abbott budget reply 'the best in decades', says Peter Costello

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
What lies beneath Joe Hockey (Shadow Treasurer).
Hockey is regarded by many as thoroughly incompetent Treasury Spokesperson and has been proven to be not up to the job. Hockey opposed fiscal stimulus during the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. Hockey and Abbott didn't even know that New Zealand was in recession in 2009. Hockey is a climate change denier and opposed Labor's plans for an ETS/ carbon price which is vital for tackling the greatest moral challenge of our time (climate change). The cost of inaction on climate change is greater than the cost of action. Hockey failed to end the age of entitlement and supports taking a massive axe to welfare payments. Moreover, he has utter contempt for the most vulnerable members of society. Hockey is not fit to become the next Treasurer of Australia.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
What lies beneath Joe Hockey (Shadow Treasurer).
Regarded by many as thoroughly incompetent Treasury Spokesperson and has been proven to be not up to the job. He failed to end the age of entitlement and supports taking a massive axe to welfare payments. Moreover, he has utter contempt for the most vulnerable members of society. Hockey is not fit to become the next Treasurer of Australia.
How can you simultaneously criticize him for failing to end the age of entitlement and wanting to take an axe to welfare?

Myans

HSC
How can you simultaneously criticize him for failing to end the age of entitlement and wanting to take an axe to welfare?
Because its Sathius005 who got an HD in Business Law and Ethics. Gosh.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Tony Abbott is a climate change denier and doesn't believe in the power of markets and free enterprise. Labor's Emissions Trading Scheme is the most cost effective mechanism to deal with dangerous climate change. Labor at its best has been a party of nation building, environmentally secure and a caring party for the less fortunate. Labor believes in environmental protection and securing living standards for future generations. The ETS produces the lowest cost for the highest return via a market based response to climate change. Stop dangerous climate change we must. Stop dangerous climate change we will. If you care about protecting the natural environment Vote Labor and the Greens and put the Liberals last.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Tony Abbott is a climate change denier and doesn't believe in the power of markets and free enterprise. Labor's Emissions Trading Scheme is the most cost effective mechanism to deal with dangerous climate change.

Nooooo, it will have no impact on climate change.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Labor stems political slaughterhouse.
Laurie Ferguson, Federal Labor MP for Werriwa, was overjoyed when according to the post budget AC Nielsen and Galaxy polls, Labor had narrowed the two party vote to 54 per cent Coalition to 46 per cent Labor. Labor had effectively neutralized the border protection issue. Voters were beginning to realize the merits of Labor's educational and disability reforms. Voters were warming to the Labor governments rhetoric of the fair go shinning forward providing optimism, prospect and incentive. Moreover, Labor has successfully achieved its objective to reduce carbon emissions by 5 per cent by 2020 from 2010 levels.

Last edited:

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Labor stems political slaughterhouse.
Laurie Ferguson, Federal Labor MP for Werriwa, was overjoyed when according to the post budget AC Nielsen and Galaxy polls, Labor had narrowed the two party vote to 54 per cent Coalition to 46 per cent Labor. Labor had effectively neutralized the border protection issue. Voters were beginning to realize the merits of Labor's educational and disability reforms. Voters were warming to the Labor governments rhetoric of the fair go shinning forward providing optimism, prospect and incentive. Moreover, Labor has successfully achieved its objective to reduce carbon emissions by 5 per cent by 2020 from 2013 levels. Labor is on track for a historic and famous victory.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Julia Gillard is the best Labor Prime Minister of Australia since Bob Hawke. I voted Liberal all my life until Kevin Rudd led the Labor party to victory in 2007. I also voted for Julia Gillard in 2010. I am now a Labor voter. Rain, hail or shine I will be voting Labor. I believe that the Liberals have lurched to the far right and alienated core support. Moreover, the Liberals are climate change deniers and are quasi- Holocaust deniers in that they continue to attack asylum seeker human rights. Australia must remain a welcoming society. As Rupert Murdoch and the American Neo conservative movement say "refugees and skilled immigrants are the bedrock of the nation."

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Julia Gillard is the best Labor Prime Minister of Australia since Bob Hawke. I voted Liberal all my life until Kevin Rudd led the Labor party to victory in 2007. I also voted for Julia Gillard in 2010. I am now a Labor voter. Rain, hail or shine I will be voting Labor. I believe that the Liberals have lurched to the far right and alienated core support. Moreover, the Liberals are climate change deniers and are quasi- Holocaust deniers in that they continue to attack asylum seeker human rights. Australia must remain a welcoming society. As Rupert Murdoch and the American Neo conservative movement say "refugees and skilled immigrants are the bedrock of the nation."
Just staph.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I want Cliver Palmer to win, and Pauline Hanson to get onboard with him!

So he can build gigantic boats and shit, and so Pauline Hanson can reinstate the White Australia Policy!

But in all seriousness I'd like to see Abbot winning. Yes he is a bit of a douche, but Gillard is just plunging us into deficit like theres no tomorrow. Yes you're "creating jobs," but since Labor came back in 2007, I didn't take them long to blow the huge amount of money Howard had saved, which was a fuckload to say the least.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

So he can build gigantic boats and shit, and so Pauline Hanson can reinstate the White Australia Policy!

But in all seriousness I'd like to see Abbot winning. Yes he is a bit of a douche, but Gillard is just plunging us into deficit like theres no tomorrow. Yes you're "creating jobs," but since Labor came back in 2007, I didn't take them long to blow the huge amount of money Howard had saved, which was a fuckload to say the least.
I know it was pretty reckless to spend all that money during the GFC, it's not like it saved us from a recession or anything..., oh wait

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I know it was pretty reckless to spend all that money during the GFC, it's not like it saves us from a recession or anything..., oh wait
Case in example of...

Having a surplus is a contractionary fiscal policy(i.e the type you have in boom times) and having a deficit is expansionary (i.e the type you normally roll out when recession hits).

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

There's no real guarantee that Abbott and the Liberals will return to surplus when they get into power. Especially if Abbott intends to repeal taxes. Why is a deficit bad? Why is having more money sitting around important? The Libs have said they want to raise company taxes in order to fund their parental leave scheme. Is this an acceptable way to go about funding it? Even if a surplus budget is achieved, is the cost outlined to achieve it acceptable?
Case in example of...

Having a surplus is a contractionary fiscal policy(i.e the type you have in boom times) and having a deficit is expansionary (i.e the type you normally roll out when recession hits).
What's your point?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I'm enrolled in Dobell, I emailed the local liberal canditate asking her opinion on wedge issues, to find out if she's on the libertarian/moderate side of the party, or a huge tool.

It's not like she has a job other than campaign, 8 days no response, I am feeling this snub.

It's pretty funny that Abbotts parental leave levy will cost 400% more than the carbon tax, and even then won't fully fund the scheme, and that funding depends on corporate tax revenue not falling (not likely), and middle class welfare.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm enrolled in Dobell, I emailed the local liberal canditate asking her opinion on wedge issues, to find out if she's on the libertarian/moderate side of the party, or a huge tool.

It's not like she has a job other than campaign, 8 days no response, I am feeling this snub.

It's pretty funny that Abbotts parental leave levy will cost 400% more than the carbon tax, and even then won't fully fund the scheme, and that funding depends on corporate tax revenue not falling (not likely), and middle class welfare.
Yeah but Tony believes in having babies, not that climate change bs

Last edited:

db94

HSC
I know it was pretty reckless to spend all that money during the GFC, it's not like it saved us from a recession or anything..., oh wait
totally agree. the first stimulus package was 100% needed. the other 2, were not however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)