2013–14 Ashes Series (1 Viewer)

timeflies

HSC
I would definitely play James Faulkner ahead of Watto
No way, if Watson ticks and gets into form, he can be one of the most dangerous players on the team. It's just his fitness, hopefully he gets a bowl or two next test and he'll prove himself. At number 3, he is the best man for the job. Unless they bring back someone like Usman Khawaja and give him more of a go. I feel they were unfair on players like him, dropping him without much of an opportunity. They need to build batsmen for the future.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
No way, if Watson ticks and gets into form, he can be one of the most dangerous players on the team. It's just his fitness, hopefully he gets a bowl or two next test and he'll prove himself. At number 3, he is the best man for the job. Unless they bring back someone like Usman Khawaja and give him more of a go. I feel they were unfair on players like him, dropping him without much of an opportunity. They need to build batsmen for the future.
That's debatable haha. I don't see the point in putting an all rounder at no. 3 when as you said, there's plenty of young players that should be given a decent chance to be the number 3 for the next 10 years. The way they have treated players like Khawaja has been poor. I reckon they should give Phil Hughes another shot. You can't go past his domestic form, and I believe he was dealt harshly in England.

timeflies

HSC
That's debatable haha. I don't see the point in putting an all rounder at no. 3 when as you said, there's plenty of young players that should be given a decent chance to be the number 3 for the next 10 years. The way they have treated players like Khawaja has been poor. I reckon they should give Phil Hughes another shot. You can't go past his domestic form, and I believe he was dealt harshly in England.
Thats a really good point. They need to find someone to carry Australia for years to come and that number 3 position is a very important position. The player batting there has to be very adaptable to different situations and I really think someone like Hughes or Khawaja needs to be given a longer stint to cement their position. Dropping them after every 2 tests can also really dent their confidence and is not helping the team in anyway either.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
If we manage to build up proper team confidence and get some wins in then hopefully we can slot some younger players back into the squad as we win to give them some experience. There is no point in us just chucking in younger players into a losing team and taking them out after a few matches because the mystery plan failed. Very similar to when we introduced Agar into the team, sure he had an amazing knock in his first innings as a batsmen but when it came to the ball he didn't really perform.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't see why the hate for Broad. The Australian team is pretty much a team of 11 Stuart Broads, they ALL never walk, hardly ever play to the spirit of the game and are all complete fuckwits.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I don't see why the hate for Broad. The Australian team is pretty much a team of 11 Stuart Broads, they ALL never walk, hardly ever play to the spirit of the game and are all complete fuckwits.
Do you even Australia?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Captain cook chased a chook....all so he could lose the Ashes.

GG. See Warner and Vaughn's comment on Trott. Lol they just killed the confidence that Carberry stated as a high before day 3.
#Gobacktowhereyoucamefrom season 3
Lolol and Clarke's face at his rival enemy :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)