2009 Trial HSC Exams Discussion (1 Viewer)

r u satisfied wif ur results

• yes im pleased

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • im disappointed

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • alright, but could've done beta

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jet

Banned
HSC
does the gap difference matter if ur first?
i'm first in 1 subject and wasn't sure if i should have studied much for it or focused a lot more on my weaker subjects, bit late now anyway
Well it all depends. If everybody does really well in the HSC, the gap will be shortened through moderation. If some people do well and others do poorly, similarly to the school marks, then it will stay the same. if you are an outlier in the exam marks, then it may increase the gap.

jet

Banned
HSC
hmm if i decide to do the 2unit exam instead of 4u, rankwise and gaps, ill be 1st by 25% of the course as we have now finished. what do u think will happen here, do they try to keep the gaps the same for the internal marks?
Well, the gap is affected by the distribution of the exam marks. If everybody is clumped together in exam results, you will still be on top, though by a smaller amount. It would be extremely advantageous if you are so far above the rest of the cohort though. It gives you alot of wiggle room.

shady145

Banned
HSC
Well, the gap is affected by the distribution of the exam marks. If everybody is clumped together in exam results, you will still be on top, though by a smaller amount. It would be extremely advantageous if you are so far above the rest of the cohort though. It gives you alot of wiggle room.
oh okay thanks for that, i like wriggle room XD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly.

For example, you'd be better off be ranked 5th and only be 3 marks away from the person who's first than ranked 2 and be 10 marks away from first.
This, because:

Gaps in ranks > external marks > ranks > internal marks.

That's how I see it anyway.

arumisan

HSC
have exams everyday this week.... luckily it's only one per day. unluckily is the fact that i have my final exam (food tech) on friday next week - boo!

in the exams i already done, eng paper 1, maths and visual arts - i reckon i did alright in english, though i did eff up some of the short responses. I know i totally screwed myself over in maths, even though it was *that* hard of a test, and i think i went a lot better in this visual arts paper than my mid course. not looking forward to paper 2 tomorrow.

jules.09

HSC
Sweeeeet. Finished. :)

The experience of the trials has been relatively stress free, of course, until you get the marks back. Which I'm anticipating, happens next week. - sighs -

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah, good luck for the maths people. Just work quickly and efficiently and you'll be fine.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
3unit maths today. Still can't remeber Simpson and Trapezoidal rule.

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
i've done 2u.. and i effing forgot the perpendicular formula.. whattheshitman.

modern.. and attempted the predict the paper.. AND GOT SCREWED OVER
HARDCORE and had to bullshit my way through Germany... made up a quote by Richard Evans.. which my teacher will totally see through LOL

back from paper 2 english..

I DIDNT FINISH!

TOTAL BURN!

45 mins for hamlet (totally relying on this one)
40 for frank v. br (left out two paragraphs :( and just did conclusion)
35 for conflicting perspectives:
(doing stupid justice game- requires 2 chaps - my essay went.. full analysis one chap. full-sorta anaylsis related. half analydid for next chap. one sentence analysis for related with a quote and technique and introducing it. and one sentence conclusion... WORSE CASE SCENARIO MARK I THINK WILL BE 5 D:
SRSLY I HATE MODULE C! AND I PUT SO MUCH TIME TO FINISHING MY ESSAY TO MEMORISE AND SHIZ :(

i'll be over the moon if i somehow pull a 45/60 out of my ass. (that would be the max i think i can get - each essay out of 20)
maybe i mirculously nailed paper 1..

FML :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)