2009 Trial HSC Exams Discussion (1 Viewer)

r u satisfied wif ur results

• yes im pleased

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • im disappointed

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • alright, but could've done beta

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
my trials are over!!!
(i dont want to see my results)

shady145

Banned
HSC
nooooo i didnt get my rank 1 back in english, came 1st by 2% and i needed first by 5%. owell the gap is even smaller now =)

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
i cant wait to loose my rank 1 in music and economics! plus i go to a shitty school, bye bye atar.

jet

Banned
HSC
I'll explain the table method tomorrow night. I have to go study now.
I need to memorise this short story for extension. Wish me luck :D

jet

Banned
HSC
Awesome, thanks.

And good luck, i'm sure you'll ace it!!
Thanks :) I know I can get 23-25/25 for both questions, because I have nearly always gotten that in the past. It's only if I can't fit my creative to the stimulus. I lost 5 marks in a practice one because it wasn't convincing enough. Let's just hope the examiners are fair.
I'm 2nd out of 13, and I'm hoping to get first lol.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Thanks :) I know I can get 23-25/25 for both questions, because I have nearly always gotten that in the past. It's only if I can't fit my creative to the stimulus. I lost 5 marks in a practice one because it wasn't convincing enough. Let's just hope the examiners are fair.
I'm 2nd out of 13, and I'm hoping to get first lol.
You'll get it :)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not just the ranks that count, but the gaps in between them. You should work to minimise the gap :)
ok im a little confused tho...

im already coming third right, and theres only three people in our class. in the hsc, ill probably come third in the exam too.

since the first and last mark are used in the hsc as the 1st person's and last person's assessment mark, doesnt that mean that ill get the last mark in the exam (which will be my exam mark anyway)?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
ok im a little confused tho...

im already coming third right, and theres only three people in our class. in the hsc, ill probably come third in the exam too.

since the first and last mark are used in the hsc as the 1st person's and last person's assessment mark, doesnt that mean that ill get the last mark in the exam (which will be my exam mark anyway)?
You'll keep your exam mark as your external mark no matter what. But if the gap in the internal marks between you and 2nd your school sent in is much smaller than the mark gap between you and 2nd in the HSC exam, then your internal mark will be moderated to reflect the smaller gap.

Remember that your overall mark is the average between your internal mark and your external mark.

That's pretty much the gist of it.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll keep your exam mark as your external mark no matter what. But if the gap in the internal marks between you and 2nd your school sent in is much smaller than the mark gap between you and 2nd in the HSC exam, then your internal mark will be moderated to reflect the smaller gap.

Remember that your overall mark is the average between your internal mark and your external mark.

That's pretty much the gist of it.

ohh ok. our school is silly then, because they told us that for the assessment marks, they only moderate the marks between the top exam mark and the bottom exam mark, and these two marks stay the same. they lieee!!!!

ok so lets say i messed up really bad today...
so 1st= 75%
2nd=60%
3rd (me)= 40%

thats really bad isnt it? :S

shady145

Banned
HSC
ohh ok. our school is silly then, because they told us that for the assessment marks, they only moderate the marks between the top exam mark and the bottom exam mark, and these two marks stay the same. they lieee!!!!

ok so lets say i messed up really bad today...
so 1st= 75%
2nd=60%
3rd (me)= 40%

thats really bad isnt it? :S
yea some teachers have no clue on how it is done... i have to correct my teachers sometimes when they try to explain how the scaling works. just refer them to the uac scaling reports

cerys

because i can.
HSC
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

So screwed for the Ancient History exam tomorrow. I'll probably pass, but it won't be spectacular...

:burn:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Damn all you people who are coming first in your schools. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)