2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

what i think is happening is that, if u need to attend some academic advise on the orientation day then u cant enroll, but if u dont need to attend taht academic thing, u can enroll.. i think thats whats happening, im still confused aswell haha
Seriously wtf?

You come to your allotted enrolment day, with your timetable filled out (or not if you're confused but don't expect the day to be quick if you do come with an empty timetable), then you go to an academic, show them your timetable, they sign off if they approve it, or send you back and tell you you can't do it.

Once you're done you got to another building, give your piece of paper to a student helper, who'll enrol you into your classes (and barring full classes/tutorials) you'll get a print out of your timetable and enrolment advice. At this stage you're now a MQ student.

You can go pay fees + get your photo taken for your ID card, or do it another day.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

can any one help me with subjects/unit selection?

i'll b doing a B arts, but transferring into B commerce after 1st semester, and need to maintain a gpa of 2 i think. which units should i enrol in which are related to b comm, cos i dont wanna waste my time with unrelated subjects/units, and also ones which aren't that difficult to maintain a gpa of 2.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC

You have to go in and get your proposed units signed by some academic guru. The guru will then guide you to the craggly top of mount Krykor where you must throw your first-born into the fiery depths below. Once your soul has been consumed by the burning hatred that has been bestowed on so many before you, the true meaning of "Macquarie" shall be revealed to you.

Your timetable will then be printed out and you will be allowed to go home.
ty, ure explaination has enlightened me, and i have been trasformed. Cnanot wait for the true meaning of macquarie haha :)

Last edited:

cjdart

HSC

how many credits points do we need?

X

xeuyrawp

can any one help me with subjects/unit selection?

i'll b doing a B arts, but transferring into B commerce after 1st semester, and need to maintain a gpa of 2 i think. which units should i enrol in which are related to b comm, cos i dont wanna waste my time with unrelated subjects/units, and also ones which aren't that difficult to maintain a gpa of 2.
A GPA of 2 and 12cps is the minimum to get into BCom. I would aim for a bit higher incase you want to transfer to something else later.

With regards to subjects, there are two schools of thought:
1. Try to still get as many BCom subjects done as you can. "Waste as little time as possible", "you want to try commerce anyway before you commit to it"
2. Do subjects you'll enjoy and do well in; "maximise your chances of getting in and have fun!"

It's completely your choice, although I think the latter is a much better option.

HSC

um, i dont understand the MAQ timetable and how it works...

im doing a double degree, and i just dont know wat to do.
can some one please help me outt..

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

A GPA of 2 and 12cps is the minimum to get into BCom. I would aim for a bit higher incase you want to transfer to something else later.

With regards to subjects, there are two schools of thought:
1. Try to still get as many BCom subjects done as you can. "Waste as little time as possible", "you want to try commerce anyway before you commit to it"
2. Do subjects you'll enjoy and do well in; "maximise your chances of getting in and have fun!"

It's completely your choice, although I think the latter is a much better option.

ahk..i see now....thanks.
2nd option also appeals to me cos my mind could change later on

but in regards to the 2nd option....i wont be "behind" once i enrol in whichever degree i decide to? Because i havent done relevant subjects i wont know whats going on etc if u know what i mean...? or maybe my idea of how the whole subjects/units/semesters system works is probably wrong so please b patient lol.

*Baby-K*

HSC

At MQ you can pick ANY unit from anywhere as long as you fulfill the pre-requisite (so this rules out certain specific units which need you to be enrolled in the degree in :))
what about the previous studies acknowledgement?
Because I am filling out my proposed program form and I can't find enough units. I want to do Russian and French but not beginners. So if I list for example RSN350 and FRN123 will I still have my form signed or will they ask me to change it? I am so confused.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

what about the previous studies acknowledgement?
Because I am filling out my proposed program form and I can't find enough units. I want to do Russian and French but not beginners. So if I list for example RSN350 and FRN123 will I still have my form signed or will they ask me to change it? I am so confused.
You will need to tell the person signing off on it of your previous experience, usually an email/confirmation from the unit convenors should be enough if they ask you why you are doing those units.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A

Heyy lol wrong thread :wave:
I did alright. I did better in Extension than in Continuers. I got 43 for Extension and 88 for Continuers so E3 and Band 5.

Good luck next year! PM me if you need any help

hi there! :D

haha i love it how you do better in extension that in continuers :p Count on baby K to get fabulous marks! :) you should be very proud of yourself

Thanks Baby K for your generosity to help :)
xxx

xsavagex

HSC

Ok im sooo fkn confused!

I got into B Commerce.

First thing, i understand you can take subjects from any faculty but im so confused as to what the requirements are to finish the course. I just dont understand.

My enrolement day and all that is on Feb 2nd and i have no idea how to figure out my timetable, or what subjects are available or anything like that!!

Im just really confused. I've accepted my offer, filled in my HECS form online.

Oh also i was at CSU last year and i was wondering how i get credits towards B Commerce from my other course?

hope someone can help me :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

You can get credit for previous study, before the day you want to fill out the CPS form (pdf) and this requires you to attach your academic transcript from the previous institution so get that sorted.

More information about Credit for Previous Study can be found at their website.

xsavagex

HSC

^ Thanks for that! Very helpful.

Im so bad at enrolling in things :(

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

You have to go in and get your proposed units signed by some academic guru. The guru will then guide you to the craggly top of mount Krykor where you must throw your first-born into the fiery depths below. Once your soul has been consumed by the burning hatred that has been bestowed on so many before you, the true meaning of "Macquarie" shall be revealed to you.

Your timetable will then be printed out and you will be allowed to go home.
baha.

Seriously wtf?

You come to your allotted enrolment day, with your timetable filled out (or not if you're confused but don't expect the day to be quick if you do come with an empty timetable), then you go to an academic, show them your timetable, they sign off if they approve it, or send you back and tell you you can't do it.

Once you're done you got to another building, give your piece of paper to a student helper, who'll enrol you into your classes (and barring full classes/tutorials) you'll get a print out of your timetable and enrolment advice. At this stage you're now a MQ student.

You can go pay fees + get your photo taken for your ID card, or do it another day.
um where do i get the timetable to fill in? is that in mymq or estudent? i can sign into estudent but not mymq...unless im not supposed to be able to sign into mymq yet?

Nostalgia

HSC

So I got an offer of a equity scholarship, what do I do now? Do I need to accept it from UAC or something? I filled in the form, do I just hand it in to Tony Crabtree? It says "Thursday and Friday only" on the form so can I only hand in the form on those days?

peter2

Banned
HSC

I got one as well but it says you have to post it. Why don't you post it aswell?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

um where do i get the timetable to fill in? is that in mymq or estudent? i can sign into estudent but not mymq...unless im not supposed to be able to sign into mymq yet?
Edit: I've just checked those two pages (seems like they've provided two pages in the two different brochures available), and there is no link on either page :|

Proposed Program Form (pdf) can be found here though.

Last edited:

*Baby-K*

HSC

Ok so I am applying for CPS but on the basis that I lived in Russia for 12 years - what documentation can I provide as support???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)