2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Re: 2009 Macquarie Uni Offers

Ok so I am applying for CPS but on the basis that I lived in Russia for 12 years - what documentation can I provide as support???
Hmm, what are you trying to do exactly? If you're trying to gain permission to do some of the higher end Russian units, rather than start from beginners, you can just talk to the relevant unit convenor/lecturer as they're usually the one who has a major hand in running the course from first to third year.

Marika Kalyuga is the person you want to email: webpage and marika.kalyuga@mq.edu.au

Credit for Previous Study is mainly there for those who've studied at other universities and have transferred and are looking to 'skip' certain subjects as they've already done them previously.

Evidence Of Prior Studies

You are required to supply official transcripts of all your relevant previous studies (end-of-semester results slips are not acceptable). An official transcript is a complete record of each qualification attempted including all grades achieved. It will be presented on an institution letterhead and possibly on watermarked paper.

If you have studied at an institution other than an Australian university or accredited post-secondary institution, you need to submit details of syllabuses, courses and units studied. If the transcripts for your previous studies are in a language other than English you must include certified translations of your previous studies.

Qualifications or Studies Accepted for Credit For Previous Studies

Please refer to the Booklet For Credit For Previous Studies for information on Credit for Previous Studies from:

* Australian University/College of Advanced Education
* Overseas Tertiary Institutions
* TAFE
* Private Education provider courses
* Formal Institutional Agreements
* Previous Macquarie Students
* Restrictions on the Amount of Credit Points Granted (multiple qualifications, incomplete degrees and Credit For Previous Studies in Law)
Are the accepted forms of previous study.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

yah I guess but they ask for documentation from previous institutions and I am not sure that I have something from my school in Russia and if I do it will be in Russian lol
That'll probably be better than the Passport ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Looks like some of you are already nocturnals, good to see, you'll fit into uni right away!

*Baby-K*

HSC

Hmm, what are you trying to do exactly? If you're trying to gain permission to do some of the higher end Russian units, rather than start from beginners, you can just talk to the relevant unit convenor/lecturer as they're usually the one who has a major hand in running the course from first to third year.

Marika Kalyuga is the person you want to email: webpage and marika.kalyuga@mq.edu.au
Yah I am trying to gain permission to do one of the higher end Russian units. So should I just email Marika Kalyuga? Wow her name doesn't sound russian at all...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Yah I am trying to gain permission to do one of the higher end Russian units. So should I just email Marika Kalyuga? Wow her name doesn't sound russian at all...
Yeah, I'd fire over an email, and see if she'll let you in and whatnot :)

Also, I think there are certain streams in the Russian units, so it's probably advantageous to both of you to find the right stream so that you're not bored to death in the classes!

pablito

HSC

i recieved a uac main round offer from Macquarie University.

But as a NRSL, am i required to enroll between the 2nd-6th of feb, or instead enroll on Friday 13 February, the same day i can claim credit for previous studies? perhaps i must attend both days.

any help would be richly appreciated.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

hahaha yeah, i've already made sure my lectures aren't in the morning
Ugh, I've got a 9am start on a Monday....I didn't go to a lectuer before 10 during my first degree, so much bullshit :(

i recieved a uac main round offer from Macquarie University.

But as a NRSL, am i required to enroll between the 2nd-6th of feb, or instead enroll on Friday 13 February, the same day i can claim credit for previous studies? perhaps i must attend both days.

any help would be richly appreciated.
If you have CPS, then attend Friday, they're pretty anal about the whole thing.

HSC

Ugh, I've got a 9am start on a Monday....I didn't go to a lectuer before 10 during my first degree, so much bullshit :(

oh man that sucks monday's are the worst to have early mornings, poor you

letthesunrise

HSC

Do we have to submit the Commonwealth Asstance Form online on eStudent or is there a day we can do it in person? I feel kind of uncomfortable doing it online; and when is the deadline for it anyway?

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC

also, do we need to do anything with the little slip on the bottom of the uac letter even if we've accepted/enrolled online?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Do we have to submit the Commonwealth Asstance Form online on eStudent or is there a day we can do it in person? I feel kind of uncomfortable doing it online; and when is the deadline for it anyway?
There really shouldn't be a danger in doing it online and the cut off is:

When do I need to submit my eCAF?

Commonwealth supported - you must complete an eCAF as soon as possible after you have been offered a place in the course and have decided that you are going to accept this offer. Please complete an eCAF before you are admitted into your course to ensure your enrolment is not delayed.

If you intend to take out a HECS-HELP loan you will need your Tax File Number. If you intend to pay up-front you do not need your Tax file Number.

Domestic fee-paying - if you wish to take out a FEE-HELP loan you may complete your eCAF before or soon after enrolment, and before the census date for the unit. You will need your Tax File Number.
eStudent eCAF FAQ

For further information visit the government website

also, do we need to do anything with the little slip on the bottom of the uac letter even if we've accepted/enrolled online?
Nah, its useless, being enrolled in your units = enrolment, so you're not actually enrolled at the moment, you've merely accepted the offer.

dance2urownbeat

HSC

when it say lect1 and lect2, do i have to go to both or just one?

Last edited:

dance2urownbeat

HSC

both

only if there is 'lecture 1' and then like 2 classes can u choose a CLASS

Lecture_1
Class_01 Wed 11-13 W5B MACTH
Lecture_2
Class_01 Thu 11 W5B MACTH

so that would mean im meant to go to both yeh? damn. going to macq for one hour on a thursday will be annoying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)