2009 cssa biology (1 Viewer)

bemer

HSC
A pretty good test the one question that annoyed me was the 7 mark one at the end of the core i was like WTF, but bio still kicks arse in my oppinion
there was no 7 mark question

doggieslover

HSC
Yeah there was a 7 marker on Mendel, and Boveri and what not. Stupid question. stupid paper.

But yes short. I also had fifty mintues to spare, and that's with my teacher adding in questions to make up for the ones she had to take out.

The prac sucked. I made up some rubbish about agar plates.

Bio papers are very boring in general though. I was quite bored

-Onlooker-

HSC
^^^^^

I'm just having a stab in the dark; but maybe different options?

samthebear

HSC
Had about 50 minutes left
Yep. had like an hour left.

The paper was surprisingly non-HSC like in terms of questions-wise.
I know =[ i was so upset cuz i studied from past questions and i was totally gearing to answer straight out answers and it was all this crap which reminded me so badly of english T_T make shit up as you go questions suck.

Worst. Paper. Ever.

People complaining about how the biology papers are 'regurgitation' must have got to them. I think they were trying to put some 'skills' questions in there, but overdone it a little...

It wasn't that hard of a paper, but I was looking forward to writing definite answers instead of english-like evaluations and discussions -_-
Agreed. i felt so sad in that exam. cuz i knew a shit load of bio but nothing to help me with these piss lame 'make up shit as you go' questions. i was thinking "God damn it! where're questions where i can show my bio intellectual prowess?? i dont want these stupid evaluate/analyse questions which have little or nothing to do with the syllabus."
Even those evaluate questions werent taken from the evaluate/analyse dotpoints in the 2nd hand data resources column >.> and i studied everything damnit!

effort = wasted.

the only question i liked was the thing with punnet squares where i thought "OMG. bio skillz being used."

isaiahmercado

HSC
Re: CSSA Bio trial papers

Haha totally understand
I did the prac where we touched the agar plate before and after washing our hands with anti-bacterial soap..

Does that sound right?

yeh i thought of a prac like that but my teacher told us that we're not allowed to use human test subjects...so i was thinking using rats....and then cleaning them but yeh i dont kno...stupid question in the end

HSC
yep. Had like an hour left.

I know =[ i was so upset cuz i studied from past questions and i was totally gearing to answer straight out answers and it was all this crap which reminded me so badly of english t_t make shit up as you go questions suck.

Agreed. I felt so sad in that exam. Cuz i knew a shit load of bio but nothing to help me with these piss lame 'make up shit as you go' questions. I was thinking "god damn it! Where're questions where i can show my bio intellectual prowess?? I dont want these stupid evaluate/analyse questions which have little or nothing to do with the syllabus."
even those evaluate questions werent taken from the evaluate/analyse dotpoints in the 2nd hand data resources column >.> and i studied everything damnit!

Effort = wasted.

The only question i liked was the thing with punnet squares where i thought "omg. Bio skillz being used."
+ 1

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
The paper was ok, not good, not bad but ok.
Multiple choice was nice except 1 or 2 but the free response was a bit meh.

Only thing is PDHPE and Bio on the same day was a killer, I could have done much better in both if they were on different days. 6 hours of exams was NOT fun.

sickk

HSC
us too, did our own teacher set of what wed done in the option so far, but it was a shit paper, i finished earlya nd went back and changed soo many of my multiple choice, which i KNOW is a bad idea...

Randomboy

HSC
88% for me.. I lost most of my marks in option :( Stupid communication! lol

Also lost like 3 in Multi choice? <-- how? *shrug*

HSC
we've only got our multiple choice marks back.
got 14/15 :D

so prepared to fail the rest of the paper though haha!

killua_3

HSC
85 so far...still scamming marks :D

just wondering, are all the cssa papers for different schools exactly the same? or do they vary slightly

yheywood87

HSC
some of the options r different cause different schools havent finished the options yet, so they were made internally for what has been covered in class...

sickk

HSC
us too, did our own teacher set of what wed done in the option so far, but it was a shit paper, i finished earlya nd went back and changed soo many of my multiple choice, which i KNOW is a bad idea...
yup, fucked me up... 4 that i changed, came out wrong... 3 of them i had the right on in the first place....

got 89 in the end, so still happy :)
EDIT: thats with our teachers version of communication

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)