2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

Roy9

HSC
^I was on the Everton website and Moyes said Cahill is fine. Just had a sore toe and he was pretty tired so they saw it as a sensible substitution to put Anichebe on.

But damn, we deserved all 3 points against Arsenal. The top 6 is already decided... I'm just hoping that Everton can maintain their form and keep holding out until Saha and Vaughan are back so that we can snag 5th place

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Everton hustle like motherfuckers brahhhh. they dont have the best squad in the epl but they use each player to perfection.

Villa have a really soft run in the final six games: West Ham (H), Bolton (A), Hull (H), Fulham (A), Boro (A), Newcastle (H). They have three tough fixtures on end though before those six: Liverpool (A), Utd (A), Everton (H).

Compared to Arsenal's final six: Liverpool (A), Boro (H), Pompey (A), Chelsea (H), Utd (A), Stoke (H). If Villa maintain their five point advantage or are even on the same points at this stage you have to back Villa.

Liverpool have a tough stretch in March with ties against Real Madrid in the CL sandwiched in between Utd (A) and Villa (H). They are in freefall and more dropped points against Chelsea on Sunday would not surprise.

Bolton and Fulham away wont be easy for Villa, but IMO Villa will need to get something from their remaining matches against top 4 opposition, because i have a strong feeling Arsenal will. Arsenal will have a full squad (with Cesc, Walcott, Eduardo and possibly even Rosicky returning) for the run in. Hopefully they will play a United squad that has already wrapped up the EPL and is focusing on the UCL.

Liverpool will have it tough and will soon have to decide between EPL and UCL. I think it's fair to say now that Rafa should've kept quiet.

samwell

HSC
I dont necessarily think the title chase will be over if chelsea v liverpool draw and man utd win<although utd's lead will stretch to 5 with a game in hand> but i do think everton will most probably run away with a point or loose to a last minute berbatov goal. I would be really suprised if everton bt man utd which would effectively mean that chelsea/liverpool go on top with a win(but man utd will still have a game in hand>

Roy9

HSC
Hey roy, fellaini and cahill are doubts for the man utd game :(
Yeah I just saw that on the Everton site... don't know where we will get a goal from if both of them aren't playing. We'll have to rely on some Arteta magic from a free kick

samwell

HSC
Yeah I just saw that on the Everton site... don't know where we will get a goal from if both of them aren't playing. We'll have to rely on some Arteta magic from a free kick
Van der ser is on form remember

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Everton away from home without Cahill and Fellaini, can't expect much other than parking the bus.

samwell

HSC
I would soo love to see a suprise utd loss in the league
looks very unlikely though

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'd sooo love to see Liverpool and Chelsea and Arsenal lose points every week too.
Looks very unlikely though. :rolleyes:

Evertonian

HSC
Man utd 1 - 0 Everton

meh cant say much for either side, man utd were lucky to get a penalty. However i believe that lescott was fouled in the penalty box and it shoulda been a penalty.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Man utd 1 - 0 Everton

meh cant say much for either side, man utd were lucky to get a penalty. However i believe that lescott was fouled in the penalty box and it shoulda been a penalty.
Lucky? Nigga please. Arteta clearly swung a leg at Carrick. Contact was inside the box, clear penalty. It should've been another too when Lescott fouled Carrick but we all know they'll never give 2 penalties in one game to us.

And Lescott just fell, Rio hardly put an arm on him.

Poor second half. Everton pretty much parked the bus as expected. We aren't as soft as Liverpool so everything's good. I'd still prefer to see more goals though.

So since Rafa's rant, we've been winning every week. Liverpool haven't won for the whole month of January. Very nice. Here's hoping for a draw a lots of cards and injuries in the game between Liverpool and Chelsea. :)

Happy 2009. :D

samwell

HSC
stupid man utd its now 12 games since they conceded
I hope Chelsea totally kill Liverpool coz a draw would mean that utd will be really hard to catch utd
it will be soon till utd lose their hot streak
nxt utd v liverpool game should b a real cracker

Roy9

HSC
I reckon both penalty appeals that Man Utd had were 50/50... so I guess it's fair that they were awarded one and denied the other. Still a pretty good performance by Everton.

And lol, did anyone else watch the Stoke vs Man City game? Down to 10 men and keeping Man City scoreless.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Lucky? Nigga please. Arteta clearly swung a leg at Carrick. Contact was inside the box, clear penalty. It should've been another too when Lescott fouled Carrick but we all know they'll never give 2 penalties in one game to us.
Please. All ManUtd have to do is trip over their shoelaces and they get a penalty. Or else Sralex will give them a dirty look, have a whinge to his friends on the FA board and get them sacked. Like the other day when Rooney took that 'corner' and they didnt give the goal he ran straight over to the assistant ref and verbally abused him. No wonder they get good calls- its intimidating. The favourable treatment is a joke. West Brom's manager was right the other day coming out and saying refs want to be friends with top players like Ronaldo and Lampard (ESPNsoccernet - England - Mowbray claims refs are in awe of top players)
Manu should win games for playing good football not for being good at intimidationg refs and falling over in the box for fun.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Please. All ManUtd have to do is trip over their shoelaces and they get a penalty. Or else Sralex will give them a dirty look, have a whinge to his friends on the FA board and get them sacked. Like the other day when Rooney took that 'corner' and they didnt give the goal he ran straight over to the assistant ref and verbally abused him. No wonder they get good calls- its intimidating. The favourable treatment is a joke. West Brom's manager was right the other day coming out and saying refs want to be friends with top players like Ronaldo and Lampard (ESPNsoccernet - England - Mowbray claims refs are in awe of top players)
Manu should win games for playing good football not for being good at intimidationg refs and falling over in the box for fun.
Are you Rafa in disguise? I'm sure you would win the league if not for some 'crazy' things.

And yeah, we win every single one of our titles by intimidating refs, and like we haven't copped anything this season from the FA. Anyone from Liverpool getting suspensions yet? No. Gerrard dives to win penalties, while Carrick's penalty he was actually tripped. Arteta didn't do much complaining did he, he knew it was a penalty.

But whatever makes you happy mate. Here's the one saying Villa is a shitty team. :rolleyes:

Roy9

HSC
Anelka to break his scoring drought tonight. Chelsea 1, Liverpool 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)