2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Iemma strategy pays off for ALP

Iemma strategy pays off for ALP
Imre Salusinszky, NSW political reporter
August 25, 2006

SUPPORT for the Coalition in NSW is in freefall, with Premier Morris Iemma poised to preserve Labor's handsome majority at next year's state election.

The latest Newspoll, conducted exclusively for The Australian over the past two months, shows Labor leading the Liberal-Nationals Coalition on primary votes for the first time since February 2004, by 41per cent to 38 per cent.

The result confirms the strategy mapped out by Mr Iemma's office, which has carefully distanced him from his predecessor Bob Carr, using the motto, "Getting NSW moving".

The Newspoll will send shockwaves through the NSW Coalition.

[continued - see link]

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Debnam and the NSW Liberal party are a disgrace.. as a FORMER member, it just reinforces my conviction for distancing myself.

Poor management, poor strategy, poor policy and and poor campaigning.

People are sick of whinging oppostion and would rather a viable alternative, not some quagmire of extreme right wing lunatics who believe that their views are consensus. The cliche policy approaches are vastly outdated and ineffective.

If Debnam says 'softly, softly approach to crime' one more time, something seriously disturbing will occur..:ninja:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Both labor and the coalition suck big time. NSW is shittest state by far at the moment. I would adivse to move to queensland.

Shit roads
Shit Trains
Shit Education
Shit Buses
Shit Traffic Ligths
Shit RTA
Shit Taxes
Shit Rent/ Housing market
Shit everything that the governments have control over.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Queensland is hardly a great alternative, and it's fair to say that the Coalition in the northern state is probably more inept than the one in NSW - Out in the cold.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Generator said:
Queensland is hardly a great alternative, and it's fair to say that the Coalition in the northern state is probably more inept than the one in NSW - Out in the cold.
I would still think queensland is better.. - they have health crisis shortage of doctors - but they taxes are by fair better and so are there road authority association . cheaper registration fees.

but living NSW - ignoring taxes and shit services, the community i think still kicks ass and thats something that the government cant really chang which is good.

perth on the other hand - vast state and not enough peeops - booming thanks to the mining industry - property their have berserk.

regarding the politcal makeup of NSW - labor are in it tough, so many problems and but i dont think the liberals will be able to handle it. fix these problems.. but i suppose labor can only get worse.

on that note - ireally think the government should build recycling water plant- i cant believe they were voting on this ... i think it was shown that was water was cleaner as it underwent more rigorous cleaning and sterilising processes. desalinisation plant is expensive and really not what we need.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Debnam's not drowning, he's waving

Many people don't even know who he is, but Peter Debnam remains confident in his crusade. David Marr meets the man who would be premier.

EAGERLY leaning forward, a bottle of water in his hand, Peter Debnam is discussing the polls. The figures are diabolical. After an energetic year as Leader of the Opposition, this likeable, slight figure is getting nowhere with the voters of NSW.

"We never talk about polls," he cautions. "But as I said to a number of people today, anybody who thought we were going to stay in front in the polls for 18 months to the elections given the power of governments these days was living in fantasy land."

Only a political bloodbath will deliver this man office, yet the best he's done so far is a bit of a bump after the Cronulla riots and the fiasco of the Cross City Tunnel. That 5 or 6 per cent rise in autumn has been sinking all winter. And the number of NSW voters dissatisfied with his performance has climbed steadily since he took over the leadership. Why? "I don't know." [...]
Continued: http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...g/2006/09/01/1156817102739.html?page=fullpage

yy

HSC
N/A
the nsw liberal is too conservative for me, e.g. they want to shut the kings cross injection centre, among others.

as for the economy, well, i really don't care about state economy.

philly17

The economy is important. It about time the state gove stopped blaming the federal for its eco. problems. The Labor government has completely stuffed up NSW on so many levels eco, roads, public transport, health need I continue.. It time for a change VOTE 1 LIBERAL

philly17

This isnt an essay therefore I dont check my spelling and grammer! Also I'm not teaching primary or english so it dosnt really matter!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
This isnt an essay therefore I dont check my spelling and grammer! Also I'm not teaching primary or english so it dosnt really matter!

there is no guarantee that the libs can do any better. its time to experiment with NSW (its so shit there is little to lose). I say lets give the greens a shot.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
The economy is important. It about time the state gove stopped blaming the federal for its eco. problems. The Labor government has completely stuffed up NSW on so many levels eco, roads, public transport, health need I continue.. It time for a change VOTE 1 LIBERAL
Honestly everything you say is so hyperbolic that it's hard to take you seriously at all, ever.

philly17

What I said about the crap state of the labor government is true (labor in general are crap). I am sarcastic alot though...

HSC
fingers cross if liberals finally wins over labor.

Iemma premier dope

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20419366-5007132,00.html

I just love how our state government is running our state at the moment, poor public transport, increase in transport fees, bad hospitals, lack of fundings in education, bribing people for votes (*letting some of the people who escaped the war from their country to be up on the top list for government housing, while those who have been waiting years to find a better public housing home, delayed and put a further strain to their lives, getting extra funds from centrelink, using tax payers money, while the state goverment don't give a damn about people who enter into our state that came from 3rd world countries etc) While other states are progressing, growing and making the economy stronger, our state struggles to be on top, we're falling backwards. Lemon is as bad as Carr, but i'd rather have Carr being our state leader.

Scanorama

HSC
For state government, I will vote Labor. Not that I am a big fan of the Iemma government but I doubt Debnam can do any better. He doesn't even have a clue on how to fix up the current problems.

Federal election is another story.

ice_wind

HSC
man i agree with hotshot, NSW is shit, i mean srsly, we pay more in GST than we receive, plus the govt spends an awfully lot on advertising about its achievements instead of actually going out there to fix it up, but to be fair, the coalition isnt that great either...ripe for communist revolution i say!!!

anyways, i'd go to Vic man, at least they still got water there!

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
labour doesnt really care about bankstown

its as safe as houses atm- they put this guy here as a life time job and he doesnt do anything- has teaching qualifications, no posts, no nothin mate

we're gonna vote labor no matter what and thats the problem

being in a safe seat- uy have no bargaining position

at the moment i have no choice in who i vote no one can match up to labor so im gonna vote for them and tell my mates to vote them too and when the time comes ill run as an independant

and there'll be a big swing and labor feels the heat put on and they'll do something for a change

even if i lose the election, bankstown still wins

lets end racism, youth marginalisation, disenfri... ah lost it, anyways better security at schools, better schools!

bankstown's own schools have gone down for the last 10 years in producing docs and lawyers etc- we had a few from the old punchbowl boys graduates (2 docs) come over for careers day- the next day my principle made a joke about that school "they dont even produce football players"

unbelieveable- i hope no labor members are reading this (coz its meant to be a secret shhhhhh) ROFL!

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
bribing people for votes (*letting some of the people who escaped the war from their country to be up on the top list for government housing, while those who have been waiting years to find a better public housing home, delayed and put a further strain to their lives, getting extra funds from centrelink
no those people would have voted labor anyway- it was the liberals who politicised that event to sturr racist comments on talkback

i was talking to libs at UTS during the eclection week (uts board) (guy+girl from the lib party) i asked them about debnam-
they knew i wasnt white ( im singaporean)

they thought he was a bit weird and didnt agree with him on what he said in recent times about the lebs who couldnt read and stuff- it was funny coz when i asked them that question they were hesitant to talk but then blurbed out all these frustrations about him-

and the girl was saying how shes from this liberal heartland seat- gleneagle was it? something like that - all from the northern beaches

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Musk said:
Sutherland Shire, home to the "nulla riots" is a labour very safe seat strangely...
Not anymore, the two federal divisions of Cook and Hughes which make up the Shire both have over 10% margins, even though they were never Liberal heartlands until recently (ie. Hughes was only won by the Libs in 1996), At state level, Cronulla is the only Liberal seat (obviously) while the other two, Miranda and Heathcote are considered so safe that Labor Unity machine-men fight for preselection. So you're not 100% wrong there anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)