2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generator

HSC
N/A
The State Election will be held on 24 March 2007.

In the spirit of the thread discussing the Federal Election, which party are you likely to support and why?

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
ah that reminds me...i still have to register...there arent any other elections before that are there??

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not for the your area of Sydney, no. The next round of local elections will be in 2008 :).

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Unlike the Federal Election, I'd like to see the Coalition win control of NSW.

This is half due to the Labor Party doing a "bang-up" job in NSW (read: Carr left NSW in a state of disrepair for ten years and Iemma is making a show of fixing it when all we see are delayed completion dates). The other half is I always like opposing parties in power in Federal and State level.

I do doubt that the Coalition will win. Debnam is being very quiet, and we never hear the Coalition's policies. Again, my electorate is a strong Labor seat, and I think the only way my electorate will send a message to Labor is by voting against them, probably by voting Greens or Independent.

I don't think I've voted in State elections before, so do we get to vote for who is in the Legislative Council? If so, it'll be Greens. Voting for a minor party is as said in the Federal Government thread a way to "keep the bastards honest."

volition

arr.
HSC
I'd lean towards liberal for the NSW state election, because I'm not really happy with the way that Iemma and Labor have handled things. Snowy river sell off (I think it should have gone ahead but they've caved in to pressure) and the cross city tunnel hasn't been handled well either with all the backstepping and changes of plans.

Maybe I'm not necessarily going to vote Liberal, but I'm fairly confident that I at least won't be voting Labor in the upcoming election.

gerhard

HSC
the Liberals backed out of selling their share of the snowy scheme, not labor. If Labor just went ahead and sold their portion of it, they would have gotten fuck all for it.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Labor isn't doing a good job at the moment, but I don't see the Liberals doing a better one. My bias could partly be to do with all the rumours I've heard about the role of the Christian right in implementing Debnam as leader and orchestrating Brogden's fall from grace.

I live in a safe Liberal seat, but theres this one dude (Mick Gallagher anyone?) that consistently contests the seat here, he's an Independent. I'll probably vote for him.

HSC
Yeah i heard the rumours about Debnam being supported by Opus Dei actually, not sure how much truths in it though, I'll see if i can find out.

Id vote for Labor at this stage, simply because i think Debnam's a useless prat and Iemma at least has some personality and character.

gerhard

HSC
really, theres no actual difference between the parties in terms of policies.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Generator said:
Not for the your area of Sydney, no. The next round of local elections will be in 2008 :).
oh...u srs...well i guess thats aiite...then...so i dont have to enrol for a while...woot woot...unless i have already enrolled then i guess it dun matter...tnku

Generator

HSC
N/A
gerhard said:
really, theres no actual difference between the parties in terms of policies.
From what they have been saying of late, the only real difference is that the Libs want to strip back the backroom bureuacracy to its bare bones whereas the ALP merely wants to trim it just a tad.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Generator said:
From what they have been saying of late, the only real difference is that the Libs want to strip back the backroom bureuacracy to its bare bones whereas the ALP merely wants to trim it just a tad.
An issue which I support the Libs 100%.

The NSW public service has become an inefficient, allocative nightmare. The problem is that Costa and his men classify highly bureaucratic roles as 'front line' and inadvertently attempt to justify the increases in the service as a whole based on this spin.

We have a situation whereby 'policy officers', 'communications officers' and other similar roles are portrayed to be of aboslute importance and are paid exorbitant amounts of money to do half the work of those people on the 'real' front line. Moreover, we have advisors to these types of roles, advisors to these advisors, advisors to these advisors advisors, and yes, advisors to the advisors of the advisors advisors advisor. Money is thrown in and sucked out by unnecessary roles, ridiculous salaries and incompetence en masse all at the expense of the quality of service delivered; the role of state government.

Spin and the like are all part and parcel of any bureaucracy. However, 10 years after the election of Bob Carr, it has become central to the governance of the state. The government has lost the nerve when it comes to service delivery, and it is for this reason that we need a change to at least observe how it can be done differently. Four more years of state/federal quarreling, bulging bureaucracy and excessive spin will just yield the same results..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I shall be voting Liberal.

This state has been the victim of a decade of incompetance and mismanagement. With Carr gone, and indecisive Premier Dilemma at the helm this has become blantantly obvious to the electorate.

Its time for a change. I'm willing to give somebody new a go.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Not Liberal, never. Debnam makes me sick and even though Iemma isn't my favourite at least he's clearing up the mess Bob Carr left pretty OK-ish, his ads shit me though.

philly17

Yeah liberal all the way Labor has stuffed nsw up in so many areas. Its about time we had a change for the better! Liberals are pushing good strong candiates and its about time they got their go in nsw!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Assuming LDP get on the ticket in NSW for the LC I'll vote LDP, Libs, Nats, Dems, Greens (they're far left but at least they're upfront about it and have some decent social policy, unlike Labor), Labor, CDP.

Last edited:

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
i really dont know. all parties arent in my goodbook. Iemma is bad enough and I'll be eligable to vote next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)