2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

SyCoTiC

HSC
brogan77 said:
You're a fucking jagtard. Largely because of Finch? Yeah because Brad Fittler totally did not retire at the end of 2004. Then Finch kept playing with the roosters 2005 and 2006...oh fucking look, missed the finals both times.

YEAH THAT WAS ALL FINCH AND NOT FITTLER AT ALL.
Absolute fucking sped, you know nothing about league, let alone the roosters.

Lewis has a fucking foot injury and was not dropped. Soward wasn't dropped permanently in 05 he was playing last year for us, in and out of first grade.

Firman was and always will be a shitcunt...he has not achieved at any club he's been at since his majory injury and has continued to be shit after he left the roosters.

we've had three games this season and pearce isn't dropped yet, he's only 17 ffs.

in conclusion, yeah the roosters are a likely spoon choice, but you know jack fucking shit about league and should shut your fucking trap in the future.
Owned.

ROOSTERS FOR THE SPOONNNN!

HSC
brogan77 said:
You're a fucking jagtard. Largely because of Finch? Yeah because Brad Fittler totally did not retire at the end of 2004. Then Finch kept playing with the roosters 2005 and 2006...oh fucking look, missed the finals both times.

Lewis has a fucking foot injury and was not dropped. Soward wasn't dropped permanently in 05 he was playing last year for us, in and out of first grade.

Firman was and always will be a shitcunt...he has not achieved at any club he's been at since his majory injury and has continued to be shit after he left the roosters.

we've had three games this season and pearce isn't dropped yet, he's only 17 ffs.

in conclusion, yeah the roosters are a likely spoon choice, but you know jack fucking shit about league and should shut your fucking trap in the future.
So fucking true. :uhhuh: I was going to write something like that... but that's better than what I would've written.

HSC
brogan77 said:

:) another deranged roosters fan, we may have met, they travel in fucking herds.

calm down, i know you are pissed because your team is going shit, but its okay.:)

one thing i do know is that you are incredibly frustrated. i would hate to be a roosters fan come friday against the broncos.:)

good luck against them...

hey one win can turn it around, stay positive jackass. i never said that it 'was all finch', i said he was integral. fittler, of course he was also important, but so were the other 16 blokes on the field, what i implied was that roosters fans blame finch for their shit form in the past two years.

maybe if he had a fucking foward pack that actually went fucking foward they would have gotten somewhere.

and pearce will be dropped, only a matter of time. the kid will be a great player, but he is too young and has a side that has no confidence or form.

on the plus side, it probably cant get any worse, i hope for your sake it doesnt.

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
Age is not a limit in this game.

Poor performance shouldn't be blamed on how old a player is whether a veteran or a rookie. If you aren't good enough to be chosen for a run-on side in the top rugby league competition in the world then you're not ready and should be dropped.

In saying so, the Roosters' inability to gel and a horrendous run with injuries for the past 2 seasons is a reason why they're having trouble stringing a win together. Rugby League is a team oriented sport and I think they should go back to the basics rather then try to experiment with something which they don't think would work (eg. the one marker policy). They boast one of the best and largest forward packs in the game and that should be enough for a go ahead and get some confidence, have the older leadership group become more vocal and get your basics right because in the end, it's what keeps you in the game for the full 80 minutes. Teams that try to play too much razzle dazzle do not complete sets unless they are bursting with talent (like the Storms and even so, they are playing a structured game with a lot of basics done right). Possession is a team's best friend. The more you defend, the more lacklustre your effort becomes when it's your turn to attempt to score and I think this is where the Roosters are having problems.

So in a nutshell, the Roosters need to:
1. Play the basics of the game.
2. Work combinations with both forwards and backs. In their case, plenty of work for the backs because most of their forwards are very established and recognised players who need their rookies to lift in their support.
3. Stick to the one team that works best for you rather than chopping and changing. An unsettled side will never work in this competition.
4. Back themselves. Grab the chance if you think there is one during a game rather than playing safe, of course do not over-do this because you'll just turn over the ball every so often.
5. Discipline. The team needs to follow the game-plan. Look how successful the Storms were last year playing a structured game and look how good the Tigers were in their premiership season.

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Age is not a limit in this game.

Poor performance shouldn't be blamed on how old a player is whether a veteran or a rookie. If you aren't good enough to be chosen for a run-on side in the top rugby league competition in the world then you're not ready and should be dropped.

In saying so, the Roosters' inability to gel and a horrendous run with injuries for the past 2 seasons is a reason why they're having trouble stringing a win together. Rugby League is a team oriented sport and I think they should go back to the basics rather then try to experiment with something which they don't think would work (eg. the one marker policy). They boast one of the best and largest forward packs in the game and that should be enough for a go ahead and get some confidence, have the older leadership group become more vocal and get your basics right because in the end, it's what keeps you in the game for the full 80 minutes. Teams that try to play too much razzle dazzle do not complete sets unless they are bursting with talent (like the Storms and even so, they are playing a structured game with a lot of basics done right). Possession is a team's best friend. The more you defend, the more lacklustre your effort becomes when it's your turn to attempt to score and I think this is where the Roosters are having problems.

So in a nutshell, the Roosters need to:
1. Play the basics of the game.
2. Work combinations with both forwards and backs. In their case, plenty of work for the backs because most of their forwards are very established and recognised players who need their rookies to lift in their support.
3. Stick to the one team that works best for you rather than chopping and changing. An unsettled side will never work in this competition.
4. Back themselves. Grab the chance if you think there is one during a game rather than playing safe, of course do not over-do this because you'll just turn over the ball every so often.
5. Discipline. The team needs to follow the game-plan. Look how successful the Storms were last year playing a structured game and look how good the Tigers were in their premiership season.
with age comes experience. occasionally there comes a player who is beyond his/her years, they are rare. no doubt, pearce has great ability, furthermore he is the son of a rugby league great. however, pearce is placed where he is because he has too. other options, e.g soward, lewis have not worked, therefore he has been put there before his time. anasta is not at his best, wing and minichello are also below best form, more pressure will now be placed upon him. even worse minichello and co will be selected for origin,adding pressure for a good start to the season to compensate. we dont want to kill these guys, chris lawrence is one player that comes to mind, was still playing for st gregs when he made his debut, he aint dead but will he get a second chance?

the roosters are similar to the panthers, the last two seasons have been awful, both teams have new coaches, new captains and new styles. penrith had many problems, to a lesser extent injury, their biggest problem was their predictable style of play. we were living in the past, the same 'one off the ruck' tactics, we were overweight and predictable, players like swain, puletua and clinton were no longer as threatening, you could see what would come next. what saved penrith was matt elliott, he has done an unbelievable job. the roosters obviously struggled after fittler, his leadership was sorely missed and it cant be replaced. injury took its toll, origin was also massive, key players in key positions were still been picked, even with their side out of form.

you mention their 'inability to gel', painfully evident even this week as well. soliola back in 1st grade, roberts not named in the starting side. their foward pack is not performing either, last week against manly only fitzgibbon made over 100m. it is the foward pack that must stand up, the halves cannot do it all themselves. this is why many roosters fans blame finch for the bad years, sure blame the nsw halfback it is all his fault, the fowards didnt go foward, he was good at origin level, why? because the fowards laid the platform. 21 handling errors also supports what you say, its almost cliche, all clubs must do the basics right and have confidence.

we will see come friday against the broncos, a massive chance to get a win, against a side in the exact same position.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Finch is not performing nearly as well as he did in Origin level and I guess you can partly put the blame on the fact that the Roosters forwards aren't playing up to scratch but Finch was not making an outstanding performance during Origin last year. He merely got his face on the front page with that 40m field goal though I do think he played a pivotal role in the Blues' first game win.

Though I must say, the key halves roles are magnified due to their influence on a team's performance and perhaps that is why the Roosters are lacking their usual best. Key positions in the 1, 6, 7 and 9 have not been established properly apart from Minichiello in the 1 and that is where they are struggling due to a tonne of retirements and players leaving for other teams. The Roosters aren't playing a predictable game, they are playing a flawed game filled with errors, simply put they can't hold onto the ball and this in turn can put pressure on them in various situations. They look to be a team without purpose or drive because players have no clue what their role is on the team and that can only be fixed with time as they play together more often. The Roosters were barely affected last year from Origin yet they still couldn't perform and that brings forth my argument about structure. Not being able to play at a disciplined level which the Roosters have shown for the past 3 rounds is the result of players moving out of their respective positions and this causes confusion.

One thing that sets aside the Broncos from the Roosters (and I'm not trying to sound one-eyed here even though I probably do) is the fact that they have established players in established positions. Shane Perry has very good organisation skills as mundane as he seems at halfback and that takes a giant weight of Lockyer's shoulders allowing for him to coordinate backline attacks which you often see involving decoy runners and a pass to a floating backline player usually in the mould of Hunt who is then able to create that second overlap to a winger. That is what you call structure. The Broncos aren't in the exact same position though it may seem on the ladder with both teams on 3 losses but Wayne Bennett if you haven't noticed has been tinkering with the lineup by reshuffling players out of position (eg. Hodges at fullback, Hunt at halfback, Perry at Hooker, Tate in the Centres, Eastwood at Lock) to see how the team performs with each structure and it seems that last week is the lineup that seems to work best even though they lost the game. At best the Roosters have a 50/50 chance depending on the Broncos team that shows up on Friday Night but just on paper, the Broncos have a lot more experience and structure which I don't think the Roosters can match. Wayne Bennett has done his homework as well, naming one of the lighest Broncos benches I've ever seen with Ennis, Lacey and Kenny taking 3 of the 4 spots on the bench and they will surely wreak havoc around the ruck which was exposed by the Rabbitohs in the first round as you saw.

Close game if both teams are on their game and play with discipline but I can't see the Roosters winning it.

Roosters need to stick with a structure if they are any chance of making the finals this year.

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
what's with the massive essays? i could not even be bothered to read past the first paragraph.

i reckon a team is only truly great when they can develop their local juniors into star players and win the comp with them. not having to buy players from all over the tasman (like the rabbitohs). i mean sure you can get a couple here and there, but when the majority of your team is from somewhere else you've got a problem with your juniors.

the roosters were like that at one stage, but ever since fitler left, they had to get players from all over the comp trying to build a new team every season.

HSC
the roosters were like that at one stage, but ever since fitler left, they had to get players from all over the comp trying to build a new team every season.
Hahahaha rubbish. Roosters never develop their own juniors. They have always had to buy players from elsewhere, they're well known for it. Their junior teams always suck. Just to clarify that point.

But what they DID do was develop a winning team over time and they made it to three GF's in a row a few years back. Although they lost SO many players after Fittler left and haven't adaquately replaced them which is why they suck so much now.

HSC
wuddie said:
what's with the massive essays? i could not even be bothered to read past the first paragraph.

i reckon a team is only truly great when they can develop their local juniors into star players and win the comp with them. not having to buy players from all over the tasman (like the rabbitohs). i mean sure you can get a couple here and there, but when the majority of your team is from somewhere else you've got a problem with your juniors.

local juniors are not always the answer. penrith have and always will have a great benefit, they have the largest junior league in the world for rugby league hence our side is filled with local juniors. now as much as i hate seeing the roosters poach oher players, such as fittler himself, it is understandable. that is because the roosters have a mcuh smaller junior league than other sides. it is bound to happen, parramatta also have this problem with many of their juniors going to other clibs.

canberra won three premierships (87,90,91) with 6 or 7 internationals. daley, belcher, lazurus, meniga, clyde, walters and stuart, none of these were local juniors. does that mean that this side was not 'truly great'.

'the roosters were like that at one stage', when? they have a history of been active in the player market

SyCoTiC

HSC
watatank said:
Speaking of structure you could use with a few more paragraphs.
Oh shut up. =P I tried to chop it down but that's as far as I got and then I just couldn't be bothered to turn into something well structured BUT it isn't a game of rugby league. ;)

davo_

good kid
HSC
extraordinary07 said:
local juniors are not always the answer. penrith have and always will have a great benefit, they have the largest junior league in the world for rugby league hence our side is filled with local juniors. now as much as i hate seeing the roosters poach oher players, such as fittler himself, it is understandable. that is because the roosters have a mcuh smaller junior league than other sides. it is bound to happen, parramatta also have this problem with many of their juniors going to other clibs.

canberra won three premierships (87,90,91) with 6 or 7 internationals. daley, belcher, lazurus, meniga, clyde, walters and stuart, none of these were local juniors. does that mean that this side was not 'truly great'.

'the roosters were like that at one stage', when? they have a history of been active in the player market
Actually a number of those players were local juniors for the raiders, stuart and daley. I know that's despite the point but I just thought I'd put that in being a raiders supporter. Raiders look as though perhaps they may be on the verge of something with the juniors they have at the moment, but maybe I'm jumping the gun after the great game the other night. Sorry get back to the rooster bashing.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Broncos 32 - 10 Roosters.

My structure and basics theory justified. Roosters played with purpose and structure but fell off due to lack of their ability to hold possession as well as not give away silly penalties. They sure as hell looked good with the ball for a while though.

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Oh shut up. =P I tried to chop it down but that's as far as I got and then I just couldn't be bothered to turn into something well structured BUT it isn't a game of rugby league. ;)
No, its not a game of rugby league but itd make it a helluva lot easier to read. ;)

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Broncos 32 - 10 Roosters.

My structure and basics theory justified. Roosters played with purpose and structure but fell off due to lack of their ability to hold possession as well as not give away silly penalties. They sure as hell looked good with the ball for a while though.
well i dont disagree. all teams should follow this basic stuff. i place more emphasis on the fowards though. they were better this week but need to do more. anasta looked alot better as well made some good metres.

rabbits were sloppy. not one foward made 100m. good to see the bulldogs back in form i like their style.

HSC
Newcastle :( Joey :(

Far out man, seriously Newcastle needs to do something! Cant stay losing!!!

LOL Wheres that "Up the Rabbits" girl/guy?

HSC
If only I knew that Finch wasn't playing this week before I tipped Raiders; if I knew Finch wasn't playing, I would've definitely tipped Parra!

Oh, and in my eyes, Parramatta won because Finch wasn't playing. :eek:

Let's hope that next week the Roosters can win 38-6 against the Raiders too. :rolleyes:

Did anyone watch the Parra vs Raiders game? (I was watching the Tigers vs Cowboys game) If so, how did Raiders lose it? (in otherwords what do the Roosters have to do to beat them?)

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
If only I knew that Finch wasn't playing this week before I tipped Raiders; if I knew Finch wasn't playing, I would've definitely tipped Parra!

Oh, and in my eyes, Parramatta won because Finch wasn't playing. :eek:

Let's hope that next week the Roosters can win 38-6 against the Raiders too. :rolleyes:

Did anyone watch the Parra vs Raiders game? (I was watching the Tigers vs Cowboys game) If so, how did Raiders lose it? (in otherwords what do the Roosters have to do to beat them?)
they played terrible. fell away late

drop the finch crap. he is out of position and you just hate him because the roosters have been terrible for the last two yrs. are you gonna blame anasta, he was your best against the broncos.

dont crucify him. too many already have.

if the roosters hold the bloody ball they will rape them!

HSC
Anasta is out of position. Last season he was extremely disappointing, and lived up to his "Most Over-rated Player" label, but this year he's been great.
He should be Lock.

So to win, the Roosters have to hold onto the ball??

Damn. :( + :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)