2006 IPT Exam Debriefing (1 Viewer)

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
So what did you think ??

One question that tackled Processes !!!!
seemed a weird exam

Care to share your MC answers ??

joshay

HSC
Pilgrim said:
the easiest test of all of them.

mostly just common sense shit.
def a good exam, haha i wonder what 'common sense shit' will get u as a mark...?

justinchan

HSC
1b 2c 3d 4d 5d 6a 7c 8a 9d 10b 11c 12b 13b 14c 15a 16b 17a 18d 19b 20a
19 wasnt worded very well...

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed on the difficulty thing. All those CSSA and Independant papers almost made be forget how easy the BOS ones are. I should have gone over VR though, I totally skipped that. :(

Pilgrim

HSC
joshay said:
def a good exam, haha i wonder what 'common sense shit' will get u as a mark...?
I wonder where your spelling will get you in LIFE.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
DekarTyphon said:
All those CSSA and Independant papers almost made be forget how easy the BOS ones are.
Heh, I know. I was totally freaked out when I was going through the Independent prelim exams in previous years in preparation for my yearlies, thinking, "I need to know ALL this??" XD

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
Tell me about it. Very glad that TPS/OAS/MIS etc. didn't show up though, because I had no clue when it came to that. Also luckily they didn't ask us to draw a system flowchart. I knew it was going to be in the test somewhere, but good thing was it was in the multiple choice.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL i wonder how ppl who found it easy will go. I remember in my year (look at the Exam Thoughts 2005 IPT) a lot of people found it easy but I didn't find it that easy.

DekarTyphon

HSC
Uni Grad
In that case it was the hardest test I ever did oh god make it stop.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL i wonder how ppl who found it easy will go. I remember in my year (look at the Exam Thoughts 2005 IPT) a lot of people found it easy but I didn't find it that easy.
have you seen the exam ?

F

fnergance

omg that exam didnt even need study for you to pass it. It was so god damn easy and alot of common sense, and it showed in my mark! 96 =D

G

gaoOO

fnergance said:
omg that exam didnt even need study for you to pass it. It was so god damn easy and alot of common sense, and it showed in my mark! 96 =D
it was the worst test written ever. Not a skills test, which it should have been, but a bullshitting test that gave everyone good marks and then allowed it to scale like crap coz EVERYONE did so well. :mad1: you didn't need to know anything, it was just "bluff your way through"

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
fnergance said:
am curious fnergance - your info says you get your HSC in 2008 but you say you got 96 for this HSC exam

1. you ranked 1st in your class/school for IPT ?
2. you are at a private or selective high school ?
3. you also, let me guess, do Physics/ Chem and 3Unit or maybe even 4 unit Maths ?

meowmaine

HSC
i'm curious as to wtf the examiners were thinking. and whether or not they'd ever seen the syllabus before.

seriously, suspicious email! so difficult! where in the syllabus does it say that students must learn to be half literate, to the extent where they can spot typing mistakes in suspcious emails. ?

ohwell

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
it's pretty easy really... you could have said anything common sense, and provided you backed up what you said with a reason and explaination you could have easily got the marks.

meowmaine

HSC
wm_abusef said:
it's pretty easy really... you could have said anything common sense, and provided you backed up what you said with a reason and explaination you could have easily got the marks.
which is kind of why i am upset.

given that what you said is true the scaling will most likely be horrible, as it was just a common sense year 9 computer studies test.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
I'm actually quite surprised that the top mark in the state was 99, considering that in previous years IPT hasn't had as many marks in the top of the highest band. This year at least the top three in IPT got 99.

I agree with what you say, yet, I think a lot of people fell into that trap unfortunately :( and thus made the test slightly harder because it was "too" dumbed down. Hence scaling may have even been in your favour ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)