2006 Ag Students (1 Viewer)

blistk

HSC
veesbanh said:
Wow... Lots of people here go to Hurlstone! Well, I have been offered a place to study at Hurlstone in yr 11/12 [starting next yr] and well the teacher told me that ALL new students would have to do agriculture in both prelim and HSC year. This turned me off going to Hurlstone because I only wanted to do agriculture in prelim year and drop it in yr 12 but I'm not allowed. I have nothing against agriculture, sounds like fun but I just don't want to drop my exts or [one of my subjects] physics, chem and economics and 14 units is too much for me in yr12.

To people who are either studying agriculture now or in the past... would it be worth dropping my other subjects for agriculture, in your opinion?
hi noi.

you shouldve done ipt :(

cowgurlnicky101

HSC
hey guys,
readin through and couldnt help but have my 2 cents worth of say here. My school's yr 12 Ag class attended the Sydney Kings School Ag seminar earlyier this year, there were some James Ruse kids there and one dude asked some really whack questions. But the only thing i want to know, is that if all those city kids could recite the fuckin text books word for word and get 100% in the HSC, but have they ever seen a REAL cow, ridden a horse, went out in the pooring rain and mud to pull a sheep out of the mud and water during downpoors to save the poor things life, have they ever driven a tractor, blown things up, gone swimming in dams or even cut down a tree or shorn a sheep????????????????????????. seriously i would like to see the HSC have a marking system where 50% was theory and 50% practicle...... i know that may not be fair to all the city kids that dont have farms at their schools but seriously that is what i would like to see!!!!

lookin forward to replies to this!!!!!!

cowgurlnicky101

HSC
girlie, look i wouldnt advise taking up ag this late in the year, the work load isnt really big, well at our school we have a farm so we do get to do hands on learning aswell, but the further into the course you get the harder and more complicated the work gets and the work load increases dramatially!!
wouldnt advise it but if you wanted to change with in the first 6 weeks of year 11 i'd do it.......... catch ya later

CrAzY bEaNs

HSC
Hey is there anyone who went to the 2007 Senior Ag Camp In Sydney this yr? it was pretty good. just thought id see if there was ne 1 who went, a few of us went from St Pauls in Walla Walla (its near Albury)
Bye !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)