2004 Yr12 Formal (1 Viewer)

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I had my dress made when I was in Manila, its sooo good because the make everything to fit perfectly, none of this too big too small business.

Callistogenic

HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
I had my dress made when I was in Manila, its sooo good because the make everything to fit perfectly, none of this too big too small business.
Yeah, funny that. My mother was a part-time dress maker for a while in Manila (during her younger days.) Even now she still lectures both me and my dad over things needing to be 'precisely' and 'perfectly' in place. :p. Guess that rubbed off from that.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Mine's at a race course, on the 3rd of Dec, which is worrying, because for schoolies we're going away for two weeks prior to that and I'll probably still have a hangover when I turn up at the formal.. and plus, any dress shopping I want to do will have to be done in the 3 days before hand...

Callistogenic

HSC
I promised myself this time I'd go out with distinction... NOT with a hangover. So I guess its all cream-white-dressy for me. Haven't decided yet as to what yet, but I AM thinking about it...

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by steph@nie
and plus, any dress shopping I want to do will have to be done in the 3 days before hand...
One of my mates bought her formal dress the day before the formal. She finished her hsc like four days before, and we had three 18ths between the end of the HSC and our formal. Lol! Another girl in our year bought her dress on the day of the formal, but that's coz she was anorexic, and wanted to make sure that her dress would fit her after she lost even more wieght between the end of the hsc and the formal. *rolls eyes*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hey persephone where in leichhardt are you having your formal? mancinis?

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by baby_b
ahh im ova all that big huge dress thing...

i wana go simple...

might be going to the formal solo.. i think a suit will go down well? :) stuff dresses
Must of my school are wearing suits instead!!!!

^___ShabS___^

we had our year 10 formal in crown plaza hotel parra....

and we're having our year 12 in La Montage hotel ...in liechart (if thats how u spell it...)... im in a girls hs so yes we can bring partners but im not takin anyone.....got no one..and HELL NO if my parents came i wouldn't go.....NO WAY!!!

CANT WAIT.... when im happy with how i went in my hsc then i'll be shopping like crazy..... i only have like less than 2 weeks to look for a dress... after hsc....

DOES anyone know a good place that has nice (not too expensive) UNIQUE dresses............?????????????????

To get rich never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth.

Last edited:

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
in year 11 this year. but i will definently be going to my year 12 formal. i didnt go to my year 10 formal but promised i would in year 12. if you like a lot of designer dresses, you could alays go to westfields in bondi. apparently theres a store there that sells dresses or clothes similar to that of designers such as collette dinnigan etc.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
@CaR..

really? I heard the grand opening was a couple of months ago..
oh well, it should be finished by the end of the year or next year

HSC
curious.....

how much is everyone's dress/suit costing them..? if you haven't bought yet, how much are you prepared to spend..?

and is hiring worth it?

Callistogenic

HSC
Originally posted by whiterabbit
curious.....

how much is everyone's dress/suit costing them..? if you haven't bought yet, how much are you prepared to spend..?

and is hiring worth it?
I remember spending around $400 on the suit itself, with about an extra $100 for the shirt, tie and the 'other' bits that seem to always get added at the last moment. :p.

Hiring is fine, as long as you get in early. The suits are well-cared for, and you will certinaly get your money's worth.

HSC
Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
omg $1100? that's heaps..
yeh my bro's friend spent over $1000 on the suit alone for his formal... it happens.
yeah... but guys can wear their suits again... for girls (unless you get a cocktail dress or something) you'll probably never wear the damn thing again...

Originally posted by SpoRTsGaL
i don't wanna spend that much.... i am putting a MAXIMUM $250 for dress or suit (ladies) or whatever i am going to wear.. then i am gonna spend about $50+ on hair... $40 on nails.... other stuff will cost some more...
i think maximum I'll spend is $400...i don't think i am even gonna hire a nice car... there's no point.
omg... so much! i was thinking more along the lines of no more than $100 for dress... it seems like a huge amount of money when you think about it... and i'm going overseas so i gotta save... ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)