• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2004 hsc ppl - what uni are u planning 2 goto? (1 Viewer)

which uni u plannin 2 go 2?

• UNSW

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • USYD

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • CLUB MAC

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • OTHER - STATE.

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
Ahem, nobody plans to go to UWS, they just end up there due to poor marks
The fact that I have been to both Usyd and UWS, as well as the fact that I know people who go to both. Btw I am not dissing ppl who go there, I am saying that the facilities at Usyd or UNSW are better
And you're expecting 95+ in your UAI, you can't even convey what you are meaning to say without having to make another post explaining it. That or you know you're wrong and you are just redirecting you're argument because you know that first point was just utterly utterly stupid. Just remember that 95+ is harder than you think, because english is essential, so is creating a solid and well rounded argument... might want to work on that.

So you've been to UWS, so you did a round trip of all the campuses during your week or are you solely basing it all on one campus of a multi-campus university? Thats like saying RMIT sucks because their Vietnam campus lacks facilities...

santaslayer

HSC
The fact that I have been to both Usyd and UWS, as well as the fact that I know people who go to both. Btw I am not dissing ppl who go there, I am saying that the facilities at Usyd or UNSW are better
Thats bullshit. you ARE dissing people that go to UWS! Your first post did not say anything about facilities. You simply stated that people who have 'poor marks' end up there. Now you ma go neck yourself. :)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
I cant speak for most of you people but I know that for me and all my friends that if we can do any course any where, theres no way we'll goto UWS -

But I did do the (RET)STAT test for UWS cause its still a decent uni after all the major ones!!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
There was no way I was going to go to UNSW, USYD or MQ. I wasn't travelling that far to go to uni even though I did get the marks to get into courses I was interested in.

UWS was my second preference after UOW (Yes Calculon, they are different universities :p ) and it's everyones right to have a preference to which university they would like to go to, hence it being called 'preferences'. But to say that UWS is only for the leftovers who didn't make into anywhere else, you really make yourself seem uneducated and a sucker for the whole prestigious importance belief that uni's decide if you're a better graduate. The last time I checked, it was upto the student to prove how good they were.

Ribbon

Originally posted by Panda Bear
Calculon is turning into a Keypad MOFO
ROTFLMFAO!! Thats so fkn classic!

On a serious note: Calculon if I was you i'd shutup or eat humble pie cos your making yourself look like more of a noob with every post...

santaslayer

HSC
Yea, since when did unis dictate someones life and career direction?.....i thought it was up to the individual?

HSC
N/A
To dislike UWS is one thing...everyone has rights to their own opinion....but saying people only end up at UWS because of bad marks is just a personal attack on the people who go there!! Some of the courses at UWS have higher cutoffs than those at other unis you know!

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
ur stupid man. ur only in yr 12 n u think u know more than we do bout our own uni. and that crap u went on bout facilities is bs coz the only reason u started mentioning facilities coz u were up shit creek and u needed some lame reason for dissing uws ppl by practically saying "dumb ppl go to uws". u stupid mofo

there has been many ppl who dis my uni n those ppl just made fools of themselves.

and for ur information "calculon boy genius", UWS was my one and only preference, and now im working as an external auditor at the 6th largest chartered accounting firm in the world. there goes ur idea bout how employers consider what uni u go to rather than grades.

so shut ur stupid mouth, say ur sorry, not for dissin UWS students, but for being a tool.

say "im sorry everyone for being a tool"

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
u guys keep quoting the same 3 or so posts he has made and managed to create a thread thats 4 pages long. Get over it.

edit: 5 with mine.

sybarite

hi everyone
this hasn't been one of my first visits to this forum but while reading this thread I knew i just had to sign up to reply.
firstly...this is just my opinion so I hope people don't disect my words and make it into a 4 or 5 page long thread =P.
I know that Calculon's comment about UWS was obviously insulting to many people, but I think people have to accept that it is a common assumption made by alot of people who haven't been better informed. And just so i don't get flamed for technicalities, I will admit that I was one of them.
I am in year 11, and I know that if given the choice, most of my year would choose to go to UNSW or USyd over UWS...but only because we assume that they are the best. Thinking about it now, i'm not quite sure why we have developed this feeling but there it is. After reading this thread, I have changed my assumption and while I would still personally rather go to USyd I accept and acknowledge that other talented people would make UWS their first choices, for whatever reason.
The thing that really got to me in this thread was all the flaming of Calculon's post. He made an ignorant comment yes...but isn't the point of this forum to *inform* and *educate* be *accepting* of other people and to *help* them? Maybe if people had pointed out the points made above instead of shoving them in his face (behind an insult), he would have realised the error of his ways.
I know that their are good people here (I've lurked for about a week) but this thread is just really unwelcoming and I don't know...I think its unfair to gang up on Calculon because of one comment. I'm sure there are things that everyone regrets and would like to take back and it is extremely unfair to be so mean and petty about someone's ignorance. I'm assuming that Calculon is at the top of a good school, (as he expects a 95+ UAI) and has probably always been told and encouraged to go to UNSW, UTS or whatever. Maybe he shouldn't have said what he did but I just don't think he deserved what he got.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Check down the bottom of the main page, were both logged on atm

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sybarite
lol....yes i'm a year 12 boy parading as a girl to save my reputation....
errhh...didn't you say you were in yr 11??
and its ironic how the first post you make is to back up calculon! lol!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)