2004 Half-Yearlies: How are they going/will be going/have went? (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Salut tout le monde,

Had cont. 1/2 yearly today. oral :argue: and written. It wasn't too bad. One of the written questions was again another email to reply to with the little things to mention, write or respond about... Fun... Listening mmmm. Reading mmmmm again.....

Well, has everyone (Y12 at least) had theirs yet? How was everyone else's if yeah? How do they do your oral, do they tape it as well etc?

Chpas :D

malkin86

HSC
I'm having my listening/reading/writing next week, and an oral looming sometime next term.

Our teacher has been giving us past papers for the Z-tests, and more recently for the HSC.
I find the writing to be really difficult for the HSC papers - it's all about the HSC, (can't we forget about it for one writing task?) and it has to be analytical too. :eek:

C'est la vie

I hope they went Chepas!

I have mine second week back next term. Stress-central, I can tell. It's kinda bad, because it means these holidays aren't holidays at all. In fact, we have to go to school for at least 3 days to study...lol, 'study'.

I have a french reading/responding assessment this week on 'le travail'...and next week I have one for extension. How un-fun.

Anyway, crazy weekend. So much to do, so little time. Best be off!!

Bisoux!!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Argh! Half yearly French exam next Wednesday... Eeek.

The oral exam is the one that freaks me out the most. I hate that damn tape recorder. UGH. Sooooo intimidating.

Marie-Paule

hehe hope ur exam went well we got our reading and writing on thursday and we had our speaking last friday so it was all good. hope the reading and writing is ok

blam_babe

Originally posted by Hippy La-Laa
The oral exam is the one that freaks me out the most. I hate that damn tape recorder. UGH. Sooooo intimidating.
Want to kill tape recorder..... I hate it so much. It's terrifying. If only it wansn't there. Could they hide it under the desk or something??? Please???

My french exam is next term 1st week back. Hurrah. I have to do speaking a day before the exams start coz they made the oral clash with another subject. How gay is that.

chepas

HSC
Hallelujah for exam time tabling....!

Re: taperecorder for oral - I know! It's so disconcerting, especially when the teacher who examined me asked me 'can you please speak into the microphone?' - That really made for natural conversation. Twas alright tho.

Sammy_b

HSC
Is it just me, or are oral exams by far the worst of all exams in LOTE? (I do French and German so I get a double dose.)
I've got my French half yearly (only reading and writing) and I've barely studied, but I'm not stressed. What's with that? I think cos unlike the speaking, u can use dictionaries!!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
I had all of my french exams last week. The readin and listening i went well in, it's the only bit i'm actually good at. i'm not sure about the writing marks yet, though a word of advice, look at the weighting of each task!!! i spent a lot of time on one of my writing tasks before learning that it was only worth 6, and then ran out of time for the next one which was worth 9! not good...

As far as speaking, we were supposed to be taped, but it didn't end up happening. I would have liked it to be taped for the sake of experience and also to listen to later to pick up on all of my mistakes. I did poorly as i really screwed up tenses, which i still have not managed to learn properly. She said that as far as fluency and communicating ideas went, i'd imporved out of sight but because of the tenses i got a pretty crap mark.

So good luck to all of you who are yet to have your exams, don't stress out about the tapes and just remember that no matter how bad you go, there will always be some one worse in the state, quite probably me! (not being negative or anything...)

a bientot et bonne chance tout le monde!

Stargal

OMG! I had my exam today. 3 hrs! sooo long, but i guess i gotta get used to exams being that long. Writing is the worst, for some reason i keep trying to memorise prepared answers, but i never get a question in the exam where i can actually use it! lol My speaking is next wk *sigh

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Sammy_b
Is it just me, or are oral exams by far the worst of all exams in LOTE? (I do French and German so I get a double dose.)
I've got my French half yearly (only reading and writing) and I've barely studied, but I'm not stressed. What's with that? I think cos unlike the speaking, u can use dictionaries!!
Hurray! Another soul who does French and German. Are you continuerer or beginnerer? I can't use dictionaries for my beginners.. argh. Dictionaries saved my butt in French though. I never remember genders and exotic verb conjugations.

Originally posted by Stargal
OMG! I had my exam today. 3 hrs! sooo long, but i guess i gotta get used to exams being that long. Writing is the worst, for some reason i keep trying to memorise prepared answers, but i never get a question in the exam where i can actually use it! lol
Yeh, though depending what we have to answer for reading/responding the writing part - an email is always the best to get cos they just give you everything you need to write about in the email, its just a question/answer thing which is comparatively simple (compared to a dialogue or a letter to some newspaper complaining about the ozone layer!). I prayed for an email for that section and, Dieu soit bni, they gave us an email!

German written tomorrow for me. Yaaaay!

What did everyone go on about in the oral, if you've had it? What do you steer the convo to, hehe ?

Bonne chance tous!
Chpas :D

pennielane

oral went okay, the teachers say they have marked it..but want to relisten to them..its hard to say how well it went though....
for preparing....i prepared about 5 or so in depth things about different kind of things...like...i just moved so i told them all about my new house and where i live and advantages and how different it is...and how i had to quit my job...but how i looked for a new job...and how it was heaps more convenient etc...and so i rambled on for ages about that..and because i had thought it all through i didnt have to worry about any tricky on the spot verb conjugating...
and i also talked about my subjects and how textiles is the best and then told them all about my design concept..and then dug myself a hole because i didnt know how to say harsh or spiky or pins....
but basically...i find that if you prepare alot about just a few things you can almost always find a way to work them into the convo and just regurgitate everything u prepared...
anyway...well see how it turned out. my teacher tells us she wants us to listen to everyones and i cannot stand hearing myself on tape! so bleh.

Sammy_b

HSC
Originally posted by chepas
Hurray! Another soul who does French and German. Are you continuerer or beginnerer? I can't use dictionaries for my beginners.. argh. Dictionaries saved my butt in French though. I never remember genders and exotic verb conjugations.

Continuers for both. I noticed in your profile that u do french ext. Are you a native or have a native parent? I think I'd spend my whole time simply doing french hw if i did ext.

chepas

HSC
Brave person! The mum is the native for German, though she left when she was two to migrate here, so it's mainly from the grandparents - until they sort of died. Whatever I had of german also faded away so I thought I should do beg.

Extension is so much better if one thinks of it as a completely sep subject cos it's so much work that has really nothing to do with continuers. Though sometimes I'm clawing my eyes out trying to keep up with the work, tis easy to breathe, hehe :)
Originally posted by pennielane
and i also talked about my subjects and how textiles is the best and then told them all about my design concept..and then dug myself a hole because i didnt know how to say harsh or spiky or pins.....
yeh. I had a coronary when I did that last year in an exam. I talked into territory full of mines and died. Tis always a good feeling, when you're heart sinks five octaves. Always good though :)

Sammy_b

HSC
I had to read a feature article and then pretend I was the director of "The Return of the King" and write his Oscars acceptance speech! i think it went ok (cos i ended up having an hour to do it) but still, can anyone beat that as far as icky exam tasks go?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Ugh. How horrible Sammy_b.

Nah, my teacher gave me the 2002 HSC paper. How imaginative... I went alright though. It wasn't too difficult. Took me the full two hours to complete it- Reading/Writing.

Speaking/Listening tomorrow. ARGH!

chepas

HSC
Yeh, thats the thing. The time! Who only just scrapes through? I had about only 1 or 2 minutes to check all through it again. It's definately the most nail-biting in terms of time. Apart from English.... heh.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Yeah, I reckon English is always worse. I'm always half way through my final sentence when they say "pen's down". SO frustrating.

C'est la vie

Je suis d'accord avec vous! Mais cette fois, j'ai trouve que j'ai eu assez de temps pour faire l'examen. Mais, tu sais quoi? Parce que mon bras est dans la platre, je dois utiliser l'ordinateur pour faire tout. Et pour le francais, apres, je dois mettre tout les accents! C'etait bizarre, ca!

Ce qui compte avant tout, est la fait que ils sont finir. J'espere que tout le monde sont bien! A plus, mes amis!

Katie xoxo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)