2001 HSC paper (1 Viewer)

shanks27

HSC
in the 2001 HSC paper for quanta to quarks there are these questions
c) describe how you carried out a first hand investigation to determine the pentrating power of alpha, beta and gamma radiation to a range of matierals

and

e) anaylse how chadwicks and fermi's work resulted in a greater understanding of the atom?

are these in our current syllabus?, as far as i can tell the prac definitly isnt and i am pretty sure that chadwick and fermi are in the syllubus but the "anaylse how they resulted in a greater understanding of the atom" isn't.

as these changes since 2001, like how van allen belts were removed and the solar cell DP was changed?

thanks

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
dont know

but chadwick and fermi's uestion thing may not be a dotpoint but come on u should be able to do that if u understand what they did

shanks27

HSC
yeh i was able to answer it easily its not that hard a question, was jst wandering because our teacher got use to right an 8 marker for it before, but then commented it wasn't needed as it wasn't in the DP so was just wondering whether we actually need to know it or not

helper

HSC
N/A
Yes it is in the syllabus still. This is what they call a PFA question, which is seeing how you can apply your knowledge to society, science etc.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
shanks27 said:
c) describe how you carried out a first hand investigation to determine the pentrating power of alpha, beta and gamma radiation to a range of matierals
I did this in Year 11 as one of my last pracs in 'The Cosmic Engine' module, I thought prelim wasn't examinable in the HSC?

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
this 'type' of question came up in 2008 HSC.
so u better know it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)