2 quick fire questions (1 Viewer)

mrpotatoed

HSC
1) Blue or black pen? I know black is allowed but is blue permitted?

2) How is '&' seen by the markers? Do they not like it, or perhaps see it as lazy?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
1) yes blue is permitted but papers are scanned in so black would be better
2) just write 'and' lol

mrpotatoed

HSC
I've been using & since primary school, its a force of habit (I would have to make a conscious effort not to do it) and does save me a few seconds!

Flop21

HSC
Stopped using '&' ~year 8 because I was told not to. Kind of got forced in my brain since they marked me and others down if you used '&'. It's not proper writing, so don't use it. I mean, it's a symbol, and you wouldn't use other symbols or abbreviations in an English essay, so why would you use the ampersand.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
& is not a sophisticated response and i wont give 20/20 with a symbol in a formal essay . Blue or black okay.

pencil is not allowed

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
& is not a sophisticated response and i wont give 20/20 with a symbol in a formal essay . Blue or black okay.

pencil is not allowed
I think it is allowed, but then they scan it so you might risk yourself using it

mkristie

HSC
blue and black are allowed but all my teachers prefer black pen bc it's easier to read once scanned

mrpotatoed

HSC
Also is it ok to have a title for a creative? Is it frowned upon in some respect as it kind of shows you have a prepared creative?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)