2 Extensions? (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
Anyone done both EE1 and MX1 for prelim with 14 units and survived? +good marks... over 90...?

omgshquyen

HSC
N/A
I don't know about 14, but with 12 I think you will manage. As long as you LOVE both of those subjects, you will be fine.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm doing 3 extensions(possibly 4 if the timetable goes my way), so I don't think it would be unmanageable.

Eg155

HSC
tons of people do that every year u retard.
Excuse your vile language. If you plan on speaking english properly omit words that mean something offensive, especially on a forum.
With 14 units, it's not very common; that's why I asked the question -.-

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Excuse your vile language. If you plan on speaking english properly omit words that mean something offensive, especially on a forum.
With 14 units, it's not very common; that's why I asked the question -.-
Don't worry about him, it's Goodwin.

anchor72

HSC
Anyone done both EE1 and MX1 for prelim with 14 units and survived? +good marks... over 90...?
Yeah, I did it. In fact, this time last year I was in the exact spot as you, wondering about whether doing 2 extensions would be too much. I can assure you that if you put in the effort, you'll be fine. But remember: during assessment blocks, you will have 8 assessments whilst everyone else 6 or 7. If you can manage that, you'll do fine.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Also my recommendation, I well and truly recommend 14 units for Yr 11 as it gives you a taste of as much as possible for Yr 12. It gives you greater amount of combinations for course study in Yr 12. However (others may argues with me), I definitely say don't do 14 units for your HSC.

See with hindsight, what I would recommend is putting a roughly equal amount of study into each subject. Attempt not to favour some with the work you put in. Then at the end of yr 11, you can look at your results and see which subjects you perform naturally better in, and compare this whether you like the subject and how it would scale. Because say for example, if you totally neglect one subject, you'll be wondering if your performance will improve greatly in yr 12 with extra time/effort etc. yr 11 is a testing time to get the right mix for yr 12.

Eg155

HSC
Also my recommendation, I well and truly recommend 14 units for Yr 11 as it gives you a taste of as much as possible for Yr 12. It gives you greater amount of combinations for course study in Yr 12. However (others may argues with me), I definitely say don't do 14 units for your HSC.

See with hindsight, what I would recommend is putting a roughly equal amount of study into each subject. Attempt not to favour some with the work you put in. Then at the end of yr 11, you can look at your results and see which subjects you perform naturally better in, and compare this whether you like the subject and how it would scale. Because say for example, if you totally neglect one subject, you'll be wondering if your performance will improve greatly in yr 12 with extra time/effort etc. yr 11 is a testing time to get the right mix for yr 12.
Lol- this is what I was wondering about for MX1. I was recommended Mathematics from my year 10 teacher but my year 9 teacher recommended i try extension because he saw what i can do if i put effort in. No effort year 10-vs- a bit of effort in year 9. I can do maths pretty proficiently with the provision of practice, and lots of it...
Oh well, not turning back now.
Thanks for the help everyone! :) Will leave no regrets- do 14 units and stress through the HSC. What's yr 11& 12 without pain, aye?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Prelim doesn't count so take advantage of that fact and do 14 units! I wish I could do 13 units but yeah, school doesn't allow anymore than 12 units....

Magical Kebab

HSC
I'm guessing it's not really that common with Extension English or Extension History :L
Unfortunately not, Maths is what matters.
But on a serious note, I am in ur position, not exactly sure if choosing 2 extensions was the wisest decision but hey, there is allways room to 'swap things around' in yr 11 so if ur not keeping up, u can allways change. Well, with most schools that's the case.

Pfortune35

HSC
Im doing two, others who have tell me its not too hard, I have already done prelim maths +ex1, if your half good at maths and english youll do fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)