2 Days to go... :D (1 Viewer)

Tha Wishkah

HSC
How much information of the case studies are we expected to write about?

I would say im pretty set for the syllabus. See how we go. <24 hours now.

NLAngel

HSC
How likely is it that they're going to ask a question about financial figures? I'm struggling to remember all the numbers! I hope there isn't any financial ratios etc to do in the extended response!

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
I agree with you. And also in the multiple choice and short answer sections!
Last year in the HSC exam, there weren't too many financial stuff unlike the 2006 exam.......

Maystar

HSC
Absolutezero said:
Is it feasible that they would require a finanical ratio for your business? Because it would be difficult to find information on say, the Inventory turnover ratio, or any for that matter.
They won't specifically require you to use a ratio, it's a matter of you throwing case studies in to show them you know what you're talking about. Given that Section IV is worth 20 marks and they are fairly broad questions, you're going to have plenty of other places to throw in a case study (you don't need to use one for absolutely every point that you make). Don't worry about that - if the question did need something about inventory turnover, for example, you'd use something easier like a JIT inventory system or computer scanning or the nature of what's being sold, or something like that. They won't say, "give an example of an inventory turnover ratio". But ratios may be useful if you have some.

mattmeadows said:
on friday in the area of study section what does it contain like your core texts and a few other comprhension texts

and what is in the mos on monday is that like the henry lawson stuff
any help appreciated
a run down would be great
Er, I think you're in the wrong place.

Tha Wishkah said:
How much information of the case studies are we expected to write about?

I would say im pretty set for the syllabus. See how we go. <24 hours now.
Not a great deal, the main focus is on how well you answer the actual question. Case studies show that you know how to apply the knowledge you are writing about, that you know of real life examples. If, for example, you were talking about polycentric/ethnocentric/geocentric staffing approaches, you might say, "For example, IKEA uses an ethnocentric staffing system because it makes it easier for the business to maintain its culture in all locations across the globe, and ensures clear communication between management in the home and host country." And you'd leave it there until another point came up where you could use an example.

If you wrote a brilliant essay with no case study it is possible to get about 16. So you can see that the case study is not the most important thing, but you do need to refer to at least one here and there.

rushi32

HSC
haha i actually cant wait.. im sooooo over studying now i just wanna do it already, get it over with.. and go to schooolies =)

socialstigma

HSC
just wondering, how likely would it be that the extended response question would be based on the global business management etc topic this year when it was focused on in last years HSC?

jenipoo

HSC
Can someone please explain to me how you link a topic to another in section III and IV?

e.g.
Write a business report to the owners of this business that explains options for funding its expansion into e-commerce and strategies for managing this change to achieve effective employment relations and social responsibility.

So you write about:
a) the sources of funds for funding e-commerce. i.e. retained profits
and
b) do you write about Managing Change Effectively from the Business Mgmt and Change topic? i.e. identifying the need for change, setting achievable goals etc
but how do you link it to effective ER and social responsibiity?

Please help! Thank you!

Alvik

HSC
Managing change -> Creating a culture of change -> Communication systems (in ER) -> Leads to greater understanding between employer and employee -> This can also relate to flexible working conditions as part of the culture
Adopt strategies to reduce resistance -> Use of rewards

Social responsibility -> Quality of working life, E-commerce, Ecological sustainability, Globalisation + cultural diversity and Technology -> This relates to change and how management needs to ensure that the changes are socially responsible -> e.g. Bringing in new practice to minimise discrimination, adopting policies of conservation and recycling, provide training for the new technology etc

That's how I see it anyway

Maystar

HSC
socialstigma said:
just wondering, how likely would it be that the extended response question would be based on the global business management etc topic this year when it was focused on in last years HSC?
I think it's quite unlikely...however, don't take my word for it, and cover everything. They probably won't make that the question, but there's no reason they can't....they've just never done that before (at least not since 2000)

Maystar

HSC
Oh the adrenaline is killing me...you know I'm just going to be a messy blob of goop tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)