• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

11 units or 13? (1 Viewer)

minimalistik

HSC
11 is a bit bad because really you can only not do well in a 1unit subject (i.e. SOR) and not stuff up with the other subjects your doing. 13 is really good but if you cant cope with the workload, drop down to 12. 12 is a nice number to stay with.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I as doing 13 units in year 12 right before the trials.... dont do it to yourself! Its just too much and I ended up having a nervous breakdown because if it... and generally I m a strong person so for me to do that meant that it would have been very difficult.

Seriously 11 units is plenty. I do 11 now and I dont regret it one bit... Ive never looked back since I dropped 2 units

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I can still fcuk up without having to worry heaps.. I guess it depends to... I had 3 majors to handle as well

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
minimalistik said:
11 is a bit bad because really you can only not do well in a 1unit subject (i.e. SOR) and not stuff up with the other subjects your doing. 13 is really good but if you cant cope with the workload, drop down to 12. 12 is a nice number to stay with.
not so much, it depends how much you stuff up the 2u subject. if it's a huge stuff-up then yeah it sucks, but if it's only fairly marginally below what you want when you convert it to a mark out of 50, it doesn't seem so bad

cimbom

HSC
What do you like better, legal studies or economics? I'm doing both- and they're both equally difficult, just economics is more fun.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
blackfriday said:
i got 13 but my principal says too much. should i drop legal or econ?
One thing I learnt from my subject selections was that you know whats best for yourself. I was advised against doing 3 sciences, and ended up with high ranks in both bio and chem. I was told that 4u maths might be beyond me, I got very high ranks in both 3u and 4u. Do 13, decide what subjects you're going to do best at, then drop the ones you don't think you're going to do as well in around half yearlies time.

tan_05

HSC
Legal vs Economics

No way ... legal is so much more *fun* ..........

cimbom said:
What do you like better, legal studies or economics? I'm doing both- and they're both equally difficult, just economics is more fun.

Trev

stix
HSC
im doin 13 units atm (yr 11/12 now) and its not that much work seeing as i get basically no homework for business or ipt, serious - business i have had 1 bit of homework since start of yr!

Jaydels

HSC
I'm yet another with the same problem, i have
4 unit maths
3 unit english
chem
physics
ag

I really hate english and wouldn't mind dropping extension, then I will have 12 units which is fine but I'm not sure if I'll end up keeping maths extension 2. Is it dangerous to have 11 units?

cimbom

HSC
i now have 11- i've officially disposed of society and culture. I think 11 is fine- why waste your time on 13 when you only need to do 10? With 13 you know that one subject can be your 'throw away' subject... so you don't put as much effort into it as the others and it ends up being a waste of time. 12 is okay though- just in case you stuff up somewhere. With eleven you still have a unit of back up...

cimbom

HSC
tan_05 said:
No way ... legal is so much more *fun* ..........
i guess if i had a more enthusiastic legal studies teacher... my eco teacher is great, lots of discussion. i know, it sounds pretty geeky saying economics is fun...

cimbom

HSC
I know this sounds stupid, but what subject is SOR? I can't figure it out...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I'm doing:
2 - Adv. English
2 - General Maths
2 - Modern History-DE
2 - Ancient History
2 - Economics
2 - Legal Studies
1 - History Extension

cimbom

HSC
That's Society and Culture... hmm... something else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)