11 units or 13? (1 Viewer)

cimbom

HSC
This is pretty similar to the other thread- 10 units or 12, but anyway- I'm pretty confused. Right now I'm doing 13 units (2u maths, adv eng, eng ext, mod. hist, legal, eco, and society and culture).

I'm doing equally well in each subject- but I'm thinking of dropping Society and Culture to have 11 units, because not only do I dislike S+C but I'm worried about how much time the Personal interest project will take up, when I'd rather spend that time on my other six subjects. Is anybody else in a similar situation, currently with an extension course, that they will keep at only one unit, and wanting to drop down to 11? Is it better to stay at 13, or put all effort into 11 units with half a back- up? :worried:

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
how are you coping with 13u with stress and time management? i say stick with 13u for a few weeks into the start of yr12 and if you get sick of it you can always drop society and culture :uhhuh:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
cimbom said:
This is pretty similar to the other thread- 10 units or 12, but anyway- I'm pretty confused. Right now I'm doing 13 units (2u maths, adv eng, eng ext, mod. hist, legal, eco, and society and culture).

I'm doing equally well in each subject- but I'm thinking of dropping Society and Culture to have 11 units, because not only do I dislike S+C but I'm worried about how much time the Personal interest project will take up, when I'd rather spend that time on my other six subjects. Is anybody else in a similar situation, currently with an extension course, that they will keep at only one unit, and wanting to drop down to 11? Is it better to stay at 13, or put all effort into 11 units with half a back- up? :worried:
i was exactly like you...didn't know whether to drop SAC or Legal...but i ended up dropped SAC...the PIP is too time consuming (with 13 units) definately drop SOMETHING...13 units is very hard and IMO, not worth it :)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i would say drop down to 11, as it seems like you really want to and if you dislike it, you should, if you are confident with your other subs.
If you think 13 units will be too much work and pressure ( and i dont blame you) you could drop ext eng ( if you wanted to of course) and have 12 units ...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
im in a similar situation... i am doin Ext2 maths, Phy, Chem, Bio Eng.A, SOR1
i would love 2 drop SOR, but thats agint happening pffffffff....
ill prob come 2nd in maths and phys(strongest sub), and top 5 in chem and bio.... and i doin better in chem, but i love bio the best... jus less then maths.. lol... so i dont wanna drop nething :( but is 13 2much. oh well i put up with it. i have 4 assesments 4 the sciences (halfyealy, trials and 2 other)... 6 4 english (halfyearies, trials and 1 4 each Mod) and 5 4 SOR(1 4 each mod and a major) that is 15 assesments in the year.... 2 much i dunno

capsicum

HSC
cimbom said:

ME, ME! i'm in the same boat! i'm doing adv. english, ext. eng, 2u maths, ext. 1 maths, chem, bio, society and culture. i was thinking about dropping S+C cuz i dislike the subject and don't want my PIP taking up a lot of my time too, but then i topped the subject this year. people say if you top it, you should keep it, but then what's the point if the subject doesn't interest me? i'm confused! :( and i was thinking about dropping ext. english, and picking up ext. 2 maths, but then i don't know if i'll make it into that either. so i'm pretty lost too at the moment.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I've got:
4unit maths
3unit English
Chem
SDD
SOR1

Ignoring SOR1 completely, I have a major work for SDD, and both SDD and chem are similar in terms of nasty theory to learm. Maths will be fine. Eng will be interesting. I've got all those books to read and stuff.

Anyway, that's 12 units. I was going to take physics, but that'd be 14 units.

Abtari

HSC
Choices

Whatever you do, don't drop a subject as you are coming into the last week before the HSC exams. THen you will have wasted all your time and energy for a year for no reason. If you do end up doing more than 10 units and think you should drop one but it's getting too late, don't drop it...you might do wee, just focus on other subjects that really count.

Abtari

HSC
I think 12 units is not too heavy, not too light, just right.

That way you have a safeguard and are still not overburdening yourself.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Abtari said:
Whatever you do, don't drop a subject as you are coming into the last week before the HSC exams. THen you will have wasted all your time and energy for a year for no reason. If you do end up doing more than 10 units and think you should drop one but it's getting too late, don't drop it...you might do wee, just focus on other subjects that really count.

true, our school tells you that you can drop subjects up until september 2005,, or something. they are like "dont rush" "Do assesments and tests for a subject, then see if you wanna drop it"

cimbom

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys. My major problem is is that I am coming first in S+C, only because the rest of the class is filled with kids who had to choose it to make up 12 units. I'm doing fine with 13 units, it's just that I can't help thinking how much better I can do with only 11 units, especially without a PIP. The only thing that's really holding me back with society is that i'm doing well in it, and that it's the kind of subject that relates to everything- all my other subjects are social (except for maths). Plus the skills you learnt in it really help research in Uni. They say that I have to keep 13 units until term one next year, just to make sure that I'm dropping the right subject... I have no motivation for this subject and I never chose to do it in the first place- I had to pick it up when I couldn't do maths ext. because of clashes...

Abtari

HSC
AS far as possible, avoid doing a subject you don't WANT to do...there's nothing worse than getting bored with a subject you hate and staring out the classroom window for a whole damn year!!

If possible, drop the one you don't want to do. Success = ability + effort + DESIRE

JamiL

HSC
Slide Rule said:
I've got:
4unit maths
3unit English
Chem
SDD
SOR1

Ignoring SOR1 completely, I have a major work for SDD, and both SDD and chem are similar in terms of nasty theory to learm. Maths will be fine. Eng will be interesting. I've got all those books to read and stuff.

Anyway, that's 12 units. I was going to take physics, but that'd be 14 units.
u said u were tossin up wether 2 keep bio or phys and u were gunna dropp SDD... lol n drp ext 1 english... but u kept ext 1 english n SDD but dropped Phy n Bio... lol u change ur mind more than ur underwear.. lol

JamiL

HSC
Abtari said:
If possible, drop the one you don't want to do. Success = ability + effort + DESIRE
more like
Success = ability + effort + DESIRE^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 (there is no infinity key lol)
don't do subject u dont like or have fun in... if u dont like nething at skool drop our, im lucky i luv science and maths :D:D:D:D

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
13 .. would be okay .. at least you could drop stuff if it got to be too much!

dangerousdave

HSC
Sweets said:
thirteen units!! from some1 who is doing 10 it seems like soo much!!

and am i the only person on the planet who likes SOR? :)
I like SoR, but I'll probally have to drop to 1 unit because otherwise I'd have too much work.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
JamiL said:
u said u were tossin up wether 2 keep bio or phys and u were gunna dropp SDD... lol n drp ext 1 english... but u kept ext 1 english n SDD but dropped Phy n Bio... lol u change ur mind more than ur underwear.. lol
The indecision comes from ability, not lack thereof.

Anyway, this is my final plan. I might drop Ext Eng from here, but I nothing else shall change.

And, ah, nice analogy there.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha i would recommend 11 because i'm lazy as fuck. i'm only doing 11 all up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)