100 uai (1 Viewer)

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Concinnity said:
Ever wondered why my user name is Concinnity? - "the harmony of tone and logic amongst the elements (or "period of ur life" if u prefer) of discourse.
i thought it was an invented word but no, i've never wondered why you chose it as your username.

tennille

HSC
Concinnity said:
woah! 18/20... u mean 90% of the state get that mark? did u make a typo or something? lol....

Alright guys, lets contribute to this thread by making some suggestions on how to achieve that mark. I'm outa them atm.
No, he means that approximately 18-20 people receive a UAI of 100.

And SoulSearcher is correct. If you get a UAI of 99, it means that you achieved a result higher than 99% of the state, assuming that all students continued on to year 12. Hence, it is not exactly 1%.

Concinnity

HSC
gosh... 18 to 20 ppl of the state getting 100 UAI. THAT IS HARSH. Now when i come to think of it, NSW does have a pretty competitive education system.

BTW everyone, you know what i think really sucks? Australian society. I mean, u have drop outs and HSC stuff ups who eventually manage good lives and good income. I think one's success should be based on his or her marks alone. And a bit of communication skills if need be. I'm kinda scared that after the HSC, after 12 yrs of toil and hard work, i walk out into this society as a common citizen, no more special than anyone else. I believe that all university students should be classed as the elites of this society and ultimately possess access to the scorning of lesser people.

G

gaoOO

Concinnity said:
BTW everyone, you know what i think really sucks? Australian society. I mean, u have drop outs and HSC stuff ups who eventually manage good lives and good income. I think one's success should be based on his or her marks alone.
Now that is one totally narrow minded person...
narrow mindedness ain't going to get you a UAI of 100. Lucky you managed to ditch the humanities, or you'd be looking at an AGGREGRATE of 100 instead.

Concinnity said:
I believe that all university students should be classed as the elites of this society and ultimately possess access to the scorning of lesser people.
loser. what else can i say?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Concinnity said:
BTW everyone, you know what i think really sucks? Australian society. I mean, u have drop outs and HSC stuff ups who eventually manage good lives and good income. I think one's success should be based on his or her marks alone. And a bit of communication skills if need be. I'm kinda scared that after the HSC, after 12 yrs of toil and hard work, i walk out into this society as a common citizen, no more special than anyone else. I believe that all university students should be classed as the elites of this society and ultimately possess access to the scorning of lesser people.
If you are an educated person, you should use it as a priviledge to help others not to scorn them and people ought to be judged by the content of their characters not by a bunch of numbers on a piece of paper.

Silly boy.

tennille

HSC
Concinnity said:
That is silly. People manage good lives not necessarily because they are "smart". Also, achieving a high UAI does not necessarily mean that you are intelligent. Most HSC courses can be rote learnt, and you would be amazed with those students who go well in the HSC, but bomb out at university. I don't see myself any more superior than those who don't go to university. I may be good at one thing, but they may be good at another. Why should people who are not academic suffer?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Nice one Tennille. You academic achievement definately does not determine your success as a person.

Nice avartar as well. Rachel Bilson is great! :)

L

littlewing69

Concinnity said:
gosh... 18 to 20 ppl of the state getting 100 UAI. THAT IS HARSH. Now when i come to think of it, NSW does have a pretty competitive education system.

Phew. I thought you were for real for a while back there.

PS: You worked hard for twelve years? HAHHAHAHAH. WTF?

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Concinnity said:
She was joking. Right?

yinks

HSC
do you have to do science subjects to get a really really high UAI?
for some reason im under that impression, cos everyone who gets the high UAI marks do science and maths extension 2 etc.

G

gaoOO

yinks said:
do you have to do science subjects to get a really really high UAI?
for some reason im under that impression, cos everyone who gets the high UAI marks do science and maths extension 2 etc.
the sciences and ext 2 and 1 maths tend to scale better, but not doing them doesn't mean you can't get a really high UAI. Better scaling usually also means the subject is harder, so if you've no aptitude for it, the scaling isn't going to help all that much. A number of people at my school didn't do science or maths and still came out with great UAIs (above 99.5) :)

If you're looking at UAI 100, the only subjects that might be restrictive are standard english and the category B subjects.

lala2

Banned
HSC
A girl from Cherrybrook and a girl from Moriah got UAIs of 100 in 2004 (so it's not terribly ancient or anything) with no maths and sciences. So yes, definitely possible.

Wackedupwacko

HSC
the reason people associate sci + maths with 100 uai is because of ruse XD ... full of azn good at maths and so they are good at science therefore the ones that get 100 there r typically mx2 + 2 sci students XD (im generalising here....)

haque

HSC
Curries aren't too bad at maths and the sciences(those that apply themselves).

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Guy at our school got above 99.95 last year and he did no maths and no sciences.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Sam. said:
Guy at our school got above 99.95 last year and he did no maths and no sciences.
Awesome. What school do you go to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)