100 uai (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
m0ofin said:
How long before they stop giving you the money?
- Any specified tenure of the scholarship that is less than your degree's length, e.g. some entry scholarships are just for the one year
- When you get shit grades*
- When you graduate

*See scholarship contract definition of shit, usually a credit or distinction average would be the required minimum.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Hmm, sounds reasonable I guess. Might save you from 'borrowing' all the money from your parents.

IceOnFire

HSC
m0ofin said:
Hmm, sounds reasonable I guess. Might save you from 'borrowing' all the money from your parents.
I got to get HECS. :( Then later on I will have to pay it all back on my own.

kony

HSC
aaah it's now $10000 for both usyd and unsw

Concinnity

HSC
getting 100 uai is possible, but extremely difficult under the new BOS syllabuses. For instance, chemistry, physics and biology were 'dumbed down' in the year 2001 in order to cater for the students from comprehensive schools or students who generally do not lean towards the mathematical subjects. However, this is a dilemma. Students from selective high schools no longer receive the same advantages due to the significant cut down on real sciences within these subjects and tend to achieve equal or even lower marks than some of the students from comprehensive schools.

I understand that equality is important in our society, but the very fact that a percentage of students each year attempt and value the selective high school entrance examination should be sufficient to earn these hardworking pupil the advantage of sitting a much more difficult but nevertheless successful examination in the areas of the sciences in the HSC.

Aside from criticizing the current science syllabuses for yr 12 HSC, i would like to say that the trick to achieving 100uai is to know what you must achieve. Sound obvious, but it's amazing how many students each year walk into the exam room, finish the exam and not have a clue on the marking scheme. The uai is about ranks, not marks. Ranking is everything. Getting 100 uai is equivalent to coming in the top 1% of the state which, out of 50000 students sitting for the HSC each year, is 500 people. this is a VERY small number.

I think, honestly, that ppl from james ruse, baulkem hills nrth syd boys / girls, syd boys / girls, fort st and sydney tech will most likely takes these places.

joshay

HSC
Concinnity said:
Getting 100 uai is equivalent to coming in the top 1% of the state which, out of 50000 students sitting for the HSC each year, is 500 people. this is a VERY small number.
Getting a UAI of 99 is equivalent to being placed in the top 1% of the state, getting a 100 is equivalent to being 'the top' of the state; approx. 18/20 ppl will get a UAI of 100 each year, it certainly is not 500; sorry bud. G'luck though

L

littlewing69

IceOnFire said:
I got to get HECS. :( Then later on I will have to pay it all back on my own.

Just like everyone else. What's the problem?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
joshay said:
Getting a UAI of 99 is equivalent to being placed in the top 1% of the state, getting a 100 is equivalent to being 'the top' of the state; approx. 18/20 ppl will get a UAI of 100 each year, it certainly is not 500; sorry bud. G'luck though
It's more like top 1.6% of the state, somewhere around there anyway.

Concinnity

HSC
woah! 18/20... u mean 90% of the state get that mark? did u make a typo or something? lol....

Alright guys, lets contribute to this thread by making some suggestions on how to achieve that mark. I'm outa them atm.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Concinnity said:
Alright guys, lets contribute to this thread by making some suggestions on how to achieve that mark. I'm outa them atm.
uh, stu-dy?

ballin

Banned
HSC
good idea Concinnity. Study is obvious, but its more important to know HOW to study. Why bother trying to memorise pages and pages of content, when its in your best interests to read and understand what you read. Studying is important, but i uphold that personal qualities > study. What i mean by that - determination and an unwavering belief in achieving the goal, will override everything else.

lala2

Banned
HSC
how about--outstanding ranks, outstanding marks, outstanding ability?

There are your three O's, and no, there's no outstanding scaling--it is absolutely possible get any UAI with any combination of subjects.

Concinnity

HSC
Love ur comment Ballin. What you say is absolutely correct. No, i'm not one of those ppl who study 24/7 and achieve nothing. That's someone else i know. Ever wondered why my user name is Concinnity? - "the harmony of tone and logic amongst the elements (or "period of ur life" if u prefer) of discourse.

Concinnity

HSC
Oh yeah, an btw, Lala2, what u wrote on ur comment is already saturating me with jealousy:)

ballin

Banned
HSC
hmm. should i regret making this thread? Because i do. Now too many people will have the "100" dream in their heads. This is not good! It lessens my chances! damn you all.

L

littlewing69

ballin said:
hmm. should i regret making this thread? Because i do. Now too many people will have the "100" dream in their heads. This is not good! It lessens my chances! damn you all.

Have you even had your first assessments yet??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)