0.85 away from getting my first preference!! (1 Viewer)

danielle93

HSC
I picked law (combined) at newy (90 needed) and after bonus points my atar came to 89.15 :mad2:

Is it true they still offer you a place when you're that close? Someone told me they do?

Thanks

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
That someone would be incorrect. If you're below the cut-off, you're below the cutoff.

That being said, cutoffs do vary from year to year, so you may get in. If there are less people applying for Law at "Newy" (I'm not sure whether that's New England or Newcastle), then the cutoff will decrease. If there are more people applying for it, then the cutoff will increase. Supply and demand.

If you have bonus points and EAS etc etc - then you'll likely get in. But on the face of it, 89.15 will not get you into a course with a 90 cutoff.

halapenyo

HSC
I picked law (combined) at newy (90 needed) and after bonus points my atar came to 89.15 :mad2:

Is it true they still offer you a place when you're that close? Someone told me they do?

Thanks
hey i read in the news that the atar cutoffs are expected to be lower this year due to uncapping of uni places. so you can still live in hope that you will get in. :)

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
hey i read in the news that the atar cutoffs are expected to be lower this year due to uncapping of uni places. so you can still live in hope that you will get in. :)
It's all on a case by case basis and it depends on whether universities find that it is financially viable to increase student capacity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)