たすけておねがいします! (1 Viewer)

chilled

HSC
I'm not sure how to set out emails and speeches on genkooyooshi

cerys

because i can.
HSC
(I think it'd make more sense to say 「たすけてください」 or 「たすけてくれませんか」 rather than 「たすけておねがいします」 btw)

I'm not entirely sure of the correct correct way of setting it out, but I've never been reprimanded for the way I set it out.

(Informal) Email: Start off with _____さん, start writing the body of the email on the next line (remember to leave one square before each 'paragraph' i.e before _____さん and the start of the first sentence in body) and end with your/a name.

Eg:

Speech: I'm not too sure whether you need to have a title for the speech, but if you do, put the title in the 4th box on the first line and start the speech on the 2nd box in the following line. Remember to leave a box before each paragraph and use the usual structure you'd use for a speech (Intro, Body: Point 1, Point 2, Point 3, Conclusion etc and remember to incorporate examples into each point if you have to).

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. I don't really know the correct method of using genkouyoushi in these instances, but this is what I've been doing.

Last edited:

akataylor

HSC
N/A
Should probs be てつだって really, as that's supposed to be more for helping out with more minor stuff, たすけって more for when you're dying etc. (or need urgent assistance)

For genkoo yoshi though, if you're addressing someone, should be ____ さんへ

and when you sign off ______ より

Start it off with 2 blocks down from the first verticle line, then when you go to the next paragraph, just one block down.

Full stops go in seperate box(top right), except if it's the last box of a line, in that case it just goes in the top corner of the last character of the line.

And of course, top to bottom, right to left.

NewiJapper

HSC
I prefer writing left to right, top to bottom. I know it's not the proper way but I understand Japanese more when I read or write it.

Would examiners give extra marks to a piece if it was written in the proper format compared the westernised style or is it just personal preference...?

mangadrawer

HSC
I prefer writing left to right, top to bottom. I know it's not the proper way but I understand Japanese more when I read or write it.

Would examiners give extra marks to a piece if it was written in the proper format compared the westernised style or is it just personal preference...?
No, it does not matter which direction you write in. You will be marked on the content of your writing.

I stuck with writing left to right from the beginning, and to the last Jap HSC Exam.

And with so much western influence in Japan these days, many types of publications such as magazines have adopted the left to right approach. So these days, there really isn't a strict 'proper way'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)