zhangs or ace for CHEMISTRY? (1 Viewer)

enip

HSC
hi, I go to PEAK for chemistry (year 11), but I want to change next term. I was thinking either Zhangs or Ace. I also thought matrix but i heard that they were a bit on the easier side (not 100% sure about that tho). Anyways can someone who went to either or them, or just in general suggest which one would suit me. I am looking for an organised tutoring which is more on the harder end, like having harder homework and exams. thanks

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
hi, I go to PEAK for chemistry (year 11), but I want to change next term. I was thinking either Zhangs or Ace. I also thought matrix but i heard that they were a bit on the easier side (not 100% sure about that tho). Anyways can someone who went to either or them, or just in general suggest which one would suit me. I am looking for an organised tutoring which is more on the harder end, like having harder homework and exams. thanks
matrix on demand is the way to go w matrix (even then I don't 100% rec it). I go to dr du currently for chem online and its pre decent if u wanna try that. (also isnt crazy expensive as opposed to ace lmao). Zhangs is rlly good too!

enip

HSC
matrix on demand is the way to go w matrix (even then I don't 100% rec it). I go to dr du currently for chem online and its pre decent if u wanna try that. (also isnt crazy expensive as opposed to ace lmao). Zhangs is rlly good too!
i see, I'll take a look into dr dhu chemistry, it is definitely cheaper compared to the other ones. Zhangs' rate is more expensive compared to ace, so maybe im just between dr dhu and ace at this point.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaΝ€zΝ zΜ¬ΜΌieΜ‰Ν©ΜŠΝΜ–ΝˆΜͺ
HSC
Gotta be @its_ace21

C_master

HSC
Since you go Dr Du for chem - Do you think its worth it coz people said thats Du's only good for maths

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Since you go Dr Du for chem - Do you think its worth it coz people said thats Du's only good for maths
not sure how f2f works (ill find out next yr), but the online one has been pretty neat I cannot lie. Maths is amazing there though. always will be ❀.

asiansubjects

HSC
peak is usually known for having the hardest chem exams in nsw for year 12 (that seems to be the general consensus on the conquerhsc discord server). is there any particular reason you want to change right now?

enip

HSC
peak is usually known for having the hardest chem exams in nsw for year 12 (that seems to be the general consensus on the conquerhsc discord server). is there any particular reason you want to change right now?
Oh they do? I was thinking to change rn cause i wanna try to experiment with other centres as i felt that the hw and exams from peak were kinda on the easy side. i have no experience with other chemistry centres however i can only base it off the questions i saw from them, which seemed harder compared to the ones of peak.

Luukas.2

HSC
Is the ********** discord server still operating?

asiansubjects

HSC
yeah, the ********** discord server is still up (unless i'm confusing it for something else).

if the other centres offer some free trials, it doesn't hurt to test them out though their fees are too high imo. it's probably worth asking around on this discord server since there are a lot of graduated year 12 students there that can give some insight. year 11 tends to be a lot easier than year 12 anyway and peak consistently has the top ranks at Baulko so I doubt their questions are actually too easy for year 11

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
holdup does peak actually? i thought zhangs has the hardest exams for chem

i also go peak and have finished module 1 and done the exam for it and thought it was pretty easy but ig thats just cos mod 1 is relatively easy within itself, cos even all the prelim papers for chem on thsc are easy in regards to the mod 1 qs.

enip

HSC

i also go peak and have finished module 1 and done the exam for it and thought it was pretty easy but ig thats just cos mod 1 is relatively easy within itself, cos even all the prelim papers for chem on thsc are easy in regards to the mod 1 qs.
oh yea true, i should've thought about that. there really isn't much hard things that can be tested in module 1. makes sense why the module 1 paper wasn't really hard

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC

mod 1 is rev from y10 tbf lol. calcs get hella annoying but once u practice, they're bread and butter qns.

asiansubjects

HSC

from what i can see when comparing some resources from both centres for Year 12, i would say yes, peak has the hardest exams that are realistic to the syllabus which is why they're sought after by lots of students on the conquer discord server.

you have the right idea, if you're running through the school yearlies from top selective schools on thsc and you find that you can do all the mod 1 questions quite easily, then it means that the peak exam wasn't easy in itself, it's just that module 1 itself is easy. if you keep scoring well on the peak exams, then you'll most likely be able to get a high band 6 (95-97) or maybe even state rank chem.

Luukas.2

HSC
oh yea true, i should've thought about that. there really isn't much hard things that can be tested in module 1. makes sense why the module 1 paper wasn't really hard
There are hard things in Module 1 to test but many of them can't really be asked from only module 1 content

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)