YR 12 HSC Trial Exam Preparation (1 Viewer)

aznangel1314

HSC
I don't know if this is helpful to you guys...but this is wat im given for my trial paper

Exam structure-1.5 hours

Section 1 -45minutes -25 marks
try to spend the amount of time in these questions
a)10min (5 marks)
b)15mins (8 marks)
c)20 min (12 marks)

In section 1 be prepared to anser-
1. questions on unseen artworks
2. questions that require reference to quotes extracts of text and source material
3. questions which are about the frames, conceptual frame work and practices (if u don't know these...may god save you)

Remember
-go through the paper and identify which quesions belong to whic areas of content e.g Practices, conceptual framework, frames
-start each response on a new page in you answer booklet
-don't be scared if you don't recognize the artworks given. All the informations is on the page...you just need to draw it out....
-refer to all source material give- do not ignore difficult sources they are there for a reason
-read carefully the details of the source or imag as this often holds the key to an aspect of your response
-refer to the artworks as plates and use their CORRECT title
-sources can often be 'types' or genress' if this is the case don't talk anout the source as an artwork but what it represents in the wider artworld
-make links between the sources and the broader art world
-in your introduction indicate to the marker that you are aware of the area of content and demonstrate that you understand what are of content is concerned with e.g. subjective frame, art practice....etc
-don't forget to re-read your response and correct any errors

Section 2 - 45min - 25 marks
9 questions CHOOSE 1 ONLY

revise main units of study
eg. Modernism
Post Modernism
Body as Site and Performance Art
Individual Case study artist (if you did one)
Biennale (if you went to biennale... it would be useful if you had written notes on them)

Be prepared to answe a questino in Section 2 about the following topics & OTHERS:

1. Artists breaking traditions and challenging audience's perceptions-notion of the avant guarde and the desire to push boundaries.

2. Artist responding to the world around them through their artworks-time and place and events in the world.

3. Artists challenging the precioussness of art- Postmodern art and Postmodern culture

4. How artworks can be understood through the frames - subjective experiences - cultural concersn and heritage- structural readings and interpretations through the use of the elements or symbolism

5. Relationships between artist, artwork and sudiences.

6. How technology has affected artist practice and the art world in general.

7. Appropriation and imitation in art making. (Post Modern art making techniques)

8. Exhibitions that present a point of view to audiences.

By the way... THE ABOVE EXAMPLES are of types of QUesTions they may or may not be represented in the paper- do not presume you can pick one topic to learn as it may not be represented in the paper.. if it does lucky you...:p

JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE HAD SOME SORT OF MEMORY LOSS-not saying that you have
Conceptual Framework-Artwork, Artist, Audience and World
Frames- Subejctive, Cultural, Structural and Post Modern
Practices- Art History, Art Making and Art Criticism

HSC
N/A
syper said:
thanks! <3
what do you mean by this? :S

She means that section 1 will require you to make reference to the source material (colour plates, quotes etc) that are provided in the questions :)

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up Collette

good luck in your art trials! (not that you need it :p)

on the other hand, i need all the luck i can get haha

:(

Kezalicious

HSC
when's your trial syper?

hey thanks for this, my trial is tomorrow.
did you focus on a particular area for your extended response? Last exam I did the practice of the art critic but such crap marks for it I might just stick to the easy conceptual frame questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)