yr 11 subject selections (1 Viewer)

meeeee

HSC
heyz!:D
i posted this somewhere else coz for some reason i wasnt allowed to start a new thread :(
anyways.. its that time where i need to choose subjects and i have no clue.. :confused:
i know theres another thread thing writen by Funky_Junky about recommendations of subjects, but im doing the exact opposite.. so i dont think i should interfere with their thing.. :argue:
ANYWAY.. back to the topic.. what subjects WONT you do and why.. :)
thanks!!!! :uhhuh: :graduate:

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
you should choose the subjects you like... i'm a crazy person and chose all 3 sciences. i want to do medicine :)
umm but yeah... if you hate science, then dont pick it ! ehehehe.. i really enjoy chem and bio ... and physics.. err.. i dont really like...
i picked them because they apparently scaled high and they go hand in hand with each other..
i picked Vietnamese first..then dropped it because there were too many international students kicking my ass... IT [tafe] because it took too much time and religion [1 unit] .... i sleeep in religion :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by meeeee
heyz!:D
i posted this somewhere else coz for some reason i wasnt allowed to start a new thread :(
anyways.. its that time where i need to choose subjects and i have no clue.. :confused:
i know theres another thread thing writen by Funky_Junky about recommendations of subjects, but im doing the exact opposite.. so i dont think i should interfere with their thing.. :argue:
ANYWAY.. back to the topic.. what subjects WONT you do and why.. :)

Well what do you do now???? Do you do Advanced English or maths do you like them???
Do you enjoy history or geography????
What other subjects do you do now that you are good at or enjoy????
What subjects that are been offered are you intrested in?????

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't do something purely because of the scaling. It changes every year and if you do something for the scaling but don't really like it you're buggered

is a roflcopter
HSC
i recommend to people not to do business studies

meeeee

HSC
Well what do you do now???? Do you do Advanced English or maths do you like them??? Do you enjoy history or geography??? What other subjects do you do now that you are good at or enjoy????? What subjects that are been offered are you intrested in?????
well Tenille i dont really like any subjects.. = S
i only like little bits of everything.. sometimes because of the teacher sometimes because its easy..
i do advanced maths and english.. i thought i was good at them.. but turns out im not :p
but with tutoring ill be alright
i like history more than geography for sure!! geography is boooooooooring as..

i was thinking about doing society and culture.. some businessy thing.. but im not sure if ill like it coz i dont do commerce or anything like that atm.. something computery.. some science.. maths.. something fun.. :confused:

Last edited:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i do phys and chem and i think tehy're alrite..but i like physics better cause our chem teacher is just weird.
I did ext 1 maths, but i dropped cause i was failing and bc i absolutely didnt get it and hated maths, i was failing 2 unit as well. So now i do 2 unit maths.
Adv english is alrite, i'm not one of those ppl who just write n do well, i have to think abt it and relate etc etc, but it doesnt seem as demanding as physics, chem n maths.
I did IT in one yr and finished that but most of us ended up hating it cause it scales very low. I do software now and the prac stuff is very easy, its just that i do crap in teh theory...dunno why though, except so far weve only done one chap n its 1 term until the hsc starts!
Hope it helps

Leap

free falling
HSC
I definitely wouldn't reccomend IPT (information processes & technology) cause its so pointless and boring. If you're good with computers and want to do a computery subject do software design.
Also, be careful about choosing subjects where you have to do a major work in year 12, (like art) because its a constant hassle all year long - especially at this point right before the trials. Its especially annoying if you have more than one subject where you have to do a major work...some people I know are doig three, and are quietly going insane... :chainsaw:
Biology isn't too bad if you want to do a science - it usually scales better than senior science, but then again, that changes from year to year.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Well i did chem for a term, hated it our teacher wasent that good. i did geog instad, it is really easy if you can bullshit well and use big words in the right context. 2 unit maths is ok i supose, Adv. english is good, i enjoy most of it except Frost (grrrrrrr Frost :chainsaw: ), but i have to wonder about my teacher. I do SOR one which is much more intresting than Catholic Studies, so not droping to that. I also EXT1 english- Gothis literature, its ok i suppose, if i never had to hand anything for it it would be great, but im droping it at the end of the year. I do modern, its alot of work, but if its an intresing topic its good. And i do Legal which i really enjoy.

paki_diva

"don't do chemistry"

WHyyyyyy/.??????? i was thinking about doing it.

ANd everybody...what do u thing about PD/H/PE??? does anyone do it? do u like it?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Personally it just me, i did it for a term and didnt really enjoy it. But im not exacley what you call a "science person" if thets what your into go for it. but trust me it is ALOT harder than any of the chem you did in year 10

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
meeee ok heres just a suggestion (perhaps a starting point if you will?)

Advanced English
General Maths
Society and Culture
Business Studies
IPT
Senior Science

If you hate all of them well at least it helps you narrow it down!!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
do chemistry its like the most fun subject and also one of the harder ones too

but still~ its so interesting!

P.E - DONT DO IT

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
A few of my friends do bio, but they say you don't get to do anything intresting to like year 12,.

If you don't mind doing alot of work modern is good.

But i would highly reccomend you do Legal, so then you can tell cops off when they arrest you wrong lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)