Yr 11 PRELIMS - PEOPLE DOING THEM (1 Viewer)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Exams start in a week for me. I think I'll study a little, but not too much. I'll put much more effort in for the HSC, but I'm not particularly motivated for the Prelims.

I_F

HSC
That's how I'm feeling right now as well. But I'll still have to make the effort in order to keep the parents happy that I got over average for every subject.

klaw

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
we have ours next week. I'm pretty confident but kinda crapping myself about maths...although I always understand the concepts in class, come exam time I've completely forgotten it all and I have to relearn it (not an easy task given how much we've done this year). Plus I ALWAYS make heaps of little errors that I never pick up on until later. Eeeeeeep! Ah well, bring on ze English!!!
Maths becomes a lot easier if you understand how to derive those formulas.

klaw

HSC
insert-username said:
Exams start in a week for me. I think I'll study a little, but not too much. I'll put much more effort in for the HSC, but I'm not particularly motivated for the Prelims.

I_F
I feel the exact same way.

Jimmy Pax

HSC
Had Common English paper, and Chemistry tests today. Some of the things in the chemistry test were pretty hard, but I attempted it all.

And english...pfft. Who needs it...

Got Maths tomorrow, just finishing up on some study right now, then its off to bed. After tv...and food.

Last edited:

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
.....I'll put much more effort in for the HSC, but I'm not particularly motivated for the Prelims.

I_F

[SIZE=-2]amen!!

ick! I'm still halfway through...and I'm burning out already
*sigh* :( :( [/SIZE]

HSC
hi guys!! i had my first english paper 2day... modules... the electives... wasn't too bad... had an hour n a half 2 write 2 essays... most ppl did about the same as me so i aint too worried... bullshitted as usual, got another english 2moro... a listnin one! HAHA!!! n den another english on wednes n 2U maths on thurs... wish me luck, i'll keep u posted!

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
kadlil said:
same here i got it next week as well, first up is english~~~ :(:( but hey, bring on ze maths :):D
i had my eng paper today, went alrite...eco tomorrow, so much to study

bring on ze maths!!! (weds 2u, fri 3u)

looking forward to maths :D:D:D:D

[Damo]

HSC
had chem today, bombed it hard,
mistook period 1 (H and He) for Period 2 (Li....etc.)
3 marks gone! cut.
but maths was easy, top was 100
me 99. happy!

K

katie_tully

Prelims don't count. Sure if you want a nifty preliminary report, but once you get into the HSC, your preliminary results are irrelevant. Remember that next time you stress over a Prelim exam - it doesn't matter.
Save your stress for this time next year.

Master Gopher

HSC
But but but. If I don't use up all this stress now 1) I will never do anything and 2) I will have so much built up by next year, I shall explode!! I'm lazy enough as is.

Master Gopher

HSC
Actually if I didn't stress, I'd never get nice surprises. Like I was freaking out over Bio, and I finished in 1/2 the time, it was an absolute piece of pie.
Well, not quite, I shouldn't compare biology to Pie. Pie is just too awesome. Mmm. Pie. Where was I?

Yeah, it made me feel more confident - but then I have to not stop stessing, or I'll just hang round wasting hours on forums and....Oh. Whoops. See?

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
did my 2u maths paper in 45mins, took me 15mins to check and recheck, outta dere after 1hr has pass. god it was easy..looking forward to 3u exam on friday, gonna be hard and challenging :D

u still want ur prelims to look good rite? bit of studying wont hurt, stress makes u work lol, it made me

P

pLuvia

yeh can't wait for my 2u test, every non 3u people will struggle, while the 3u people just cruise through it, did a past 2u test and man is it easy

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
yeh can't wait for my 2u test, every non 3u people will struggle, while the 3u people just cruise through it, did a past 2u test and man is it easy
in 2u, watch out for careless mistakes. 99% of marks lost in 2U tend to be careless mistakes. So 2U is basically just testing who makes the least careless mistakes

[Damo]

HSC
klaw said:
in 2u, watch out for careless mistakes. 99% of marks lost in 2U tend to be careless mistakes. So 2U is basically just testing who makes the least careless mistakes
good point, however, having said this, i think 99% of maths is confidence. but yeah, careless mistakes are one's worst enemy in a maths exam

HSC
dont get too cocky, my mate got 99% in his prelim 2u exam as well but he got 88% for his trial, dont forget it gets alot harder, plus people you never heard of rise out of nowhere and start to demolish people in exams for the HSC, thats when the real competition starts, alot of people have a laid back feel to prelim :uhhuh:

[Damo]

HSC
i agree, i was one of those bloke that stuk it to the kinezi!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)