yr 11 modern essay (1 Viewer)

Rose_Punk

HSC
hi,

could someone please help me with my research assignment? i have to...
'assess how important world war one was in bringing about the fall of the Tsarist regime in Feb/Mar 1917' and refer to the perspectives of at least 2 historians of russian history

i am absolutly stuck and have no idea how to start it or word it...

thanks

Igor

HSC
N/A
for starters, a text called "Power and Privelage" is real handy, its by David Christian and there is a whole section dedicated to the impact of WW1 on the romanov house rule. in the 2nd edition pages 155 onwards. your schoo, library shoul have it. there's also some books called "modern Russia" (2nd ed.) by John Robottom, and "a short history of the USSR" parts 1 and 2; put out by the Academy of sciences of the USSR institute of history, (its really biased, but useful). the second two books will be a lot harder to find than the first one.

if you can't be bothered looking for the books you might be able to get something off www.gutenberg.net

4 your essay major points to use would be the lack of confidence after the 1905 war, the Russian people lost all confidence in Nicholas when there started being rolling defeats in WW1. the war was fiscally disasterous. lack of fuel and the basic necessities in winter created more discontent and because most of the counrty was trying to fight the Germans no one was really focusing on the revolutionaries, so there was a lot more opportunity for groups like the SR's to canvass support.

Igor

HSC
N/A
no worries. russian history is my fav. topic from everything. i watched a documentary on stalin years ago, and started to get books on it (esp 1850s to 1917, and 1917 to 1986). many many books. not all that good, but i got some really old and biased ones... their funny in a way...

fruitbonbon17

another important point is that when nick went to the war front, people started associating the blame with him, whereas before the link wasn't as strong between him and the defeats in the war. also, it made him leave rasputin in charge and peopl didnt like him cos he was greasy. (i cant really remember- it was like nearly 2 yrs ago when i did it lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)