Yr 11 count for HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does the year we've just done contribute at all?? i've heard yes & no and just wanted it cleared up...or was it just necessary to pass prelim?

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
as long as you pass your prelim, you're right.
nothing in yr 11 counts. unless you do subs like accounting.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
no it doesnt but i recommend you take it seriously so you can the study habit now!! instead of waiting till yr 12 where everthing counts there on.. trust me it will be much better!! good luck mate

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i kinda does for maths as work in yr11 is in the hsc but no yr11 marks count

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
If prelim counted id be looking at approx. 70 as opposed to 95+. In my opinion, bludge while you can.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i was serious about forming a good study habit in yr 11 ... the earlier the better

HSC
Thanks for clearing that up guys. Well i've finished year 11 and worked my ass off and have the results to show for it...its just that i haven't started yr 12 assessments very well and was hoping that the good marks of yr 11 will come back to haunt me...but alas, it seems i've gotta try twice as hard! :(

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
they can test prelim stuff in the hsc for some subjects ( a.g maths) so your actual prelim marks dont count BUT you need to understand some of the stuff for the hsc ..

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Basically yea prelim is the FOUNDATION of yr 12 like in preparation/assummed knowledge for yr 12. The only course that can be tested from prelim in hsc is Maths maximum of 30% so i've heard.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
unless you apply for scholarships, cos then they look at your year 11 reports/ranks to decide whether to give you the scholarship

HSC
the earlier you start the heavy study habit the better, see like me, for my year 11 yearlies i went from doing on average 1 hour a day, to roughly 6 hours, over 1 week, and let me tell you it was very hard to do so, i was very not used too it

i did 2 hours in morning, 2 in afternoon and 2 at night
it didnt seem so bad, but really to be honest i think the human brain just stops absorbing after 5 hours unless your a good crammer, i prefer to spread my work out, i panic when i cram

if you get used to doing 3 hours, then it seems like nothing
dont forget year 12 is building what you learnt in year 11, if you for example do chemistry, and do shit for all in year 11 then suddenly say "time to work hard for year 12", prepare to work twice/thrice as hard as the students topping the class because YOU have too learn the basics

learn the basics, trust me its worth it, i regret not working harder, even if it counts too nothing

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its doesn't unless you to tafe subjects - in the hsc if you sit the exam for a tafe subject they test you over the past two years of work - well they did in tourism - so i'm guessing that they would for other tafe subjects.

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
i failed yr 11. i was allowed to stay on because my principle didnt want me to move schools. thanks champ. i failed yr 12 too (officially we will know tomorrow.)

huhq1

huhq1
HSC
no worries, it does not court.everyone has to remember it is extrem important for ur hsc. yr 11 is the trail yr for hsc. i suggest u to work hard on it!!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Jago said:
unless you apply for scholarships, cos then they look at your year 11 reports/ranks to decide whether to give you the scholarship
Aw fuck.

stainmepink

HSC
no, but year 11 kind of shows how well you'll go in year 12. so dont fuck it up

archangel leila said:
Does the year we've just done contribute at all?? i've heard yes & no and just wanted it cleared up...or was it just necessary to pass prelim?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)