Your workout schedule! (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Hey guys whats your schedules looking like?
I just finished designing mine- aiming to gain muscle bulk and definition. Any comments, suggestions?

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
I would suggest you go back to the drawing board :]

You have a heap of isolation exercises, the only things in there that I saw and would definately keep were military press, squats and deadlift (you do not choose between these two, you do them both! :>).

Also, and this isn't necessarily a bad thing in all cases, you have a lot of volume in there. Assuming 4 sets for your exercises, that's a lot to do in one session, although if you keep the isolation movements high you can get away with it I suppose, I'll give you dirty looks though.

Kudos to the way you split up the week, 2 on 2 off is a good way to work your gym time. I just think you need to focus more on compound movements with one or two isolation movements thrown in to supplement those.

Eg -
Monday: Rack pulls / Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Chinups, Barbell rows / Pulldowns if you can't get your back to do the work in rows, some barbell and dumbell curls to finish off if you want.

Tuesday: SQUATS<3, hack squats, leg press, calf raises

Thursday: Military press, Incline bench, dips, tricep pushdowns, throw in a set or two of close grip bench after the inclines if you want more tricep work

Friday: Deadlifts, Lunges, Calf raises

You seem to have a crapload of situps and ab related stuff in there, and yeah it's kind of overkill. Squats and Deads, done correct and heavy etc, will work your core. If you still want to throw in some stuff, for peace of mind or that extra oompf? I'd suggest doing it on tues and fri.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
far out--- wow!!!
i'm no expert, but that looks impressive :)

ps. good luck with it all :) let us know how you're going!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
quik -> hey thanks for the feedback. It's true I do have a lot of isolation exercises- my main concern was how to hit all the major muscle groups without going through each one more than once, which is the main problem with compound exercises. I mean for example, squats and deadlifts are both excellent leg exercises, but wouldn't they both work out the glutes and hammies?

yooneek -> thanks for the encouragement, will keep you posted :)

quik.

HSC
Squats and deadlifts do indeed both incorporate alot of glutes and hams. With them on the different days, you'll get the benefit from squats hitting your quads as well, deadlifts using your back. Rack pulls will help incorporate the back even more, hack squats shift a lot of focus to your quads, etc... everything has to work together.

Which in itself is another point, everything has to work together. Compound movements work with your body, if you get what I mean. Muscles don't function on their own, they function as a unit.

rozymisty

HSC
I feel bad that i havent gone to the gym this week because Ive been at orientation all week and have to carry a huge folder around so i cant really take my gym gear as well.

I stupidly one day before xmas decided to do 30mins of weights, and coz i wanted to try out a class, i did the only one that day (reduced xmas clases) and did the body jam. Never did any class before and was full on like karate kicking, side running, punching and all that really fast. I only got to 30mins before I was like ah i need to sit down really urgently, going to faint. sat down on the floor for the rest of the class and got back up to warm down and was even closer to fainting.

So yeah that was stupid doin weights and then a high intensity class when I havent done such hard work like that in yonks!

quik.

HSC
rozymisty said:
I feel bad that i havent gone to the gym this week because Ive been at orientation all week and have to carry a huge folder around so i cant really take my gym gear as well.
You can't take a bag? Excuses don't get you anywhere [:

NinjaSauce

HSC
Its not what you want to hear, but...

I don't like it. I mean, i've never tired a schedule like that, but it goes against a lot of what i would recomend, and knows works.

And the goal, "gain muscle bulk and definition" - well, who doesn't want that? I dont know anyone that would say they "didn't want to be more muscular, and have less body fat" A little unspecific. :p Also, it is hard to gauge success.

Compounds, compounds, compouds. Seriously. Do them more. They should make up 80%+ of your training. I know you don't believe me, and i didn't when i started, but it is the core of everything.

So, are you looking at a 2 weights days, 1 cardio, 2 weights, 1 cardio, rest schedule? Or are you willing for any schedule at all? i could (very basically) write something up for you. Tell me what you can do.

Also... Food. You eat less to get smaller, thus it makes sense you need to eat more to get bigger. Amazing how many people overlook this.

HalcyonSky

HSC
My 3 Day split:

Monday - Face. I'm aiming for a classic chiselled look. I have several piercings at key points over my face so I can hang weights from them. Generally 8-9 reps and 2 sets of this. I usually follow up with using an actual chisel on my face.

Tuesday - rest

Wednesday - Gluteus Maximus. Anal clenches to failure. If i want a more intense workout, i'll add some resistance between my cheeks.

Thursday - rest

Friday - Penis. Ancient chinese weight hanging works best here to really give the shaft a good stretch. I pyramid the weights, going from 5kg (warmup) - 9kg - 12kg. Usually i aim to hold it for at least 5 minutes, but on cold days the circulation isnt as good and it starts to go purple much quicker. Alot of blood is forced into the head during these exercises, so if i happen to burst a capillary ill often skip these exercises all together for several weaks until it heals, or just focus on testicle weight hanging.

NinjaSauce

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
Friday - Penis. Ancient chinese weight hanging works best here to really give the shaft a good stretch. I pyramid the weights, going from 5kg (warmup) - 9kg - 12kg. Usually i aim to hold it for at least 5 minutes, but on cold days the circulation isnt as good and it starts to go purple much quicker. Alot of blood is forced into the head during these exercises, so if i happen to burst a capillary ill often skip these exercises all together for several weaks until it heals, or just focus on testicle weight hanging.
Preparing for the Trojan Olympics?

Are you a pelvic Powerlifter?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qyqbq6z81Z0

or competing in the precision vault?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R0Yy5GojR_s

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
mine includes working for 10 hours a day on my feet and general mechanic-ing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)