Your thoughts on UAI cutoffs 2006 (1 Viewer)

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
So. Do you think they will go up or down. They went down ALOT last year but unfortunately that could have been a fluke/one off. I'm praying they'll go down but other people might have theories and evidence to back those theories up.
Please share :)

santaslayer

HSC
It'll depend on the specific course. UAI cutoffs don't go up or down in a collective fashion. (Other factors such as government's willingness to budget, mentality of students etc will also play an important role)

tennille

HSC
miaomiao said:
So. Do you think they will go up or down. They went down ALOT last year but unfortunately that could have been a fluke/one off. I'm praying they'll go down but other people might have theories and evidence to back those theories up.
Please share :)
Sometimes you can get accepted into courses in the main-round even if you are below the cut-off. Some uni's tend to increase their cut-offs to compete with other unis. :)

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
UAI cutoffs don't go up or down in a collective fashion.)
It seemed to me that they did go down in a collective fashion across the board in 2005?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Given that many of the popular courses went down this year, I have a feeling they might return to their 2004 levels or at least move back up slightly. But who knows?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
miaomiao said:
It seemed to me that they did go down in a collective fashion across the board in 2005?
Mine didn't, the courses I wanted went up.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
ANU generally went up.

I doubt that there was a general trend downward, or if there was I can't imagine it would be significant.

adambra

HSC
Well with my luck we will see an unprecedented rise in the cut-offs for commerce and arts, the only two areas in which I have any interest.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Hmm. Yeah there seemed to be hardly any courses with cutoffs below 85! Why anyone would want to spend the next 3 to 6 years in Canberra is completely beyond me :confused:
Jokes. I've heard it's one of the best unis in Oz.

specialjenny

HSC
I was chatting with a UWS person from the student recruitment centre and he told me that 120 subjects from UWS went down last year and they will all go back up this year, well that's what he reckons.

I really hope they wouldn't jump too much....sniff sniff I need to get in!

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Why would that be? Why was last year a one off? I don't understand/ am in denial. :(

FinalFantasy

HSC
miaomiao said:
Why would that be? Why was last year a one off? I don't understand/ am in denial. :(
weren't the uni fees jacked up?
dats y less ppl?
i dunno, mite b wrong

Mandy101

HSC
There's no way to predict it; it just depends on the demand and supply of courses.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The government was particulary nice last year.... I don't expect a reaccurance. The government secured something like 30,000 more places for students at uws....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)