• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your study plans please .. (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Well 2006 HSCers ... your external HSC exams are coming up in about 3 months.

What are your plans of study ?
Has your study pattern changed since the beginning of your HSC course last year ?
Did you squeeze out more performance by changing your study habit ?

I'd like some ideas :) ... before we 2007 HSCers begin our HSC course this* year ...

* - Mistake, wandering mind ...

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Do at least one past paper everyday from the start of school to the HSC exams, and do millions during STUVAC :D And normal revision and all that

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
wrong, u start ur hsc course term 4 this year - i would suggest u start this study thing then, because if u waste t4, it can really hurt later in the course

Study - write notes, redo notes, and as pluvia said millions of past papers

SweetSeasons

HSC
Step 1: Do weekly summaries of the work you have done that week in accordance to UNIT OUTLINE
Step 2: Tick off dot points that you have done.
Step 3: Re-summarise what you have done, roughly 4/5 points per dot points in your unit out line
Step 4: Make flash cards from the 2nd summarie you have done
Closer to the HSC
Step 5: Assure you have done every dot point in the outline
Step 6: Do a lot of past papers .. and time your self, then get your teachers to mark it for you
Step 7: Learn from your half yearlies and trials.. ask your teacher what you can do to improve your answers, what techniques can be used to achieve that higher mark and get that better understanding of the unit.
Step 8: Go over your summaries in the order you did them, re-write stuff you forgot or didn't get, ask your teacher for help.. I'm not talking the week before I'm talking after your trials start to do this
Step 9: Don't stress and don't over do it.. 4 hours a day of out of school study i think is far to much... Try and keep it at about 1-2 hours per day n get up n take a quick 5 min break every 20/30 mins.. When it gets closer to stuvac.. that's when you step it up a notch.. do maybe 6 hours a day.. 2 in the morning, 2 after lunch, 2 at night don't do it all in one hit... I think also the best advice I ever got was don't go out binge drinking n staying up late during stuvac.. you can do that for like 3/4 months after your HSC. Have fun, have a social life.. just don't drink.. Hang overs ruin everything lol

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i've been studyin' hardcore these holidays. averaging about 8 hours orso per day.

iv'e found constant revision, don't bludge in class, etc will help tremendously. if u don't get something, ask.

my study plans: study at least 4 hours per night (school days) not including homework on 1 subject.
Night before exam, after school cram for a few hours and then relax for the rest of the day .. u don't wanna be exhausted in ur exams do u now? :)

that's basically what i've beend doing atm..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
and to answer ur question, yeah i have been getting better.

first time i got 100% in a maths exam! haha :D

so yeah .. study does pay off but u must be consistent!
consistency is the main thing.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
sorry but after reading sum of the response are we really telling the truth all thsi work you guys are doing pah lease ull burn out like crazy
may only thing to say is make hsc study notes as you go dont leave it to the last minute and dont start the hard core " 8 hour a day althoguh i never will study" straigh away just ease into if u want to survive and i understand for the people who want a 99.00 u just have to be consistant and dont freak out witht he study ull lose ur self

and guys and girl who have external assements strat them as soon as pos ok
cause at the mometn im finishing a dress for textile a dramam g p 6 different costume design for dramam mounted on board with essaya art painting and a community and familt studies i rp

btw just breathe its not the end of the world
thers more to life okkkkkkkk

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
vogue said:
sorry but after reading sum of the response are we really telling the truth all thsi work you guys are doing pah lease ull burn out like crazy
may only thing to say is make hsc study notes as you go dont leave it to the last minute and dont start the hard core " 8 hour a day althoguh i never will study" straigh away just ease into if u want to survive and i understand for the people who want a 99.00 u just have to be consistant and dont freak out witht he study ull lose ur self

and guys and girl who have external assements strat them as soon as pos ok
cause at the mometn im finishing a dress for textile a dramam g p 6 different costume design for dramam mounted on board with essaya art painting and a community and familt studies i rp

btw just breathe its not the end of the world
thers more to life okkkkkkkk
well, i have been continually increasing my hours. so 8 hours is no big deal for me. ive been burnt out once and that was when i was sick so yeah ..

anywhoz, i agree wid you about the assessment tasks stuff. evne if u don't have an assessment task, prepare for it so that you can finish it asap.

oh yeah ... studying with music helps! :) not too loud though .. u wouldn't be able to hear urself think ..as the cliche' goes.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I worked really hard throughout term 4 - was organised, started my assessments once i got them, did all my hw and notes etc. which derives from that feeling you get when you start year 12 and the fact that everything counts haha. Dragged that on in the holidays, while still enjoying my social life, meeting and chatting to some BOSers at 3am in the morning and having some quality "me" time lolz. Kind of wish, i relaxed more as that plan kind of went down the drain once school started as i totally burnt out and did shit all throughout the term, but miraculously did alright in most/some? of my assessments and half-yearlies haha.

These holidays i've been studying a fair bit and yeah pretty happy with my progress, but i've only been really focusing on two or three? subjects, so i really have to start studying for others soon. But yeah, prior to HSC, i will mainly be doing as many past papers and lots of essays. Probably won't have to revise as much, as most of the stuff will already be in my head, after my revision for my trials.

@Mc_Meaney: Yes, i have friends who are working their arse off now, and getting good marks, but because they kind of wasted term 4, it has affected their ranking significantly.

@shinji:yeah all i could think about was sleep in my modern history half-yearly. Teacher, thought i was sick or something lolz.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
@hopelessly: haha i remem u tellin me that! XD aha .. funny stuff.

i didn't work too hard through term 4 ... but i've picked up my pace since then. see; slow and steady wins the race ^^

passion89

HSC
Well home-time for me has now changed dramatically from a study free zone to a 'time to get serious' zone lol and I've been doing quite a lot of revision lately.

In class, the only thing I can think of to do is to improve information retention by actually asking questions and contributing to the class discussions...which I've always been doing, of course :rolleyes:

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
HSC
Well, try juggling three assessment tasks that are due before the trials (approx. midway through first week of term three/four) AND collaborating my study notes AND revising them.

Anyways, I have been able to manage this hefty workload even though it is very crammy.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Seriously guys, just don't stress.. the HSC is not the be all and end all..

I forgot to add yeah paying attention through out the year in class works... and to be honest that is probably the only thing I did consistently through the whole year and i got a UAI of 78.5 in 2004.. and it's what I do now at uni.. just consistantly get through all the work and pay attention in class ect n I just got two distinctions.. You don't need to do all those hours like that person was saying.. lifes to short to spend it in a book

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
Seriously guys, just don't stress.. the HSC is not the be all and end all..

I forgot to add yeah paying attention through out the year in class works... and to be honest that is probably the only thing I did consistently through the whole year and i got a UAI of 78.5 in 2004.. and it's what I do now at uni.. just consistantly get through all the work and pay attention in class ect n I just got two distinctions.. You don't need to do all those hours like that person was saying.. lifes to short to spend it in a book
we know it isn't .. it just seems like it at this stage. and don't tell me you didn't feel like it to be the be all and end all pre-trials!!! >=/

SweetSeasons

HSC
I didn't.. I was pretty relaxed during the trials.. the only time i ever got really stressed out was b4 my pe exam for the HSC test i had a little cry cause i didn't study.. but i spoke 2 my pe teacher n he's like *chill ange, u'll be sweet u've worked hard in class for the past 2 years* and i ended up getting like 82 or 83 for it.

But other then that i really wasn't that stressed...

I'm gonna be a teacher.. i should lol prolly start tellin kids to study :p

Xayide

HSC
past papers. Only way to know what your up against.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
f3nr15 said:
Well 2006 HSCers ... your external HSC exams are coming up in about 3 months.

What are your plans of study ?
Has your study pattern changed since the beginning of your HSC course last year ?
Did you squeeze out more performance by changing your study habit ?

I'd like some ideas :) ... before we 2007 HSCers begin our HSC course this* year ...

* - Mistake, wandering mind ...

Dude i'm writing a guide all for you 2007ers for the HSC.
Seriously checkout my blog jsut before i'm eliminated for all kinds of tips.

machima

HSC
Plan? Hell, I just sit down and whip out a textbook and start reading/making notes. Planning is for suckers :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)