your song played at graduation mass/assembly (1 Viewer)

AngelznDemonz

HSC
our entrance 2 the assembly was a complete balls up..the cd started 2 skip and stopped so we just walked in quietly..lol.
otherwise we had greenday time of your life
forever young during slideshow
and two year 10 chicks played guitar and sang true colours...they were so nervous..but it was a nice gesture!!!
(cant believe its all over!!) xcept 4 a little thing called the HSC..

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
passion89 said:
Our song was Don't cha by the pussycat dolls BUT the lyrics were changed to comply with leaving school etc like for the chorus:

'Don't cha wish you're leaving the school like us
don't cha wish you're feeling so free like us
don't cha, don't cha'

It was hilarious and everyone loved it
:rofl: I hate that song but I gotta say, that is hilarious!

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
In 2004, it was Rise Up by Australian Idol Final 12 as well as Vitamin C Friends Forever. In 2005, I can't remember what it was but Eminem's Without Me seems to ring a bell (Cos it feels so empty without me!). This year it was some mix between Grease and the Friends song I'll Be There For You. I guess people wanted something a bit different to the usual graduation songs.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
our graduation had an ABBA feel... with Waterloo performed (with modified lyrics of course) by Year 12 Music, and Mamma Mia (also with modified lyrics) performed by the teachers.

We walked out to Friends Forever (Vitamin C) because it was the same thing most of us walked out to for our Year 6 farewell because that was the year it became big.

brobinson

HSC
we had "the circle of life"- from the lion king to walk into, and "Chariots of fire" to leave... we had another song for the slide show but i've got no idea what it was called.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
soooo many people wanted 'forever young'! it was upto our music class for the final decision, we decided to go with one girl singing 'somewhere over the rainbow' (the eva cassedy version) and a group of boys playing 'sweet child of mine' they did an awesome job, as we thought that they would screw it up and wreck the whole thing!

"Chubby"

HSC
for my muck up assembly: the yr 12 2006 version of don't cha composed by one of the students.

graduation: as year 12 walked in....taller, stronger, better

for the breaks between awards and that: one moment in time.....and blessed and gimme some loving...

sinist4

HSC
ours was:
In da club- 50 cent

nah i lied it was that gay song... that goes 'we are the champions blah blah blah' or sumthing like that. that song made it an awkward moment wen we walked in.
i think we should of went with 'in da club' or 'lose urself- eminem' atleast that highlights sumthing about taking oppotunities in life lol ;) :p

Last edited:

TABismyfuture

HSC
my school is shit yet again coz we had the vit-c song

another one is 'photograph'

eek

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
i thought we had great song choices, they were better be home soon - crowded house, here's to the night - eve 6 and green day's good riddance

nick the great

HSC
Ours was pretty good we had shimmer by fuel and good riddance and some random song played by the band but it was cool

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
For the assembly, our walk in song was speeding cars by imogen heap and our walk out song was our school's farewell song (which may sound stupid, but it was the one that made everyone cry...I love that song...). Anywhos, for our mass we walked out to don't dream it's over by crowded house. Our slideshow used the songs, our lives by the calling, bittersweet symphony by the verve, the toy story song you've got a friend in me, and tubthumping by chumbawumba. Pretty good overall.

square-nothing

HSC
we had a few. naturally there was "friends forever" -vitamin C, "time of your life" - Green Day (this one was certainly a tear jerker) and "schools out for summer....schools out forever!" (this one was the favourite)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)