Your schools anti-truanting measures ? (1 Viewer)

Hindzy

HSC
At our school they leave the gates open all day.The school finds out about people traunting.There perants dont give a fuck.They do check the local shopping centre ocasionly.The police go up to them and ask them to give them there names but they refuse.The police cant arrest them because traunting isnt a crime.This school is model Farms High School.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I don't know what the anti-truanting measures are at my school, because although truancy is noticeable in a student minority, very rarely do the teachers find out about it. Most of them forge a note explaining any absence.
Either way, our school is enclosed with tall barbed wire fences, so I guess that keeps the truanters in and the intruders out. You'd have to be a pain lover if you ever climb over these barbed wire fences....
One thing I do hate is when they forget to open the gate (which is also barbed wire) after school when everyone tries to rampage out. When they forget to open the gate, we're basically stuck in there until someone gets a key.
Sure they, may be keeping some possible truanters from escaping, but for the rest of us, we have to be locked in the school as prisoners in jail........:(

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Hindzy said:
At our school they leave the gates open all day.The school finds out about people traunting.There perants dont give a fuck.They do check the local shopping centre ocasionly.The police go up to them and ask them to give them there names but they refuse.The police cant arrest them because traunting isnt a crime.This school is model Farms High School.
Parents actually do give a fuck
According to Mr. S, 50% of kids in Model Farms have single parents
Good idea about legal loopholes ... truanting isnt a crime :)

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
Hindzy said:
A school with tightly locked gates during school hours is simply a jail.

Last edited:

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
f3nr15 said:
If a lockdown ever occurs in mfhs, it will seem like a jail, there are pikes on top of the gates ...
I've never actually been in a school lockdown... It will be fun i guess.. :)

milady

HSC
Wow. That's madness.

My school is theoretically strict but unbelievably lax in practice. I have never truanted myself, but I have been considerably late countless times/not bothered to hand in notes/not bothered to get my mum to call in when sick (I'm not proud of it, I wish I had a better record)... and nothing ever happened.

You are meant to have doctor's certificates etc if you are absent from a carnival... in practice they never follow it up.

For unexplained absences you get a list which your parent must explain/sign off on... which I have forgotten to hand in once or twice, with no consequences (and I had over a week's worth of unexplained absences).
Absences during the day are not noticed. Once I left for a doctor's appointment without a note etc, midway through the day, and returned before last period. nothing happened.

and so on. ad nauseam. I know of people who skip school, I know of one who got punished (with no more than a telling-off and a threat)... But I guess as it is a private school, as far as they are concerned it's the parents' problem if their daughter is not bothering to turn up (and the truancy rate is probably much lower than average too). I quite like this philosophy. There aren't any fences or anything like that. In fact, pedestrians used to cut through and use it as a shortcut.

vizman

HSC
fairly non-existant. and for the few few who get caught they can easily weasel their way out of it. i've heard the excuse "the teacher must've forgetten to mark me here" work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)