Your results (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
WTF? Who said I dont have a life? Is being disappointed in your marks a reflection on your lifestyle?

Didnt think so. So why dont you mosey on out of this thread and stop critiscing people based on your own idiotic ideals.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ScottyG said:
WTF? Who said I dont have a life? Is being disappointed in your marks a reflection on your lifestyle?

Didnt think so. So why dont you mosey on out of this thread and stop critiscing people based on your own idiotic ideals.

now ur in denial......poor guy....

tennille

HSC
They're just showing off. They know they're smart and did well. ScottyG, you did well. You can't always get the results you want. It's bound to happen some time.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm not sorry, i still think it's stupid to be disappointed with ur results...

Shit if there are people who get >95 uai and are disappointed i'll say the same to them no matter what story they have about their 'expectations'.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha, oh, boo hoo! i only got 91!
don't set yourself up to be a burnout...save all the energy for the hsc. :rolleyes:

and the dude who said they got 100 in like two subjects is sooo bullshitting, isn't the top score every year in most subjects around 98?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i could be wrong, oh well
i don't even remember my school certificate results

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I do just because i was so shocked by them.. i recieved c's, a couple of b's for my effort grades from school but i got pretty high in other shit.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I think I got like 95 or 96 for English, and I remember being pleasantly surprised by my Geo results, but everything else, meh, they were probably mediocre and I don't give a shit

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
i could get 100 if i tried, but i'm afraid that the care/challenge factor aren't there

behemuf

HSC
I Did well, I go to Gosford High and I Think i was below average overall.
Maths : 96 ( No Study) :lol:
English : 87 (Lots Of Study)
History : 72 ( Most of My study Time)(Lucky im not doin it next year)
Science : 92 (No Study)
Geog : 88(No Study)

I guess the school ecrtificate really brouight out the subjects i am good at naturally and teh ones i should kiss goodbye

I rekon getting 100% in two subjects is a joke but he/she must of done resonably well maybe low 90's

A girl at my school got 2 99's and got a medal so i guess he must be lying with no proof.

A l

HSC
N/A
Studying! Omg! I Got Fairly Good Results Without Study

The only subject that I think you can really study for in the School Certificate would be Australian History Civics and Citizenship.

English: It's all the usual comprehension/analytical skills and knowing how to write. Study is not really required in English, because it's mainly assessment of skills.

Mathematics: Since the test has to be accessible to Standard Mathematics students, it's mainly general knowledge and basic skills. Barely any study at all unless you do not know the basic concepts of Mathematics

Science: The test was mainly skills questions requiring some general knowledge. Some study is required usually to remember a few terminologies and techincal words, but intensive study is not necessary.

If you need to study intensively English, Mathematics and Science for the School Certificate, then you might as well just leave from Year 10, because the whole damn course was taught to you and you are studying for basic skills that would have been learnt by Year 7 and Year 8.

Geography: This subject can be studied moderately, since you need to memorise quite a number of terminologies and geographical processes. Otherwise the test is mainly using simple geographical skills.

History: This subject is the one that I reccommend to be studied the most. You have to memorise A LOT of events and dates. Fortunately 90% of the test is based on only two focus areas. If you already remember the events and dates in Australian History for the whole of the 20th century then well done. Otherwise, there are some skills in analysing sources.

For History and Geography writing tasks, I tend to use the BS factor. (If you know what I mean!)

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I disagree with your comments on maths and sciences... I did no study and no work in them for 4 years and got a mediocre band 4 mark for both I think, and it doesn't mean shit, because I wound up doing 4u english, ancient, modern, ext history and legal studies... none of which I needed maths for. moving onto the senior school rather than dropping out meant I could focus on the areas I'm actually good at & interested in - ie, humanities
And for the record, I did adv maths in yr 9-10 (the school forced us to, it wasn't through choice).

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
yes I found maths easy, mostly because I had done 2 u prelim that year
but still, stupid mistakes meant I only got a very low band 6

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i got a band 4 for everything except english (band 5...just)......luckily we were going ovaseas on the same day i got my results and no one was really payin attention 2 me.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)