Your Partner's Parents (1 Viewer)

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
does anybody have a boyfriend/girlfriend, whose parents do things with you specifically or go out of their way to do things with you?
on friday, i went to sydney with my boyfriends mum for the day...it was cool, just her and me, and like some of the stuff she told me! like her and my boyfriends dad are fighting heaps at the moment, and she was telling me why and everything and i was like "whoa!".
and tomorrow, i cant get home from tafe till heaps late, so she is going to pick me up when im finished and then im gunna stay at their house and then she will drive me to tafe on wednesday morning, which is WAY out of her way.
its cool though.
so im just wondering if, you have a relationship with your partner's parents, or is just you and your partner?

CitYgiRL

HSC
Yeah, they are sooooo nice! his mum just goes out of her way for everyone to make them comfortable. He is away overseas and when they found out i was going on a camping trip they were insistant that I took their car instead of my crappy car. I couldnt though, i didnt trust myself with such a nice car. and they write me emails and call/msg me. they invite me over for dinner and say I can stay when I go out in town. They are sooo nice. It would suck to not get along with your boyfriends parents.

tennille

HSC
My boyfriend's parents are really nice as well. His whole entire family is. I'm always invited to a party or gathering with his family. They are really nice people. I was invited a couple of times to have dinner with my boyfriend's family at the club. That was cool.

His parents just came back from overseas yesterday. They sent me two postcards while they were away. I thought that was quite nice of them.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Boy's families are always nice to the girlfriends, its the girlfriend's families who are the bastards to the boys. :(
My girlfriends parents are arseholes, the same with her family.

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
My boyf family are extremely nice, they bought me a new car (it's not in my name it's in his mum's company's name but still I drive it), and they are continually buying me stuff, But that generally the extent of their kindness. "Shower her with gifts, then she'll stay with our boy" .... but it also sucks too cause my boyf has no idea about the real world he always thinks that his mum will just buy him everything as soon as he asks for it and he hasn't got himself a real job, he works for his uncle (when his uncle needs him)

tennille

HSC
absolution* said:
Boy's families are always nice to the girlfriends, its the girlfriend's families who are the bastards to the boys. :(
My parents are pretty nice to my boyfriend. Maybe they're like that to you because they're protective of your girlfriend.

CitYgiRL

HSC
absolution* said:
lol that is so true. I think its because girls parents dont want their 'little girl' to grow up or whatever. They feel like the boyfriend is taking her away.
Maybe its just that my parents are control freaks and my bf sees that, but they dont get along as well as i get along with his olds.
My parents are really really nice to him, but i think there is a bit of tension. He doesnt like the way they treat me like a little kid.

aj_number_10

HSC
absolution* said:
Yeah i reckon eh.
overprotective bastards they are in general.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
absolution* said:
I dont think so. Did you ever stop and think that they might just be a one-off crappy family. Some parents are overprotective of their daughters, my dad used to be, but now he's acknowledged that I'm in my second year of uni, and am in a v. stable and loving relationship. Its just that some parents are closed-minded and icky. With my first boyfriend, my parents took him under their wing, and were always nice to him, but his family treated me like I was some whore who was trying to steal their son away from the family. Despite the fact we were together for 2.5 years.

But my current boys family are just lovely, lovely people. I've gone away on holidays with them, and have met the extended family. When my boy was going to go on exchange for a year (hes not anymore), his parents used to say that I'd have to come live with them. My boy and I basically live together... the only time we're apart is during class or work, and that kind of relationship wouldnt work if ones parents didnt like the other, but both families love each of us as a daughter/son...

So, in short, I dont think it has anything to do with generalising... it has everything to do with the type of people the parents are and how accepting they are of their child growing up!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
absolution* said:
Been in one situation like that, been in others where its the complete opposite. First impressions count, and they flavour everything you do from that point on. Don't get them offside (at least for the first few months), and assuming they're normal, rational people who understand their daughter will grow up eventually, and that they value her feelings, rather than what they think she should feel, everything'll be cool.

IMHO, anyway. :D

aimstar555

HSC
absolution* said:
i agree, but it's sort of oppisite with my bf-my family's (including my grandparents) REALLY like my boy-he'll sumtimes come over for family dinners/birthday parties etc and it's really good.

my bf's mum is really nice to me, but we're not really that close and i've only met my bf's dad once, which is werid cause i've bin with my boy for about 15 months. :)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my friends boyfriends parents love her
like..his mum always calls her to talk
invites her over
goes shopping together
acts like her mum
maybe coz she has 3 sons..
but yeah..its cute

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
absolution* said:
It's the other way round for me.

My boyfriend's family hate me, even though most of them haven't met me, although the ones that have met me are pretty alright with me.

While my family love him and treat him like part of our family.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
my bf's mum (his parents are divorced - his dad lives heaps far away) is always really nice to me, really supportive. she knows when he's been an asshole and stands up for me, but she respects our privacy a lot too.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
my bfs parents are nice to me + drive me home when i cant be picked up even tho its out o f their way. however are pretty protective over him and hence try to do everything for him and go everywhere with him + he lets them. but meh i have him so i dont really care what they are like...does get on my nerves sometimes tho

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
im heapz good mates with my gf's dad but her mum doesnt like me much.. i wonder why..

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
My boyfriend's mum loves me. We've been together for about 8 months and she's always talking about how im so good to him and how smart and pretty i am which is always good to hear. His grandma loves me heaps too and buys me stuff and his aunty's always want me to babysit cos im good with the kids.

It's kinda bad though, cos my boy's brother (who is one year older than us) just got a girlfriend (who is our age) and their mum hates her. She woke me and my boy up the other morning at 8 am when the other girl left just to say "Rebecca, I love you!" And proceeded to tell us about all the things that were wrong with this girl (she's a derro and is a big girl that wears tight clothes, a ton of makeup and is really loud and rude to her boyfriend blah blah blah) so i feel bad for the girl cos i think she intends to be with this family for a while.

My boy's mum also only has three sons so she likes having me around... but the only thing we've done together was when i taught her how to straighten her hair.

sladehk

le random
HSC
i guess most peoples parents are like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)