Your Parents. What do they think? (1 Viewer)

Benjamin

hiphophorray123 said:
with the number of people coming from other countries to rape our education system....they can understand it
You will be blasted for making that comment... but its damn true...
I am not saying If there where no people comming over simply to use us a seccond set of universities that I would have done better (though I probly would have),I am simply agreeing with you that the large number of non-Australian citizen foreigners in the education system who are not here to stay is seriously hurting it.

God Bless,

HSC
Benjamin said:
You will be blasted for making that comment... but its damn true...
I am not saying If there where no people comming over simply to use us a seccond set of universities that I would have done better (though I probly would have),I am simply agreeing with you that the large number of non-Australian citizen foreigners in the education system who are not here to stay is seriously hurting it.

God Bless,
no one can deny that its not true, my comment did not have any racist intent behind it, they can blast me all they want, no skin off my back

gronkboyslim

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
no one can deny that its not true, my comment did not have any racist intent behind it, they can blast me all they want, no skin off my back
yeah, its not his fault everyones smarter than him.

HSC
gronkboyslim said:
yeah, its not his fault everyones smarter than him.
do you claim your smarter than me? Because if your thinking UAI measures intelligence, you are in fact, not smart at all. I would still stand by my comment if i were lucky enough to get > 90, don't think you know me, your contradicting yourself. It's sad that some HSC leavers refuse to grow up :(

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
yeah my parents were there when i accessed my results..my mum was very happy and my dad is a bit depressed because he keeps reflecting back on the trials when i bombed out in my business studies exam..my grandfather wants me to repeat my grandmother is happy, so yeah mixed feelings in this area

Catastrophe

HSC
i got 84.50 and end up beating every1 i know....cos they'r all failures

so my mum is satsfied, cept i coulda worked abit harder and got 90

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i didnt do great (UAI-wise) and was crying most of yesterday but my parents had already told me that the result didn't matter coz i'd put heaps of effort into studying. they were cool about it and HEAPS supportive. i'm glad they were otherwise yesterday would have been even more hellish than it was.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
they said they were happy with my marks
but i think they thought i would do better
coz i will hear them talk to people and they say things like
i feel sorry for her she tried really hard
its not like her brother where it was his fault ( he lost the plot big time)
i think they were just expecting me to do a bit better UAI wise
they don't really understand the concept of scaling
and me not doing any extention subjects when i should have didn't help
but oh well was not giving up the only interesting subject to do extention maths

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
My folks were proud i beat my brother by 26 marks and i thought i would go to we this year as alot of bad things have happened this year, but i won't get into that here

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
yeah my parents were there when i accessed my results..my mum was very happy and my dad is a bit depressed because he keeps reflecting back on the trials when i bombed out in my business studies exam..my grandfather wants me to repeat my grandmother is happy, so yeah mixed feelings in this area
What your grandfather wants you to repeat with a UAI like that, damn, whats up with that thats a great UAI

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Argonaut said:
My parents were cool about it, which is actually a feat in itself since I had to get up at 5.30 to go to work so I didn't know my mark until this evening.

Anyone who is afraid of what their parents think, screw it. If you're hapy with what you have, what they think shouldn't matter becuse it's not their life.
Damn right i hate it when parents try to live through their kids vicariously.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
I think that if ur parents are not pleased with ur results, no matter if u get a UAI of over 95, or a UAI of 30, they should go to hell. Harsh but true. The thing is that you have done your HSC, which by itself is soemthing to be very very proud of. Not going to university is not the end of the world. In fact I prolly kno more people who are more successful without a uni degree than those who have a uni degree.
However later in life if you don't have a degree in Executive roles you find it harder to be promoted and can be sidestepped by younger ppl with degrees. This happened to my brothers freinds dad

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
My mum didn't understand what it meant. She put it down to the excel book she bought me for english! Dad's over the moon though. Tad envious I think :)

amandaz

in the morning she (my mum) was shitty with me b/c i was out late.....then i told me wat i got and she 4got all about it

then she started going through the phone book, calling everybody she knew
i kept telling her just maybe the WHOLE WORLD doesnt not care wat i got...and if they cared so much they would ring

she is a crack up....she now wants me to do medicine, but i dint sit that UMAT thingy.
she is going to ring UNSW monday and she if they can bend the rules- just 4 me!!!!!!????
she has lost it

wenchaoliu

woow, i dont know, i got 99.30 and my parents werent excited at all...as a matter of fact my mum havent stopped telling me that i havent worked hard enough, i reckon loosing the all-rounder award has made her tick off :(

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well my parents went mental with pride and told anyone wholl listent that i got 94.10........and they cut out a section from the honour role with my name in it....highlighted my name........and framed it........wierdos......

jellybeenz

HSC
My mother was all supportive about my results because I was sooo upset about them. But when I got my UAI- I was soooo happy (89.70), my results didn't indicate my UAI would be that good. But because I was so happy with my marks, my mother got all angry and started telling me how much better I could have done. Its so stupid.

Rowena

parents were happy with marks, didnt quite understand them i think until my mum got to work at the school she works at and told the principal what i got, then the principal got really excited and then i think it set in for her. parents very happy with uai of 90.9, gave me a v nice cheque too!

tensai

HSC
wenchaoliu said:
woow, i dont know, i got 99.30 and my parents werent excited at all...as a matter of fact my mum havent stopped telling me that i havent worked hard enough, i reckon loosing the all-rounder award has made her tick off :(
Farout xiongdi, stop complaining. But azn parents always so high expectations. My mum sounded like some one shot her when i told her i got 98.9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)