Your parents view on HSC (1 Viewer)

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
My parents are soo annoying...

I suck at maths and I will gladly admit it... but I do 12 units and I know for a fact that maths will be the 2 units that wont count in the end..

my mum still hassles me about maths and tells me to study! argh...

and then when i want to go out because i am like so bored of not being able to do anything they dont let me out...

im going 2 have some severe social issues when i grow up lol.... j/k

my parents assume because i tend to do assessments the night before they are due that im unorganised and have been bludging around, when really all i am doing is typing up the assessment, ive finished drafting it and stuff...

argh...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
My parents don't really so much enthusiasm when l have worked my butt off and got a really good mark, and even top of the class.

But if l get second or third or even fourth they hit the roof.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by beergirl
My parents are soo annoying...

I suck at maths and I will gladly admit it... but I do 12 units and I know for a fact that maths will be the 2 units that wont count in the end..

my mum still hassles me about maths and tells me to study! argh...
sounds familiar.....

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
But if l get second or third or even fourth they hit the roof.
Mine don't but they make fun of me :( and thats for a test. I was getting bagged out at school because I lost 1/2 a mark in a maths test even though I still topped it of course my parents dont even know I had the test.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Mine don't but they make fun of me :( and thats for a test. I was getting bagged out at school because I lost 1/2 a mark in a maths test even though I still topped it of course my parents dont even know I had the test.
That sucks. :(

Blackalicious

HSC
Quite supportive, well mum is ( i dont think my dad even knows what year im in at school ...lol) and overly concerned that im not getting enough sleep and not eating enough.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
That sucks. :(
Not really, because I just remind everybody of my mark and remind my mum that she dropped out at yr 10 and my dad only has a diploma (and he didn't even have to sit a test to become a CPA)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Not really, because I just remind everybody of my mark and remind my mum that she dropped out at yr 10 and my dad only has a diploma (and he didn't even have to sit a test to become a CPA)
My parents didn't do their hsc either, but when l say that to them their comeback is, "We know how important the HSC is and we want you to work as hard as you can because you have this opportunity, unlike us"

They couldn't afford to get their hsc, so yeah.

pink_esky

my parents are all, "you never work" blah blah blah. It's true. I don't work. I mean, I do my homework, study the day or two before a test, maybe a few days if it is an exam, but they think my whole relaxed attitude is wrong. I mean, who can be bothered studying now, when the HSC is sooooo far away?

bex

HSC
I didnt do as much work as i should have for the HSC but still, i got a UAI that im pretty proud of (87.85) AND once the whole ordeal is over with uni entry and stuff, noone could give a shit what your uai was! My parents still dont realise that!

I got into the course that i wanted at a uni renowned for its comm courses( CSU), moving on campus was the best decision ive ever made and STILL, mum and dad want to know why i didnt study more, and why cant just live at home and go to sydney uni and study pharmacy (like my dad did) or if i have to do communications, why cant i just stay in sydney for it? they dont understand Bathurst's reputation in the industry or the facilities or the fact that i havent been this happy in about 3 years!... it drves me nuts!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
my parents bag me out and think i'm dumb.
Nice parents you have. Just remind them that you are 50% of each of them so you are only dumb because of them.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Nice parents you have. Just remind them that you are 50% of each of them so you are only dumb because of them.
HAHAHAHAH
oh i really must use that on my dad :D

KfWang

hahaha if you told them that, you would either make them even more angier, or you would make them really sad about it, and blame themsevles,

what you could do though, is tell them that you are old enough to do your own thing, and then go out and prove the point lol

like my parents used to care about everything i did, but then i went and got a job, didnt tell them and when i started working told them, and i just said im old enough, i can organise my time, now my paretns dont realli give two shits about me LOL can be good, can be bad ^^

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Tabris
just wandering, do u ever get annoyed with your parents who just constantly ask u on how your doing?
i got annyoyed when others asked how i was doing, although they were just being nice and i ask other people now that i am finished, it was just annoying, like the only think they could ask you

astro

HSC
My parents think that the HSC is in the list of the top 5 biggest hurdles in life. If i don't get good, in thier eyes, i will be tossed into the scrap heap of society..... dramatic......i know

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by astro
My parents think that the HSC is in the list of the top 5 biggest hurdles in life. If i don't get good, in thier eyes, i will be tossed into the scrap heap of society..... dramatic......i know
same here

Sugar

HSC
I second that.

Failing the HSC is the end of my life in their perspectives.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

When I first started high school, the HSC was the most important thing for my parents. Achieving a UAI over 90 to my parents meant good job good pay, which we all know is not necessarily true...
However, I think my parents have started to realise that its not the end of the world. They still care and encouarge me to do my best, and they still hope that I get a UAI over 90, but they figured that there are other ways to be successful and happy..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)