your opinion (1 Viewer)

brunette

HSC
what would you say is the best text to use from the stimulus booklet in relation to imaginative journeys???

just thought ill ask coz im still undecided!??!

Cab31

HSC
i would use journey to the interior by margret atwood
i can definately see the idea of imaginitive journeys stemming from that poem. she is a renowned imaginative poetry writer too.

Lorie

HSC
the only 2 imaginative texts in the booklet are Jouney to the interior and The town where time stands still :uhhuh:

clerisy

HSC
I think all of the texts-- well, maybe not Blood on the Tracks-- can apply to imaginative journeys. It depends on the points you're discussing.

But yes, Journey to the Interior would be the best, I think.

HSC
i'm using either time stands still or the interior one.
preferably the time stands still coz its easier to remember.

brunette

HSC
wow we were only taught 'the road not taken' and the book cover as imaginative journeys
now i really dont know which ones to use

Lorie

HSC
i used the road not taken for my half yearly and losy so many marks for choice of text. It's just a text supposely designed for the lower standard students. It is really only an inner journey.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
It depends on what you're relating you other texts to be. I'm using the Ivory trail for my theme of 'spirituality'. i originally used JTI, but i found this good poem as a related text i wanted to use.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
im using the ivory trail.. our teacher also recommended journey to the interior and wind in the willows as the best texts for it.. but i guess any could work as long as u relate it to the rubric

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
not only relate it to the rubric. It should also fit your line of argument.

slayer

HSC
N/A
the road not taken -i used

i am doin the road not taken for imaginative journeys, and my marks were pretty good. its basically how effectively u answer the question and how many techniques you have.

brunette

HSC
how do u reckon text 6 "jouneys over land and sea" would relate to imaginative journeys...someone explained it to me once but its do out of my head :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
the cartoon images deals with more of the imaginative aspect.
from the text, it depicts more of a physical and inner jounrey.

Cab31

HSC
you know you can use all of them. thats the beauty of imaginitive journeys because for the texts to even be created the creator has to go on a journey.
just pick one which supports your arguement. they are all picked because you can choose anyone to support your ideas.

eth

HSC
Lorie said:
i used the road not taken for my half yearly and losy so many marks for choice of text. It's just a text supposely designed for the lower standard students. It is really only an inner journey.
Actually, it is NOT only an inner journey, although that is certainly what it is best suited for. If you lost marks for your choice of text then either
a) Whoever marked it is stupid, cos no markes are allocated for choice of text, or
b) You approached it in the completely wrong way.

The imaginative journey in Road not Taken is based around the speculation of the persona about the different possibitities available on the two routes, the possiblilty that one is "less travelled by," and the wondering about whether he may ever return to take the other path.

The best way to approach a text for imag. journeys is to talk about the imaginative journey the composer brings the responder (ie you) on. Wind in the Willows is excellent for this, as you can talk about how Toad leads Rat and Mole into an imaginative journey over the potential of a caravan life, which then in turn leads the responder into a journey
Talk about the emotive language, the way Toad persuades Rat "Dear, good old Ratty" and the way he assumes leadership.

For Text 2, the book cover "The Ivory Trail," talk about the 'reading path' created by the 'vector lines' in the image, and the way the setting inspires the imagination - pyramid, sphinx, eastern-style towers - and the way the epigram "Not all journeys have an ending" leads the responder to speculate on the possible ways a journey could end, or avoid ending.

I havn't really studied the others, but if you ask nicely then I can come up with a few suggestions.

scruffy012

HSC
Lorie said:
yeah but thats mrs parker for u, if it isnt perfect for ext 2 u got no hope for decent marks. she sets her standard, but wierldly lorie she recommended me Text 6 "Journies Over Land and Sea and thats mainly physical???????

yeah thats our teacher.....

scruffy

~*Bec S*~

anything can be an imaginary journey, because it can be the journey of the responder, composer or character. i'm using Journeys over land and sea and taking it from the perspective that as an advertisement for the smithsonian libraries it uses several techniques to spur an imaginative journey of the responder, so that they imagine the journeys of the adventurers and are changed by wanting to visit the libraries and read them for themselves
i just think this one is the best because you are basically useing every technique in the article to explain how it is an effective advertisement- because an effective advertisement causes the responder to imagine what the product is really like and the experience they will encounter with it. Also because it has both visuals and language there is a lot to talk about.

MaSoDiVa

I'm using journeys over land and sea, and its worked really well for me,because i have been able to link it up to The Tempest pretty good, i scored really good marks for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)